• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| Ask Not The Jobber How John Cena Wins

Aiii

So not worth it
I think they deserve some hate, but I hate them way too much given that they're just a lame wrestling team.

They take up valuable time that could be going to Tye Dillinger and Jason Jordan, that's why they deserve all the hate.

SargeVSJordanJordan.jpg

v0yce

I can't understand how Vince listens to that commentary and thinks it's acceptable. They either sound like they're reading from a script or being fed lines, zero excitement. Cole always tries to sound excited, but it also sounds so forced. King tries to cover up his apathy by voicing the sentiment he should be conveying, "Wow, this is awesome" or some such, while JBL's either going on about how much he loves it, Maggle! or waiting for his chance to run-off list of career stats and accomplishments, which last night couldn't have felt more out of place when he should have just been reacting to Sting's appearance. The commentary overall sounds the furthest thing from natural, it's a real chore to listen to and I kinda wish the Network had a no commentary option for during the matches.

Bada boom bada bread, realest guy in the thread.

Cagey

Banned
I would pay a dollar to see Enzo and Cass have a match with the New Age Outlaws just to get 10 minutes of pre-match mic work.

The scorpion death drop looked great last night. Triple H took it like a man.

H sold that kick to the gut like Sting was on some Obi Won Kenobi old man actually a beast shit.

bjork

You guys are nuts. 1997 Shawn was the best.

Imagine if they brought sting out with his old facepaint.

Maybe that's why his hair wasn't dyed black. They'll be looking for crow Sting and then BAM Stinger Splash out of nowhere from Surfer Sting.

THE MOST FLAMBOYANT CHARISMATIC MAN IN ALL OF WRESTLING HAHA HES HAVING A GOOD TIME HAHAHA!

Shawn Michaels with Vince McMahon on commentary is the absolute worst part of New Generation. Nothing else comes close. Nothing. It is like a nightmare that no one can be saved from. There was never any kind of commentator face BJing before that, and it sadly became the norm since that. Monsoon never reached anywhere close to the 'heights' of putting over Hogan that Vince did with Shawn. All these interview segments with Shawn that go on for way too long, all these video packages, all this booking of HBK to make him look like some kind of incredible badass when Shawn Michaels was probably the least 'badass' character in the roster at that point. Horowitz could have kicked his ass.

This I will give you. But it just made me want Bret to win that much more. So you can imagine my irritation when they went to OT that no one agreed to and he lost because they basically cheated for Shawn. Years later, this would be repeated in my 2008 ban bet over the hot dog contest. I had flashbacks like nothing before.

Renee has the sexiest little lisp I've ever heard.

My favorite lisp is Grimes. Even though she hates it.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
So after letting last night digest I got to thinking....

This is going to sound insane but I think that maybe, just maybe, Ziggler really is finally getting a push.

1239868_o.gif

No really, if you look at how he's been booked since Battleground, you'll find they've actually been really smart about it, almost smart enough that if I didn't know better, I'd say they were planning it the entire time.

Okay, maybe not quite THAT far, but let's dissect this. Ziggler get's screwed by The Miz in a battle royal for the IC. He beats him the next night on RAW. Then he wins the title at Summer Slam. He then wins a rematch on RAW the next night. Ziggler then loses the title at Night of Champions, however, Miz cheated. This is further proven by Ziggler winning the cursed RAW rematch. He then proceeds to go on a nearly two month long winning streak, including winning a 2 out of 3 falls match against Cesaro with a shut out, until the go home RAW, where he get's screwed out of the title. Then come last nights Survivor Series, where he, once again, is the sole survivor, (on team CENA mind you) eliminates 3 other guys by himself, And get's both the Sting and Cena rub.(Yes, I know Cena's rub is cursed, but Cena never lifted Ziggler's hand, so I'm willing to believe this might turn out well.)

This is WWE, I doubt that this was actually planned, and that in truth all the small things that made this possible just kinda came together. But that is kinda a feat in it of itself, considering the midcard barely gets any time as is.

Unfortunately, I also doubt that they will book Ziggler right after this. If I were the WWE, last night would be the beginning of Ziggler's climb up the mountain to win the Royal Rumble, because Roman Reigns isn't ready, Daniel Bryan probably won't be healthy enough to make it, Randy bombed ratings last year, they screwed up Cesaro, and we all know that there is no chance in hell that Triple H will let Cena match Flair's record.
Ziggler's going to be forgotten in the midcard again, isn't he?

v0yce

Yeah, the kick and the drop all looked great to me. I was surprised. Hope it wasn't a "one more good one left in me" type of thing.

Well everything looked good except you saw how thin his hair is on top. :/

Aiii

So not worth it

This is going to sound insane but I think that maybe, just maybe, Ziggler really is finally getting a push.
No really, if you look at how he's been booked since Battleground, you'll find they've actually been really smart about it, almost smart enough that if I didn't know better, I'd say they were planning it the entire time.

Okay, listen, he is getting a push.

And it will be gone after TLC. It will go away like every other midcard start-stop push they have done since 2004. He's just getting build up now for a feud with someone they feel needs the actual push (Seth Rollins) and afterwards he's back down to where they feel he belongs, lower midcard enhancement talent.

Just, don't get your hopes up.

Cagey

Banned
Sting debut with fixed music;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idlTIYINLOU

Fuck, shut up JBL.

The biggest issue with moments like this is the announcers have canned go-to reactions for every surprise, big or small, that happen. Cole with the half-hearted "oh my god" and a "our location has come unglued", Lawler with the "what?!" and "I can't believe it!".

