• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| Ask Not The Jobber How John Cena Wins

as for hbk, I spent all weekend laid up at home (coming off of a major crunch week at work) and watched a lot of old ppvs on the network. I'll have more to say about it as I'm hoping to make a short feature for y'all about it, but for now I'll say:

HBK is fuckin' insufferable during the boyhood dream phase, not entirely his fault as vince is probably shellacking him as much as he possibly can to avoid him joining the rest of the kliq in WCW but crissake. The constant pissing match between him and bret gets old fast, too. At least bret and stone cold got in the ring quickly after he came back.

SurSers '96 vince is all THERE ISN'T A SINGLE MAN WHO HAS WORKED HARDER FOR THIS TITLE, NOT A SINGLE MAN WHO BRINGS MORE HEART TO THE TITLE.

next month at in your house its "THE MAN DOESN'T WANT TO BE A ROLE MODEL BUT WE RESPECT HIS HONESTY"

ay yi yi. I also like how a series of ppv posters used the same hbk face of disgust.

JR is similarly insufferable during this time.

Sephzilla

I'm not super hyped at the idea of HHH vs Sting. I'd still much rather take Sting vs Taker from a pure spectacle standpoint. I'd rather see HHH vs Cena since it would make an entertaining form of who can out bury the other.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
THE MOST FLAMBOYANT CHARISMATIC MAN IN ALL OF WRESTLING HAHA HES HAVING A GOOD TIME HAHAHA!

Shawn Michaels with Vince McMahon on commentary is the absolute worst part of New Generation. Nothing else comes close. Nothing. It is like a nightmare that no one can be saved from. There was never any kind of commentator face BJing before that, and it sadly became the norm since that. Monsoon never reached anywhere close to the 'heights' of putting over Hogan that Vince did with Shawn. All these interview segments with Shawn that go on for way too long, all these video packages, all this booking of HBK to make him look like some kind of incredible badass when Shawn Michaels was probably the least 'badass' character in the roster at that point. Horowitz could have kicked his ass.

I'm not super hyped at the idea of HHH vs Sting. I'd still much rather take Sting vs Taker from a pure spectacle standpoint. I'd rather see HHH vs Cena since it would make an entertaining form of who can out bury the other.

Trips has been known to put someone over from time to time, this would be the one time it would be great if he did berry Sina

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'd love to see all of the good things Steph did in jiff format. She was in top form last night. When Show went to shake H's hand, she was going bananas. So good.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I definitely didn't think about it until I saw the altercation, but after I did, Triple H really is the absolute perfect guy for them to have Sting wrestle with. From style to gimmick to promo style. The young lion who knocked Flair off the mountain top facing the guy who wants to be the new Flair. A figure of authority vs Sting, which was basically his entire Crow gimmick was rebelling against that. Should be able to have a real solid match with each other.

I just don't know if it'll be as entertaining as old man Hogan/old man Sting. Because boy was that fun to watch.

Aiii

So not worth it
I guess it's a "Franchise of WCW" vs. "Franchise of WWF" kind of thing between Sting and H's.

All we need now is Shane Douglas for that triple threat.

hGnYUgE.gif

I can't understand how Vince listens to that commentary and thinks it's acceptable. They either sound like they're reading from a script or being fed lines, zero excitement. Cole always tries to sound excited, but it also sounds so forced. King tries to cover up his apathy by voicing the sentiment he should be conveying, "Wow, this is awesome" or some such, while JBL's either going on about how much he loves it, Maggle! or waiting for his chance to run-off list of career stats and accomplishments, which last night couldn't have felt more out of place when he should have just been reacting to Sting's appearance. The commentary overall sounds the furthest thing from natural, it's a real chore to listen to and I kinda wish the Network had a no commentary option for during the matches.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I can't understand how Vince listens to that commentary and thinks it's acceptable. They either sound like they're reading from a script or being fed lines, zero excitement. Cole always tries to sound excited, but it also sounds so forced. King tries to cover up his apathy by voicing the sentiment he should be conveying, "Wow, this is awesome" or some such, while JBL's either going on about how much he loves it, Maggle! or waiting for his chance to run-off list of career stats and accomplishments, which last night couldn't have felt more out of place when he should have just been reacting to Sting's appearance. The commentary overall sounds the furthest thing from natural, it's a real chore to listen to and I kinda wish the Network had a no commentary option for during the matches.

