• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| Ask Not The Jobber How John Cena Wins

C.Dark.DN

Banned
What's up with secure.net.wwe.com not being completely secure when signing up for the Network? Yellow icon vs. green lock. The last time I typed me credit card info into a website like that I got a fraudulent charge.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
"Boom, Stunner out of the blue! Notice, no kick. He's been working my leg the entire match, it made no sense to kick him."

cena-scared-gif.gif

xdjyb.gif

Carnby

Someone at work was talking about a Batista movie, and I mentioned how he came back to WWE, but he wasn't very good because he became gased in every match. The guy legit asked if being gased was supposed to be Batista's gimmick. Lol

strobogo

Banned
Gospel Gossip with Stro: Let Me Acts You A Question

Barsabbas, now known as Matthias, was added to the apostles to replace the dead and hanging Judas. That new character smell.

The Disciples of Apocalypse were hanging out one day when it got super windy and “something appeared to them that seemed like tongues of fire, these separated and came to rest in the head of each one”. Then they all started talking in different languages.
crazybray.gif

People thought they must be drunk, but Peter reminded them that it is only 9 AM and they aren't lushes like me.

Pete shames the SHIT out of the Jews for killing Jesus, eventually getting it worked out that the only way for them to not be fucked for live is to immediately get baptized in the name of Jesus. About 3000 signed up that day. Pete and John were also able to use some of Jesus' excess power to perform miracles and whatnot.

Ananias and Sapphira sold some of their property, but “conspired” to keep some of the money of the proceeds for themselves. Pete immediately calls them out on it for lying to God. Ananias drops dead on the spot. Sweet Sapphire didn't know about that part, so later when Pete asked her about it, he called her out and she also dropped dead. The congregation was pretty fearful at this point, which makes sense, since God got WAY sawft when Jesus was around. So much so you'd think it was a different god. Good to see he's still got that FEAR ME OR DIE edge to him.
teddylong.gif

Angels are really good at jail breaks, by the way. They do it all the fucking time.
Corgi_jailbreak.gif

The DOA were told to stop fucking talking about Jesus. Just drop it. And they got arrested and flogged, but were happy about it because they're into that kind of thing.
Im1U2.gif

Recap of most of the Torah

Phillip happened to meet up with a eunuch from Ethiopia and converted him. There also happened to be a pool of water in the desert when a baptism was needed. When the eunuch came up from the water, the Holy Spirit snatched Phil right out of there and teleported him somewhere else.
5gM40.gif

Saul was going around killing believers and what not. One day, Jesus himself spoke to Saul from the sky. Jesus blinded him, then sent another dude to heal his eyes so Saul would spread the Good News to the dirty Gentiles. This plan worked.

One day, Pete was praying on the roof, as you do. He was really hungry and fell into a trance. He then saw heaven “standing open, and something like a large sheet being lowered to earth by its four corners. It had all kinds of animals. God then made all food clean it seems. Sounds to me like Pete was going into a diabetic coma and secretly wanted that sweet crab meat.
giphy.gif

It was around this time that God opened up heaven for anyone, of any nation, of any blood line, if they accept Jeeeeeeeezus. Jesus: Not just for Jews anymore!
loGZfw2.jpg

Herod was still hating on Jews and followers of Jesus. Eventually, he was giving a speech or something. Someone in the audience said he had the voice of a god, not a man. For that, God killed Herod on the spot for not giving glory to God. Wait, shouldn't he have killed the dude who said that? Herod was then eaten by worms.
WWE_The_Boogeyman.jpg

Saul became Paul and said something stupid. He was stoned for it and nearly died.
i2u57N7hEyywW.gif

Paul and Barney decided they'd go back to all the towns they'd be to and check up on everyone. But then they got into an argument and broke up.
16mlp.gif

Now Paul and Luke were a tag team and climbing up the ranks. They met a woman, who was struck with The Spirit and would follow them around yelling about how faithful they were. It went on for days. Finally, Paul turned around and told her to SHUT THE FUCK UP, then made The Spirit leave her.
1348073867648.gif

