• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| Ask Not The Jobber How John Cena Wins

Recall

Sting vs HHH at Wrestlemania so maybe Sting vs The Rock at Summerslam?

I can't see any other matches that would have that star power beyond Cena and I don't really want to see that.

Or maybe a Sting/Ambrose Tag Team? No? Ok then :(

To the people doing fantasy booking that includes Sting...

I assume you have not seen his later matches in TNA? It's a big wonder if he can even still go. Anything's possible, but still.

As far as his debut, in my opinipn it went well. He did not have the crow theme but I love the new theme. Gave me a sense of "Who the fuck is this?! ... Oh shit!" Hell, I almost thought that he was going heel!

He was over as fuck, too.

strobogo

Banned
HBK might be my least favorite New Generation wrestler. I'd rather even see J-E-Double F J-A-Double R-E-Double T.

Rockers-1993 HBK and 2002-2014 HBK are better than HBK in his "prime" in the New Gen. Especially as a face. Homeboy makes John Cena look not annoying.

UKWrassleGAF, the Wrestlemania XXX Blu-Ray/DVD is up on Amazon's Black Friday Deals at 5:10pm, might be worth a look to see if the price is good.

Or you could get Friend Sina's Greatest Rivalries.

His new theme isn't as good as the Crow one, but I still like it. I marked out.

I just wish they would do something with his hair. It looks awful. Dye it black or give him the Kane treatment.

strobogo

Banned
Thangs I would hope to see at Raw

Stang
A New Day
Dean Ambrose drop an elbow drop from somewhere silly
Pooty Poot on the tron
Slater Gator
Klumsy Kane
Vince
Maybe Sami doing a dark match

Things I will probably see at Raw

A New Day promo
Pooty Poot on the tron
A long Bellas promo
Larry the Cable Guy shilling Sonic and Prilosec with Adam Rose and the Bunny

JavyOO7

Have not watched Survivor Series yet since I've been doing a report with my class mates due on Tuesday. Can't wait to watch it on Wednesday though even if the PPV was bad/good.

Forkball

Why didn't Armstrong finish the count?

Is there some kind of rule that refs can't continue a pin count if there's theme music playing?

Remember when McMahon was going to fire Heyman? He said "YOU'REEEE" and then Lesnar's music hit and McMahon got F5'd. Heyman kept his job. Uh, how? Is it not official until he says "FIRED." Like is there no paperwork?

Also over/under: Sting appears one more time this year.

Zach

Fucking LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL at Rusev just hanging out in his flip flops in the back for team meetings.

I literally said "are you kidding me with those flip-flops right now?"

Also, my friend who has been catching parts of my chronological viewings watched the whole PPV with me last night. From her casual fan perspective:

• Mizdow is hilarious.
  • Most of the divas -- especially Summer Rae or whatever -- are obnoxious and terrible.
  • Sting's return -- even as an old man -- was fun and worthwhile.
  • Ziggler is awesome and deserves to be on top.

I agree with all of her assessments.

Oh, just remembered one that I'm pretty indifferent to, but would ruffle some feathers around here: she likes Rollins' hair. :D

Aiii

So not worth it
So, what's the running theory? Did Cena walk out to go and get Sting, or is he just a terrible person and left Ziggler to get beaten to crap and just didn't give a fuck? Only to try and steal his thunder after he came out victorious to "celebrate" with him?

strobogo

Banned
Yo there were two fucking ROUGH lariatooooooooooos on the show. I support that. Bray and Harper are TMF of lariatos in WWE. Kane looks tired and worn out. And now he has one of those weird lumps on his back like Ric Flair has.

So, what's the running theory? Did Cena walk out to go and get Sting, or is he just a terrible person and left Ziggler to get beaten to crap and just didn't give a fuck? Only to try and steal his thunder after he came out victorious to "celebrate" with him?

You're not allowed to stay at ringside after being eliminated. That's been a rule since the very start of Survivor Series.

Zach

Uhh... he was eliminated and by rule (>_>), had to leave ringside, yeah?

