• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| Ask Not The Jobber How John Cena Wins

DiscoJon

Banned
Kiss From A Rose has the most nonsensical lyrics to ever come from a Bat-movie. And that's saying A LOT.

"Kiss From A Rose"

There used to be a graying tower alone on the sea.
You became the light on the dark side of me.
Love remained a drug that's the high and not the pill.
But did you know,
That when it snows,
My eyes become large and
The light that you shine can be seen.
Baby,
I compare you to a kiss from a rose on the gray.
Ooh,
The more I get of you,
The stranger it feels, yeah.
And now that your rose is in bloom.
A light hits the gloom on the gray.
There is so much a man can tell you,
So much he can say.
You remain,
My power, my pleasure, my pain, baby
To me you're like a growing addiction that I can't deny.
Won't you tell me is that healthy, baby?
But did you know,
That when it snows,
My eyes become large and the light that you shine can be seen.
Baby,
Ooh, the more I get of you
The stranger it feels, yeah
Now that your rose is in bloom.
A light hits the gloom on the gray,
I've been kissed by a rose on the gray,
I've been kissed by a rose
I've been kissed by a rose on the gray,
...And if I should fall along the way
I've been kissed by a rose
...been kissed by a rose on the gray.
There is so much a man can tell you,
So much he can say.
You remain
My power, my pleasure, my pain.
To me you're like a growing addiction that I can't deny, yeah
Won't you tell me is that healthy, baby.
But did you know,
That when it snows,
My eyes become large and the light that you shine can be seen.
Baby,
Now that your rose is in bloom,
Yes I compare you to a kiss from a rose on the gray
And now that your rose is in bloom
A light hits the gloom on the gray
Now that your rose is in bloom,

seal-s-nails-the-voice-o.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
To be fair, it would have been a short movie if Seagal made it to the plane!!
I think it was a missed opportunity that Seagal wasn't waiting back at the base at the end of the movie. After all he TMF status.

Someone said in the director's cut it shows him swimming to shore at the end. I was watching old school VHS style, so I don't know. I was waiting for him to miraculously show up at the end and either shoot the dude with the keyboard or David Suchet when he's staring down Russell. It wouldn't make ANY sense, but very little about Seagal movies make any sense.

I'm LTTP but I finally caught up to the first four episodes of Lucha Underground.

I love the production (camera work, lighting, music), serialized vignettes that tells a coherent story (WWE pay attention) and ring work for the most part.

I love Conan, Johnny Mundo, Dario, Catrina (Maxine, you hot) and Prince Puma (Ricochet).

WWE was definitely sleeping by not picking up Ricochet to have a replacement for Rey Mysterio and Sin Cara.

I've got to say the actual wrestlers are mostly C tier (except for a few) but they polish these turds into gold. I haven't read up too much on the show but some of the Luchas seem like Gringos in masks and do not wrestle Lucha (like the 1,000 Deaths guy who does Flair chops, spear, etc). But the last two episodes they've introduced more wrestlers from AAA.

Honestly, after watching these episodes, it shows how inept the management of TNA is. TNA doesn't care about PPV buys, House Show gates or toys/t-shirts/DVDs/etc. The show is everything TNA should be. Weekly episodic television programming that is geared toward generating ratings.

I'm disappointed to hear the ratings are low for Lucha. But the show should definitely be a mainstream network television.

The ratings aren't terribly important at the moment, as El Rey are using the show to help grow their business, but hopefully it does generate more interest as the series wears on. The Spanish language version does a lot better. Also, Mil Muertes is a lucha guy, he just fucking sucks (Ricky Banderas, who was Judas Mesias in TNA).

DiscoJon

Banned
The ratings aren't terribly important at the moment, as El Rey are using the show to help grow their business, but hopefully it does generate more interest as the series wears on. The Spanish language version does a lot better. Also, Mil Muertes is a lucha guy, he just fucking sucks (Ricky Banderas, who was Judas Mesias in TNA).

Abyss seems like he would be a good fit on LU. Speaking of Abyss, where in the hell is he?

bjork

I can see it now. Everyone in Team Cena is down and out except for John, then all of a sudden you hear his entrance music start. Cena looks out toward the screen and the ramp, then down from the rafters, here he comes...

John Sting-a. Sting in crow makeup, jorts and cena armbands and shit. Drops him with the deathdrop and then ^5s HHH to end the show.

bjork

Also I wish they made a Supercard generator. Not like for cheating in the game, but to put your own image and stats, etc.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It turned out to be a much better movie than Batman & Robin.
nigmasddf5uo6.gif

3/5 Diesel gloves, and it didn't even need a cute dog to get there. I think Kilmer was the worst part.

Results for the first day of the World Tag League;

1. Liger, Tiger, Taguchi & Captain vs Anderson, Doc, Fale & Tonga -
Anderson pinned Captain after the Magic Killer
2. BUSHI & KUSHIDA vs Bennett & Taven -
Bennett pins BUSHI with a piledriver
3. WTL 2015: TenKoji vs Conway & Dane -
Conway tapped to Tenzan's anaconda vice
4. WTL 2015: Suzuki & Iizuka vs K.E.S. -
Archer pinned Iizuka after a Killer Bomb
5. WTL 2015: Nagata & Nakanishi vs Shibata & Goto -
Nagata pinned Shibata after a backdrop hold
6. WTL 2015: Naito & La Sombra vs Styles & Yujiro -
Naito pinned Yujiro with the Stardust Press
7. Makabe, Ibushi & Honma vs Nakamura, Ishii & Yano -
Yano pinned Honma with the Urakasumi cradle
8. WTL 2015: Tanahashi & Yoshitatsu vs Okada & YOSHI-HASHI -
Okada made Yoshitatsu tap to the Red Ink

Post-match Okada told Tanahashi he wants to have the best match ever with him at WK9, before hitting him with a tombstone and telling him to shine up the IWGP title belt because he's taking it back at the Tokyo Dome.

