• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| Ask Not The Jobber How John Cena Wins

Punk on Ultimate Fighter would be great. He's going to get his ass beat in the octagon though.

That's actually a good idea. I heard they had some plans to keep ultimate fighter more interesting... maybe that's what they're looking to do? Have him try to earn his way into the company through the Ultimate Fighter and get a few months of CM Punk drawing viewers for the show.

That's actually a good idea. I heard they had some plans to keep ultimate fighter more interesting... maybe that's what they're looking to do? Have him try to earn his way into the company through the Ultimate Fighter and get a few months of CM Punk drawing viewers for the show.

Well that is really the only option for him or to hype up a special attraction style match as a one or two time only deal. No way he's going to win a fight against anybody. He won't be a draw like Brock or be able to hold his ground since Brock had his NCAA background and is a beast in everything.

strobogo

Banned
Why is the link asking me for a user name/password?

Idk. Must have linked the wrong part. I updated the post

https://legitshook.squarespace.com/strobogos-wrasslin-potpourri-reviews/2014/11/22/ecw-cyberslam-1996

Also, MOTHER FUCK Biblical Paul. That mother fucker is a straight up huckster. This cunt goes from killing followers of Jesus to being this super hardcore devote who just so happens to change all the rules and none of the other disciples will pull rank on him. I'm getting heated over this piece of shit.

Meltzer's take on
Orton and Sting
at Survivor Series

Unless plans have changed, there is a surprise that isn't
Sting
scheduled for the show, because I was told of a surprise return "that wouldn't surprise you too much" on Monday.

Orton
is and was always a possibility, but this isn't
Orton
or
Sting
I don't think although I suppose
Sting
could have fit those paramaters.

Could be that WWE wants it out and made sure it got out or it could be that Johnson knows someone close to
Sting
or
Sting
himself. I don't worry about it. Johnson isn't making up a story, no way, and my gut is if he was wrong or got bad info, people in the company would tell me he's wrong to dispute it and nobody has done that.

Anth0ny

Seems like the big UFC announcement a few days ago was intended to possibly, maybe, who knows, be CM Punk

https://twitter.com/FrontRowBrian/status/536264810065698816

So 3 options for Sting then

1. He comes out as a surprise member of Cena's team, which is stupid with no hype, but they've shown they aren't opposed to putting big stuff on Survivor Series like Rock a couple of years ago in his first match back.

2. HHH's team loses and Vince McMahon comes out to announce a new Authority figure. It's Sting.

3. HHH's team wins and HHH is gloating in the ring when the lights go out. Sting is shown in the rafters and points a baseball bat at the Authority. This builds to Sting vs HHH at Mania. The Cena team firing stip is forgotten.

Why is the link asking me for a user name/password?

Stro linked to his access account I assume, remove /config#/| from the url to get to the post.

EDIT: Too slow :/

Well Mike Johnson has confirmed another Big Name for Survivor Series:

Randy Orton

Well this one makes sense so he has a great chance of going 1 out 2 of people showing up for the show.

I'm super keen to see him back, they booked him a movie just as he was getting interesting. Been a great worker this year too.

I assume Team Cena will all be smashed the fuck up, H will be laughing his arse off at broken down Cena in the corner who looks to have died after not moving/reacting in the last 15 minutes of beatdowns. Suddenly Orton jumps out of the crowd with an OUTTA NOWHERE RKO on Team Authority, finishing up with one on H in the middle of the ring. As Orton goes to grab Cena Teammate #3 to create the win Cena comes OUTTA NOWHERE and RKO's Orton! Cena wins! He looks a million dollars! Never count him out!

Sting comes out to raise Cena's hand before departing the arena.

Best part of suvivor series will be BNB and Heyman on the panel

Is that confirmed? Great news if so. Hope it's just those 2 tbh.

Austin's match commentaries are exact what I want from WWE Network.

