• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| Ask Not The Jobber How John Cena Wins

Striker

I might end up watching SS this morning, but some notes:

Sting didn't have his bat? That's part of his signature look. Kind of a shame. Haven't heard his music yet, but the tune from the 2K15 commercial was awesome.

As for a so-called Ziggler push, I'll believe it when I see it. Keep in mind this is the same guy who main evented TLC 2012 against Cena, and won, and afterwards went back to doing nothing. I mean look at it. He beats Cena at the TLC PPV. Then aside from the Rumble, his next two PPV matches are against Kofi Kingston and in a tag match against Team Hell No, in a losing effort and even took the pin. Funny enough, the following night he cashes in on ADR. There was no consequence to his win over Cena. A supposed, albeit fluky win, should've done way more than it did at the time. They did not take advantage of it - at all. They need way more credible heels. There's Lesnar, Rollins (and even that's stretching it), and Rusev, who's in the midcard right now with the US belt. Where is he going to be elevated to? Anyway, I'll probably watch it soon.

Foffy

Banned
What a f**king amazing year to be a WWE fan!

Daniel Bryan at WM.

And now 7 months later Sting's debut.

I'm so happy.

Those are great highlights, but man does the product look weak. Maybe I'm growing used to the type of wrestling ethic of New Japan, but I have a hard time naming anything of note outside of your examples, yet I can think of many for NJPW's G1 Climax, let alone before and since then.

Also, they should seriously consider scrapping the Divas division. This shit is just sad.

Hmm hope this is not the New Japan worldwide thing because that would be a bummer.

Nah, it isn't - NJPW World sounds a lot like a WWE Network-type product, from the comments made by New Japan chairman Kidani. They'll reveal all on December 1st.

As for the TV show on AXS, looks like it's going to be re-dubbed versions of the NJPW Weekly Pro Wrestling show from Japan, which is an hour long with clipped down versions of some of the best matches. The first episode will have Okada vs Tanahashi from WK7, while later episodes will cover the 2013 G1.

bjork

idiot crowd cheering for vince is the worst thing ever

Vince is better at being what WWE needs on-air than anyone they've ever had ever. I wish his supercard stats were 9,999 for every stat.

So under what circumstances is Cena actually going to bring HHH/Stephanie back? Either there's going to be a bigger heel figure down the line or Cena turns heel. So I guess it's the former.

Who could they possibly get? Other than trotting out some shithead like Johnny Ace that's already been in the role, it's not like they're going to discover Majin Buu and need help to beat him. Ideally it would be GM Punk, returning for the honor of his wronged woman, but let's be real here.

#mark #mark #mark #mark

Sting deserves his moment in the sun. I hope he has a couple of solid matches before an incredibly elaborate induction. He's Undertaker tier and should be honored as such.

If by that you mean "a dude who was fun 15-20 years ago, hasn't worked a full schedule in a decade and shouldn't be a focal piece of anyone's show in 2014 or forward", I agree.

All this is going to do is make people go "man. What if Sting just retired after WCW and TNA and WWE runs never happened?"

Fun fact: that will be the last big dude-from-another-company debut for a long, long time. All the indy dudes come up from nxt and such these days.

There's no one left after Sting.

I know he's like 60 but it wouldn't matter because of his style: Waylon Mercy 2015.

Stop trying to make 'make it reign' happen. It's not going to happen.

He really is the Gretchen Weiners of the Shield. His uncle didn't invent to Toaster Strudel, but he did cut promos about strudel.

Fox318

Smartest thing they did tonight was get cena out of there.

Crowd and the cena babies then were both rooting for ziggler.

So cena wins and the marks cheered for it.

Hasney

With regards to if Sting can still go, TNA says no but who knows. Maybe some extended time off, actually caring and working with the HHH that showed up at last Wrestlemania could produce something great.

Vee_One

What is this Stack Down shit
Why can't companies just use Lego and be done with it
Everyone loves Lego

Does anyone (in the crowd) actually give a shit about Roman Reigns

Fox318

What is this Stack Down shit
Why can't companies just use Lego and be done with it
Everyone loves Lego

Does anyone (in the crowd) actually give a shit about Roman Reigns
Wwe either can't afford Lego or their brand is so devalued that Lego isn't interested

I am a huge Ziggler mark and think hr deserves a push. But its been pretty blatant for a while that the crowds are willing to cheer for anyone that isn't Cena. There's probably 4 or 5 guys they could groom for top baby face and the crowd will love it.
Attitude era showed you can have a shitload of guys at the top who are over. It don't have to be a one man show.

bjork

Would you sign a deal with wwe for toys?