Gonzalez

Banned
Also, Mil Muertes is a lucha guy, he just fucking sucks (Ricky Banderas, who was Judas Mesias in TNA).

Sort of, he actually got his start in Puerto Rico. So his style reflects the PR style. Which is "I don't know how to fucking bump. I just know the basics, but I'm really good at throwing a fake punch".

Sort of, he actually got his start in Puerto Rico. So his style reflects the PR style. Which is "I don't know how to fucking bump. I just know the basics, but I'm really good at throwing a fake punch".

Yeah. He just seems like a brawler, nothing special. And the Lucha they debuted on the fourth episode seems like a Gringo too.

But regardless, even with these C-B tier wrestlers, they manage to make the viewer interested in the story. They manage to have three or so matches along with a couple of vignettes. It really is a well executed program. Up there with NXT as the best wrestling show weekly, imo.

I remember listening to Bauer and Pollock and MLW and cringing at the idea of minis and women wrestling the males but it's done in a way to make it believable.

Hasney

Hopefully there's a story where Maxine gets rid of Mil, especially with Alberto and possibly Young Bucks coming in. Alberto could even come in with Ricardo, have them split up since he wants to wrestle more anyway, then have Maxine and Alberto together.

Alucard

Banned
It was pretty good! 6 man was a fine enough opener, but idk how long they've been building up Roddy leaving The Decade, because it seemed kinda anticlimactic. Interrupting the Rowe interview was heel as hell, but i kinda expected Hanson to come out to help his partner. Never seen War Machine go before but they seem pretty cool. main event for next week should be fun, and so should the eventual Sydal/Lethal match. Haven't watched anything Sydal's done since getting released by the WWE, so really, i haven't seen him in a match these past 3 years. ACH/Lethal was very good, I've enjoyed ACH every time i've seen him.

ACH is a lot of fun. His first match with Lethal was phenomenal. I thought this last one wasn't nearly as good. ACH's table bump looked kinda bad, though.

War Machine were starting to pick up steam before Rowe's injury. Really hope they're able to recapture what they had going.

The Roddy thing has been going on for a few weeks, but I thought the "implosion" felt really awkward and the fans were way too quiet for that angle to really feel significant.

Nisa65

Probably gonna go check out the World Tag League show in Zentsuji next Saturday. Will be NJPW's first event in my area since G1 so quite looking forward to it.

Looks like NJPW are bringing Fantastica Mania to my small prefecture in January too. I know jack shit about Lucha but was considering picking up a ticket. Is it likely to be a decent show?

Looks like NJPW are bringing Fantastica Mania to my small prefecture in January too. I know jack shit about Lucha but was considering picking up a ticket. Is it likely to be a decent show?

Yeah, the Fantasticamania shows are always good fun and CMLL are sending over some really good talent this time around. For the most part they seem to work well within the New Japan style and you'll see lots of crazy dives, so if that's your thing I'd definitely recommend it.

Xater

Probably gonna go check out the World Tag League show in Zentsuji next Saturday. Will be NJPW's first event in my area since G1 so quite looking forward to it.

The last time I don't think any of the Fantasticamania shows was a dud. I think you should go.

Gonzalez

Banned
Yeah, go ahead and check it out. But be warned, Lucha isn't for everyone. The psychology of Lucha(especially modern Lucha) can get a little confusing at times.

Hasney

Yeah, go ahead and check it out. But be warned, Lucha isn't for everyone. The psychology of Lucha(especially modern Lucha) can get a little confusing at times.

Yeah, this. Lucha Underground waters a lot of that down for an American audience, but Lucha matches get all fucked up. It's a fun watch though.

Yoshitatsu's had to pull out of the World Tag League with a neck injury, so it looks like Tanahashi's tournament is over. Really poor start to Yoshitatsu's New Japan return - lukewarm match with AJ, takes the Styles Clash wrong and injures his neck forcing him out of the Tag League.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yoshitatsu's had to pull out of the World Tag League with a neck injury, so it looks like Tanahashi's tournament is over. Really poor start to Yoshitatsu's New Japan return - lukewarm match with AJ, takes the Styles Clash wrong and injures his neck forcing him out of the Tag League.

Wait, he took it wrong twice? Or that one he took was bad enough? It sure LOOKED bad. Really a shame, but I just don't think...well, he was flirting with NXT for a reason, sadly.

Nisa65

Cheers for the advice folks. Will more than likely pick up a ticket in January when I'm not broke.

Sucks to hear about Yoshitatsu's injury possibly forcing Tanahashi out of the Tag League. Those two were due to be in the main event at the show I'm going to next week.

Wait, he took it wrong twice? Or that one he took was bad enough? It sure LOOKED bad. Really a shame, but I just don't think...well, he was flirting with NXT for a reason, sadly.

Nah, he only took it the once - I guess they thought he was OK to continue, but then he must have aggravated it in the match with Okada & YOSHI today.

Fox318

I have a source for the end of survivor series.

I'm not posting this in a spoiler because the world needs to know.

Both teams lose and the authority is replaced with Kevin Nash.

DMczaf

Austin's match commentaries are exact what I want from WWE Network.

He's not just joking around and going "lol I remember that!", dude is breaking down tape.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Austin's match commentaries are exact what I want from WWE Network.

He's not just joking around and going "lol I remember that!", dude is breaking down tape.

Me too. I want so much of it. Bring in Perry Saturn to talk about his cage match with Curt Hennig.

Top Bottom