They then got arrested because that woman's bosses couldn't make money off of them now. (What?) While they were in jail, praying, a huge earthquake hit and all the cages were opened and all the chains were dropped from all prisoners. Then the jailer was converted.
quake2.gif

Those pesky Jews were causing trouble wherever the DOA went. One time, some high priests were trying to exorcise Damon Kanes in the name of Jesus. The Damon Kanes laughed at them, because they knew Jesus and Paul, but had no idea who the priests were. Then tombstoned them.
tombstone.gif

Basically, the DOA became a group of Jesuses. They're able to do all the same miracles Jesus did, up to and including resurrecting the dead. So...why aren't these guys considered God as well?

Fucking Paul. I swear more words are devoted to him than Jesus himself. You'd think THIS guy is the Messiah. So sick of his shit. Oh, he used to kill followers of Jesus and now he's one of them. Big deal. Oh, he's persecuted everywhere he goes. Big deal. Oh, we're going to follow him going to multiple jails and traveling for YEARS. Big deal. Oh, he wants to meet Caesar. Big deal. Oh, he got bitten by a snake. Big deal. Oh, FUCK THIS GUY. He's like Jesus with no charisma. He's basically the Renegade to Jesus' Ultimate Warrior. BORING AS SHIT. And if you like shit, well fuck you, too. Get this guy out of my fucking face.
ib0aqDP9cRgsjj.gif

Luckily the rest of the books are pretty short. Most are just a few pages, some only one page. Until Revelation, which I am definitely looking forward to. Also, the Jews are not painted in a very flattering light AT ALL. Frequently mentioned as the ones who killed Jesus (and persecuted all the other prophets sent to them), always scheming to get various disciples killed or arrested. Even in the Torah, they are portrayed as a very bitchy, whiny, and generally unlikable people that God only picked because of a few dope people, but otherwise would be happy to kill all of them. By the time you get to the Koran, all this FUCK DA JEWS shit makes sense, since God himself has been thinking that for a couple thousand years by that point.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
giphy.gif

Now Paul and Luke were a tag team and climbing up the ranks. They met a woman, who was struck with The Spirit and would follow them around yelling about how faithful they were. It went on for days. Finally, Paul turned around and told her to SHUT THE FUCK UP, then made The Spirit leave her.
1348073867648.gif
/dead

Made better by the fact I saw Bronson a while back.

Getting round to watching Untitled II. Busick and Ciampa was a great opener, love watching Rousey freak out in the background during the multiple powerbombs. She throws a shitty chop though.

XenoRaven

I haven't researched it much, but I've heard arguments that a lot of Paul's letters are a bunch of hooey and he's basically responsible for guilt-based Christianity, legalism, and persecution of non-Christians.

strobogo

Banned
I haven't researched it much, but I've heard arguments that a lot of Paul's letters are a bunch of hooey and he's basically responsible for guilt-based Christianity, legalism, and persecution of non-Christians.

I can see the legalism aspect just from Acts, but Peter was shaming the shit out of Jews more than Paul. Although over the course of Acts, Jews are portrayed very poorly, but Paul didn't write Acts, (likely) Luke did. There is definitely a persecution complex running through it, as there was in the Torah and Koran as well, though.

Zach

Starrcade '83: A Flair for the Gold - B

Starrcade '84: The Million Dollar Challenge - C

WrestleMania - B-
The Wrestling Classic - D+
Starrcade '85: The Gathering - C

WrestleMania 2 - C+
The Big Event - C-
Starrcade '86: The Sky Walkers - C+

WrestleMania III - B-
Starrcade '87: Chi-Town Heat - C+
Survivor Series '87 - C-

Bunkhouse Stampede '88 - C-
Royal Rumble '88 - C-
Clash of the Champions I - B+
WrestleMania IV - C
Clash of the Champions II - C+
The Great American Bash '88 - B
SummerSlam '88 - D
Clash of the Champions III - C-
Survivor Series '88 - D
Clash of the Champions IV - C+
Starrcade '88: True Gritt - B