Because it's Vince McMahon and it sounds like the commentary he provided when he did it(fake as fuck), so it sounds good to him.

Sephzilla

1) He thinks its acceptable because it's mostly Vince's lines they are reading

2) Vince himself was kind of shitty as a play by play guy

strobogo

Banned
Pretty sure getting hyped for Raw is the forgotten 8th Deadly Sin.

It's weird as shit. I wasn't hyped until I heard Sting showed up so I bought a last minute ticket. Then watched SS and was like...fuck, there was actually some effort put into it and stories coming out of every match. Stories that I'd like to see. It's the weirdest shit. The last time I went to Raw it was MISERABLE and it would have been 1000% forgettable if Paul Bearer hadn't just died.

Sephzilla

Last time I went to Raw I got to see Hogan, got to see Taker put Brock through a table, and got to hear chants that would get muted out by WWE's production teams

Aiii

So not worth it
Cole is fine, he's the play by play guy and can stick to just calling the action, but the color's should be marking the fuck out about Sting being there.

But it's Bradshaw, who is just there to make bad jokes that make Cole laugh and King, who is probably just happy he didn't accidentally drive in the opposite direction of the arena that morning.

strobogo

Banned
Vince was better than JBL/King/Cole because, since he had a vested interest in what was going on, he had to be excited and put shit over as much as possible. Although he was certainly better in the 80s/early 90s than he was during the New Gen. Pre-Golden Era play by play Vince is weird, though. SO dry.

Sephzilla

Vince was better than JBL/King/Cole because, since he had a vested interest in what was going on, he had to be excited and put shit over as much as possible. Although he was certainly better in the 80s/early 90s than he was during the New Gen. Pre-Golden Era play by play Vince is weird, though. SO dry.

I'd take New Generation announcer Vince over the current group.

I think Cole on play by play with CM Punk on color would be amazing.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Guess what I saw last night? "Play Now/Play from Beginning/Play in Spanish" on the Network! You know what to do, Senor Lariato.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
She likes the Vaudevillains. She likes their T-shirt. I tried to get her one for her birthday, but at the time they only had them in stock in XL, so during the pre-show 30% off I checked to see if they'd gone back in stock.

Did you also get an Ascension shirt? Support the fall of man? Those t-shirts will rise.

Fox318

Vince is in their ears feeding lines.

Vince is the one man on the planet who likes the commentary.

Did you also get an Ascension shirt? Support the fall of man? Those t-shirts will rise.

I hate the Ascension. Like, irrationally so. Way more than they deserve to be hated. I've shit on them since I first saw them wrestle (which was against 2 Cool). I think my irrational hatred of 2 Cool partially transferred to them.

jmdajr

I wish D. Bry would show up on the titontron tonight wishing HHH farewell and inviting him over for organic grocery shopping since he will have tons of free time.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I hate the Ascension. Like, irrationally so. Way more than they deserve to be hated. I've shit on them since I first saw them wrestle (which was against 2 Cool). I think my irrational hatred of 2 Cool partially transferred to them.

God damn you.

ibjzvXX6QplCnJ.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

It's not irrational at all. Sunny is the only person in the world who likes the Ascension.

Sephzilla

Eh, I don't mind The Ascension. I'm okay with them being the "brute powerhouse" team that won't put on very technical matches but just want to beat the shit out of people. They really need a mouthpiece manager though - keep the actual duo off of the microphones.

Vaudevillains are still awesome.

Top Bottom