Cena is their only consistent seller and he has only 1 to 2 years left as a kids attraction.

I would, but I think I wouldn't go for action figures. I'm not exactly sure which product I'd come up with, but the license itself does have value.

Recall

As I only watch PPVs I've not got this Roman Reigns fatigue everyone else has. I'm actually looking forward to his PPV return even if it is to steam roll everyone.

bjork

Why is Tommy Dreamer such a sour cunt? That tweet is all sorts of jealous. Just because Sting doesn't have to drink spit from a cup or get hit by a flaming barbed wire car tire to get over? Fuck off. I'm not even a Sting guy and that still seems like a shitty way to be.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Why is Tommy Dreamer such a sour cunt? That tweet is all sorts of jealous. Just because Sting doesn't have to drink spit from a cup or get hit by a flaming barbed wire car tire to get over? Fuck off. I'm not even a Sting guy and that still seems like a shitty way to be.

Because he's Tommy Dreamer, and he thinks he earned his 'legacy' when he would be nowhere if it wasn't for the fact that Heyman liked him for some reason. So he always feels the need to try to look like he's somebody when he never was and still isn't.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I am absolutely loving these hour long Raws in 96, by the way. Even Nitro has me going like 'does this match really need this much time?'

Aiii

So not worth it
I would, but I think I wouldn't go for action figures. I'm not exactly sure which product I'd come up with, but the license itself does have value.

A Mortal Kombat or Street Fighter style arcade fighter, obviously.

I still don't understand how this doesn't exist.

tumblr_nfj2edIPjw1rbpvuao1_1280.jpg

Sting would be so disappointed to see you take the L's name in V, Melissa.

Aiii

So not worth it
Wrestlemania The Game
WWE All Stars

they don't sell well. Wrestling isn't as popular as we like to think it is.

Those are both 3d roaming, in the ring bs.

I want a 2D arcade fighter, colorful backgrounds (where I can slam people into), special moves, the whole deal.

kiguel182

Sad state of affairs when the best thing this PPV had for it was a 60 year old man that can barely wrestle. I mean, the ending was cool and all but not enough to sustain 6 hours of weekly programming.

Ziggler being the focus on that match was a nice little surprise. The match itself wasn't that great (Show turning heel again, yawn) but the ending was cool.

Reigns interview was as bad as expected, Aj vs Nikki was a nice throwback to Bryan and Mizdown is still great.

I guess that's that.

alstein

Announcing Rusev's weight in kilograms is a nice touch
Have they always done that?

They've often done that over the years- Nikita Koloff had it, A lot of Euro wrestlers, including Regal had their weight in stones. It's been traditionally more of a WCW thing than a WWF thing.

With Rusev they've been doing it for the past few weeks.

BTW Sting did have a few good matches in TNA, he might be completely shot now, but he also might not be- he's in better shape than Flair/Hogan/Taker.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Disco, who is your favorite Miami Connection character? I was sure it was Jeff, but the more I rewatch it the more I think it might be the old band leader because his acting is just so wonderful.

strobogo

Banned
Hope my battery doesn't die when I take videos from the balcony of Sting and Larry the Cable Guy eating chili cheese dogs that I can turn into gifs when I get home.

Aiii

So not worth it
Kudos to Sting for keeping his composure btw, the last time he was in front of a crowd in that size was 1999.

Xater

Nah, it isn't - NJPW World sounds a lot like a WWE Network-type product, from the comments made by New Japan chairman Kidani. They'll reveal all on December 1st.

As for the TV show on AXS, looks like it's going to be re-dubbed versions of the NJPW Weekly Pro Wrestling show from Japan, which is an hour long with clipped down versions of some of the best matches. The first episode will have Okada vs Tanahashi from WK7, while later episodes will cover the 2013 G1.

When was that announcement supposed to happen. I am really curious about what their plan is.

Top Bottom