He's not just joking around and going "lol I remember that!", dude is breaking down tape.
It's amazing how they only had 5 spots organised for the whole match. Shows how smart they are that they can put on a damn good match just from feeling out the crowd and each other.

WWE really need to get the big guns in to record some commentary. Steve does an amazing job laying it all out, remembers a lot more than I would expect!

Aiii

So not worth it
So, 2014, despite having one of the best WrestleMania's ever, can be considered one of the worst years in WWE history, right?

At least, as far as the main roster goes. I haven't watched a single Smackdown all year, I've stopped watching Raw and the PPV's, while solid wrestling wise, have been mostly uninteresting (with WM30 as the notable exception).

tumblr_nff83egRRE1t91k2bo1_1280.png

So, 2014, despite having one of the best WrestleMania's ever, can be considered one of the worst years in WWE history, right?

At least, as far as the main roster goes. I haven't watched a single Smackdown all year, I've stopped watching Raw and the PPV's, while solid wrestling wise, have been mostly uninteresting (with WM30 as the notable exception).

definitely the worst in terms of "what could be"

it's been fucking terrible, so maybe. 2008-2011 tier definitely

Anth0ny

It's like the anti-2000.

Amazing Mania, fucking HORRIBLE everything else.

Alucard

Banned
WWE is gonna use Sting in a worse way than he was used at Starcade...they're gonna make him come out and turn heel/help team authority. It's what WCW had originally planned for the NWO. Imagine Cole...

"It's Sting! Why's he here?! He's...He's...NO!!! Sting just hit Cena! Sting just hit Cena!"

DMczaf

I'm 100% sure WWE will over think Sting's storyline just like they did with Bret/Vince.

They will add a bunch of bullshit because they're scared kids won't know who he is, so they have to create a reason for them to care.

Jesus, the Bret/Vince buildup was so damn bad, with an even worse match.

WWE is gonna use Sting in a worse way than he was used at Starcade...they're gonna make him come out and turn heel/help team authority. It's what WCW had originally planned for the NWO. Imagine Cole...

"It's Sting! Why's he here?! He's...He's...NO!!! Sting just hit Cena! Sting just hit Cena!"
"Sting just saved Cena from the Authority! He's... *Sting RKOs Cena* what, no! *Randy Orton takes off Sting mask and stands tall to end the show*

somedevil

All I can say is that the PPVs after Wrestlemania have all been solid to great. The Raws started to fall apart after the Raw after Summerslam.

What kind of special entrance can they have Sting do considering:

1. Repelling down from the rafters is a no go

2. Coming in through the crowd is The Shield's trademark

3. Sting's age

strobogo

Banned
This year's WWE was better than 2008-2011 because in ring wise, it blows those years away. There were probably more 3 star level TV matches this year than there were 3 star level matches total in those 3 years.

DMczaf

What kind of special entrance can they have Sting do considering:

1. Repelling down from the rafters is a no go

2. Coming in through the crowd is The Shield's trademark

3. Sting's age

Probably just a cheap and lazy "lights go out, come back on...STING OMG!!" gimmick

Gonzalez

Banned
I wonder if he's playing UFC against WWE to get more money from Vince?
If he is, then that's really smart. With the lack of a real pro wrestling competitor in North American the next best thing would be to use another Entertaiment medium for leverage. Back in the 90's a random midcarder could threaten to leave for WCW, or WWF and it would start a bidding war for their services.

I'm sure if Ziggler, or Ryback wrestled back in the 90's, and were told that they would be pushed down the card they would say "fuck you, give me a raise, and a bigger spot, or I'm taking my talents down to Atlanta".

Hasney

If he is, then that's really smart. With the lack of a real pro wrestling competitor in North American the next best thing would to do would be to use another Entertaiment medium for leverage. Back in the 90's a random midcarder could threaten to leave for WCW, or WWF and it would start a bidding war for their services.

Hell, The Godfather apparently was going to be paid quite a bit to join WCW and the nWo... Until Virgil told them he would do it for less.

Top Bottom