Knowing that a genuine reaction (i.e. surprise the crew) is impossible, you would just love to hear a genuine-sounding reaction once.

strobogo

Banned

Sting had a lot of snap to it that he hadn't had in years. Must have been a mind fuck to be back in front of such a huge crowd after a decade of TNA. From what I can tell, the last time he was in front of a crowd over 7K was.....Spring Stampede 2000.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
Okay, listen, he is getting a push.

And it will be gone after TLC. It will go away like every other midcard start-stop push they have done since 2004. He's just getting build up now for a feud with someone they feel needs the actual push (Seth Rollins) and afterwards he's back down to where they feel he belongs, lower midcard enhancement talent.

Just, don't get your hopes up.

imShWB0rsLVeJ.gif

bjork

If I were the WWE, last night would be the beginning of Ziggler's climb up the mountain to win the Royal Rumble, because Roman Reigns isn't ready, Daniel Bryan probably won't be healthy enough to make it, Randy bombed ratings last year, they screwed up Cesaro, and we all know that there is no chance in hell that Triple H will let Cena match Flair's record.

Spoiler all likely depends on whether he decides to be a dipshit and take to twitter for his pissing and moaning. Seems every time he does that, he's knocked down for several months.

Ascension have been putting in work for many years
because they aren't good enough to get called up
, for these upstarts to show up and give them trouble, well, they gotta be cut down to size.

My son was really hoping they'd show up to rescue Bray from underneath all those tables and chairs. Would have been a good time for that.

Fox318

The biggest issue with moments like this is the announcers have canned go-to reactions for every surprise, big or small, that happen. Cole with the half-hearted "oh my god" and a "our location has come unglued", Lawler with the "what?!" and "I can't believe it!".

Knowing that a genuine reaction (i.e. surprise the crew) is impossible, you would just love to hear a genuine-sounding reaction once.

Didn't JR like to be left out of the results and swerves so he could sound more excited?

If we are going with the full lineage of the Big Gold Belt isn't Sting technically a 6 time WWE World Heavyweight Champion?

Nah, the WWE World Title doesn't inherit Big Gold reigns.

WWE Title = WWE World Heavyweight Championship

WCW Title = World Heavyweight Championship = Retired

Browny

Banned
I hope Stro holds up an "I Am Stro" sign.

Non-Wrasslegaf-related : just got the all clear from the docs; 18 months cancer free. Woot. Channeling the Sina.

Cagey

Banned
Didn't JR like to be left out of the results and swerves so he could sound more excited?

Yeah, but I know full well that's never going to happen again, even though it'd be for the better in terms of excitement.

Sometimes you just want announcers who are left dumbfounded and semi-speechless and can only utter words in disbelief, like Collinsworth last night when ODB revealed to the world he's actually a god. The authenticity of the surprise matching the surprise of the moment is just better. That would come with not knowing the result.

Here, since it won't happen, just vary your fucking lines you idiots. Cole is a madlib.

bjork

Sting needs not show up until whenever Brock/Cena tie up, and he needs to take out Cena to keep him from winning, with the justification being that Cena doesn't deserve to have as many titles as Flair because he's some newschool pussy rapper or whatever. Then he challenges him to a retirement match at WM. Then he wins and retires too.

Non-Wrasslegaf-related : just got the all clear from the docs; 18 months cancer free. Woot. Channeling the Sina.

Good news is the best news.

Sephzilla

Nah, the WWE World Title doesn't inherit Big Gold reigns.

WWE Title = WWE World Heavyweight Championship

WCW Title = World Heavyweight Championship = Retired

But but but..

The WWE WHC is supposed to be both

Cancelled because Survivor Series ran long.

No joke. That's the reason.

you've got to be fucking kidding me.

you have your own goddamn network you can do anything with and you cancel your pre show because it ran long on a network you can do anything with.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I hope Stro holds up an "I Am Stro" sign.

Aw heck yeah. You and jmdajr are no-cancer pals!

Fox318

1239868_o.gif

Okay, maybe not quite THAT far, but let's dissect this. Ziggler get's screwed by The Miz in a battle royal for the IC. He beats him the next night on RAW. Then he wins the title at Summer Slam. He then wins a rematch on RAW the next night. Ziggler then loses the title at Night of Champions, however, Miz cheated. This is further proven by Ziggler winning the cursed RAW rematch. He then proceeds to go on a nearly two month long winning streak, including winning a 2 out of 3 falls match against Cesaro with a shut out, until the go home RAW, where he get's screwed out of the title. Then come last nights Survivor Series, where he, once again, is the sole survivor, (on team CENA mind you) eliminates 3 other guys by himself, And get's both the Sting and Cena rub.(Yes, I know Cena's rub is cursed, but Cena never lifted Ziggler's hand, so I'm willing to believe this might turn out well.)

This is WWE, I doubt that this was actually planned, and that in truth all the small things that made this possible just kinda came together. But that is kinda a feat in it of itself, considering the midcard barely gets any time as is.

Unfortunately, I also doubt that they will book Ziggler right after this. If I were the WWE, last night would be the beginning of Ziggler's climb up the mountain to win the Royal Rumble, because Roman Reigns isn't ready, Daniel Bryan probably won't be healthy enough to make it, Randy bombed ratings last year, they screwed up Cesaro, and we all know that there is no chance in hell that Triple H will let Cena match Flair's record.
SORKKcI.jpg

Top Bottom