Zach

Yo there were two fucking ROUGH lariatooooooooooos on the show. I support that. Bray and Harper are TMF of lariatos in WWE. Kane looks tired and worn out. And now he has one of those weird lumps on his back like Ric Flair has.

You're not allowed to stay at ringside after being eliminated. That's been a rule since the very start of Survivor Series.

My friend last night: "Ewww, Kane has a tumor like Ric Flair!" And Kane is terrible.

Aiii

So not worth it

Oh, right, forgot about that rule.

But can you not at least run out for the save when the people not in the match are pulling out ref's and stuff? But then again, Cena isn't the character to break rules, so that makes sense.

I'm still going with the "he ran off to go get Sting theory."

strobogo

Banned
Oh, right, forgot about that rule.

But can you not at least run out for the save when the people not in the match are pulling out ref's and stuff? But then again, Cena isn't the character to break rules, so that makes sense.

I'm still going with the "he ran off to go get Sting theory."

No. You can't. Especially when those people are the bosses anyway.

Coach

HBK might be my least favorite New Generation wrestler. I'd rather even see J-E-Double F J-A-Double R-E-Double T.

tumblr_m54detYW4k1r270ozo1_r1_250.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Poor Stinger. We can't all age like Big Daddy Cool and Triple H

He's awful in every way. As a heel, as a face, he makes me fast forward every time he's on the screen, and I don't think he'd be anything special if it wasn't for the fact that Vince liked him so much. He's so bad that he makes me like Bret a whole lot more.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So, I'll start with saying I love Sting, and I loved all the Sting stuff.

But seriously, how were they expecting any reaction to the Big Show turning heel for the 10 fucking millionth time. He's like Kane, but just as bad.

Big Show turning heel is like summer turning to autumn. It just happens and you deal with it. I was happy with the Sting appearance, and legit looking forward to Sting vs HHH at Mania. I think both of them can really put on a great match. I have a lot of faith in Triple H considering he's doing the best work of his career.

Bray vs Ambrose was some hard shit, I liked it a lot. It's fun seeing younger talent bust their asses. Of all people, the man I heckled most (Ambrose) is turning into one of my favorite guys to watch. I was concerned about Kane's bump. I hope he gets it checked out.

Harper has been fantastic on his own. Rowan had some goofy-ass Spyro the Dragon music though.

Aiii

So not worth it
Big Show turning heel is like summer turning to autumn. It just happens and you deal with it. I was happy with the Sting appearance, and legit looking forward to Sting vs HHH at Mania. I think both of them can really put on a great match. I have a lot of faith in Triple H considering he's doing the best work of his career.

Just gimmick the fuck out of it and have them all-out brawl for 15 minutes.

Big Black Bat versus Sledgehammer, so down for that.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I am excited as fuck for Stone Cold's live podcast with Vince tonight on the Network. I know it'll be watered down, but this is Vince, goddammit! Vince!

jmdajr

Main Event was really good brothers. Not sure who put that all together but Bravo.

batista_clap.gif

edit: Big Show is the Alicia Fox of wrestling.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I feel the worst for Mark Henry with this Big Show bullshit. Mark turns heel to join the authority. Gets jobbed out by Big Show then Big Show TURNS HEEL. So either Mark has to turn face 2 weeks later or he's basically off tv until they figure out what they want to do with him. I'm going with the latter.

I just wish Kane and Big Show would fuck off. I think I might be more sick of them than Cena at this point.

Rusev should wear the US title upside down

Aiii

So not worth it
I am excited as fuck for Stone Cold's live podcast with Vince tonight on the Network. I know it'll be watered down, but this is Vince, goddammit! Vince!

So am I, but it's next week so you stay subbed after the free month, you see.

Still, this was supposed to happen ever since the Network launched, hope it's a more regular thing after this.

Recall

Poor Stinger. We can't all age like Big Daddy Cool and Triple H

He's awful in every way. As a heel, as a face, he makes me fast forward every time he's on the screen, and I don't think he'd be anything special if it wasn't for the fact that Vince liked him so much. He's so bad that he makes me like Bret a whole lot more.