Royal Rumble '89 - F
Clash of the Champions V - C-
Clash of the Champions VI - B
WrestleMania V - B-
WrestleWar '89 - C
Clash of the Champions VII - C+
The Great American Bash '89 - B+
SummerSlam '89 - C
Clash of the Champions VIII - B-
Halloween Havoc '89 - C+
Clash of the Champions IX - B
Survivor Series '89 - D+
Starrcade '89: Future Shock - C+

Royal Rumble '90 - D+
Clash of the Champions X - B-
WrestleWar '90 - C
WrestleMania VI - B
Capital Combat: The Return of Robocop - B-
Clash of the Champions XI - C
The Great American Bash '90 - B-
SummerSlam '90 - D
Clash of the Champions XII - D
Halloween Havoc '90 - C-
Clash of the Champions XIII - D
Survivor Series '90 - D+
Starrcade '90: Collision Course - B-

Royal Rumble '91 - D+
Clash of the Champions XIV - B-
WrestleWar '91 - C+
WrestleMania VII - D+
SuperBrawl - C-
Clash of the Champions XV - B-
The Great American Bash '91 - F
SummerSlam '91 - C-
Clash of the Champions XVI - C
Halloween Havoc '91 - B-
Clash of the Champions XVII - B-
Survivor Series '91 - D
This Tuesday in Texas - C
Starrcade '91: Battlebowl - C-

Royal Rumble '92 - B-
Clash of the Champions XVIII - B
SuperBrawl II - B+
WrestleMania VIII - B-
WrestleWar '92 - B-
Beach Blast '92 - B+
Clash of the Champions XIX - B
The Great American Bash '92 - C+
SummerSlam '92 - C-
Clash of the Champions XX - B+
Halloween Havoc '92 - C-
Clash of the Champions XXI - C+
Survivor Series '92 - C-
Starrcade '92 - B-

Clash of the Champions XXII - B
Royal Rumble '93 - C
SuperBrawl III - B-
WrestleMania IX - C-
Slamboree '93 - D+
King of the Ring '93 - C+
Clash of the Champions XXIII - C+
Beach Blast '93 - B-
Clash of the Champions XXIV - C+
SummerSlam '93 - D
Fall Brawl '93 - C-
Halloween Havoc '93 - C+
Clash of the Champions XXV - C-
BattleBowl - D
Survivor Series '93 - F
Starrcade '93 - C

Royal Rumble '94 - C-
Clash of the Champions XXVI - B-
SuperBrawl IV - B-
WrestleMania X - B-
Spring Stampede '94 - B
Slamboree '94 - C
King of the Ring '94 - D
Clash of the Champions XXVII - C
Bash at the Beach '94 - C-
Clash of the Champions XXVIII - C+
SummerSlam '94 - C-
Fall Brawl '94 - C-
Halloween Havoc '94 - D+
Clash of the Champions XXIX - D
Survivor Series '94 - F
Starrcade '94 - D

Royal Rumble '95 - C-
Clash of the Champions XXX - D+
SuperBrawl V - D+
Uncensored '95 - F
WrestleMania XI - D+
In Your House 1 - C-
Slamboree '95 - C-
The Great American Bash '95 - D
King of the Ring '95 - F
Bash at the Beach '95 - F
In Your House 2 - C
Clash of the Champions XXXI - C
SummerSlam '95 - C+
Fall Brawl '95 - D+
In Your House 3 - C+
In Your House 4 - D+
Halloween Havoc '95 - F
Survivor Series '95 - C+
World War 3 '95 - C
In Your House 5 - C-
Starrcade '95 - B-

Royal Rumble '96 - C-
Clash of the Champions XXXII - C
SuperBrawl VI - D+
In Your House 6 - C-
Uncensored '96 - D
WrestleMania XII - B-
In Your House 7 - C-
Slamboree '96 - C
In Your House 8 - B-
The Great American Bash '96 - B
King of the Ring '96 - B-
Bash at the Beach '96 - B
In Your House 9 - C-
Hog Wild - C

That crowd, man.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
will be interesting seeing paul heyman and wade barrett on the survivor series panel

Top Bottom