HBK is an incredible worker, possibly the best to ever grace the company but yeah man if only he was good like Kane or Kevin Nash or that random diva.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I almost bought the Paige one last night when buying my wife a Vaudevillian's shirt. Instead I bought the Steph for Business one. The back doesn't actually ruin that one!

...a Vaudevillain shirt :/

it was sloppy as fuck but I actually liked the divas 4v4 match, it was a great match to half pay attention to.

it was appropriate sting came back last night as the main event was wcw levels of overbooked. when ziggler took harper's sick as fuck powerbomb and kicked out I kind of rolled my eyes and knew where it was going.

I'm glad to see dolph get some sort of elevation but he needs an edge to his character again; I wish faces could be more than dweebs.

looking forward to seeing where ambrose/wyatt goes. and what becomes of rollins without the authority.

luke harper's titantron is terrifying.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
¡HarlequinPanic!;140182696 said:
it was sloppy as fuck but I actually liked the divas 4v4 match, it was a great match to half pay attention to.

it was appropriate sting came back last night as the main event was wcw levels of overbooked. when ziggler took harper's sick as fuck powerbomb and kicked out I kind of rolled my eyes and knew where it was going.

I'm glad to see dolph get some sort of elevation but he needs an edge to his character again; I wish faces could be more than dweebs.

looking forward to seeing where ambrose/wyatt goes. and what becomes of rollins without the authority.

luke harper's titantron is terrifying.

I like it, I love that he has a crazy face and makes those scary URRRRRRR noises. I think he found a great character. Shame Rowan is so similar on a base level, they really need to change.

Sephzilla

Kane legit looked tired and immobile last night. If they aren't going to let him continue being Demon Kane (his actual character) then he should just retire. At this point he exists simply to ruin good matches and retire unhappy talents.

Big Show's heel turn felt really fucking pointless considering all of the Mark Henry shit that happened as well as the fact that the whole reason he turned heel - to support the Authority - is kind of dead now.

Ryback and Rowan deserved a little more time in the match.

Ziggler pretty much ascending to SSJ2 was amazing.

God damnit Cena, stay in the locker room and stop being a leach.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I did like how Sting had no problem getting up after the death drop. I was scared he would creak his way up.

strobogo

Banned

Bray vs Ambrose was some hard shit, I liked it a lot. It's fun seeing younger talent bust their asses. Of all people, the man I heckled most (Ambrose) is turning into one of my favorite guys to watch. I was concerned about Kane's bump. I hope he gets it checked out.

Harper has been fantastic on his own. Rowan had some goofy-ass Spyro the Dragon music though.

They definitely knocked the shit out of each other. Fans being so dead for it was weird. Main event was the best SS match in many, many years. Maybe since the 80s. Long, well paced, everyone had individual roles and stories (except Mark). It's what made SS matches fun and cool in the 80s. Ziggler, a guy I shit on a LOT, was pretty dope in it. Harper is the king of lariatos, big boots, and powerbombs, so that's rad. STANG. JBL could not have called that worse, though. A guy you'd never expect to show up shows up and all he can do is rattle off all of the titles Sting has won as if he had planned for such a thing.

Also, FUCK Tommy Dreamer. The only match with Sting I really want to see is against HHH. Not against Taker. Not even against Bray. HHH vs Sting would be the best match Sting can possibly have in WWE.

Probably the best PPV since WM. Main event was dope. Divas match was significantly better than I think anyone would ever expect (except for the worst commentary I think I've ever heard on a WWE broadcast during it), Mizdow finally gets a title, Bray/Dean was fun, Steph going FULL McMahon at the end of the show.

A lot of fun stuff coming out of this show: Harper vs Rowan, Bray/Dean continuing with the stakes clearly going to be elevated before TLC, STANG, Miz being jelly of Sandow, the Bella stuff coming to an end (or at least them reuniting maybe), Rusev/Ryback, Rollins/Ziggler even though they've had 100 matches already. Then negatives like another Show/Cena feud. Lord Haitch and Queen Steph probably being off TV for a while. But still...

I'm getting hyped to go to Raw. What the fuck is wrong with me, friends? Maybe I need to read the Bible to get myself in check.

Top Bottom