• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| Ask Not The Jobber How John Cena Wins

Sephzilla

^ that is what led to him being counted out? What a pussy etc

Well him being DQ'd is the only way he could have really been protected in that match.

SORKKcI.jpg

#dead

Too bad Ziggler will probably be jobbing to Kane in under 2 months.

So did Ziggler live up to his "stealing the show" mantra?

Ithil

I just don't get them. Like who are they? Why are they called the Ascension? Why are they being so racist at the moment?

The Ascension will rise.
The Brood will nest.
Andre the Giant will be big.
Titans will clash.
The Corporation will be a business.
Vampiro will suck.

Nose Master

I think you guys are getting your hopes up a bit too much with Ziggler. I'll be shocked if they even acknowledge the feat on Raw, what with Big Show's 30439509th heel turn and Sting going on.

Browny

Banned
Well him being DQ'd is the only way he could have really been protected in that match.
Yup - that or DQ, and he's too much of a bad-ass hoss to need conventional weaponry.

And thanks for the nice words, folks - feels good. Actually a worthwhile use of half a days holiday.

Recall

I think you guys are getting your hopes up a bit too much with Ziggler. I'll be shocked if they even acknowledge the feat on Raw, what with Big Show's 30439509th heel turn and Sting going on.

It happens every time. It's just blind hope that maybe once something new and fun will be a common thing.

bjork

If it were me I probably would've had him beat someone bad enough to get DQed or get a reversed decision so he got eliminated by himself. In a company where they've glorified so many table spots, some dude bellyflopping a table seems pretty tame, even if his head did kinda hit the upright part.

Eh, I don't mind The Ascension. I'm okay with them being the "brute powerhouse" team that won't put on very technical matches but just want to beat the shit out of people. They really need a mouthpiece manager though - keep the actual duo off of the microphones.

Vaudevillains are still awesome.

The Ascension look unconvincing as the powerhouse team. Their offense just doesn't have the visual "oomph" you need to play the powerhouse team.

thcipbueno.jpg

strobogo

Banned
I hope I have enough battery life left by the time the post show dark match comes so I can record what will most likely be Seth/Kane (or Show)/Bray vs Dean/Ziggler/Cena.

Bankers Life's website has had Seth/Bray vs Dean/Cena on it for a while. Plus appearances by The Klumsy Damon Kane and Larry the Cable Guy.

bjork

I fell asleep earlier and some bitch beat me in semifinals. So I get a Kane card. What do I want with that shitface? At least it's original Kane, seems like the higher the tier, the older the photos are. I wonder if his Legendary is Unibomb?

Xater

Genuine question. Why does WWE keep girls like Rosa around? She is useless. Now they have apparently put her in a position where she doesn't have to wrestle. I mean now it kinda makes sense because of total DIvas, but surely you can use girls that can actually perform for that as well.

bjork

Genuine question. Why does WWE keep girls like Rosa around? She is useless. Now they have apparently put her in a position where she doesn't have to wrestle. I mean now it kinda makes sense because of total DIvas, but surely you can use girls that can actually perform for that as well.

Answer: wait for April.

2506%20-%20hat%20michael_hayes%20wwe.png

Rosa wasn't involved, but that women's tag match was a shitshow.

Can probably use the APA as the measuring stick here. Or The Faces Of Fear.

And The Ascension is what, 0.3 APA, 0.1 Faces of Fear?

Fox318

Total Divas

maybe they should bring back the nitro girls

strobogo

Banned
Fucking LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLL at Swagger's favorite cartoon character being Elmer Fudd. "From one speech impediment to another." "It's a real disease, guys. Shut up."

DMczaf

Sorta sad we are getting Rock vs Rusev at WM instead of Rock vs HHH.

Especially after that backstage promo on Smackdown, where they showed just how good their chemistry is together.

The divers tag was the best divers match on main WWE in like 2 years. It was pretty good.

I'm legit curious: how was it good? Layla and Cameron looked like they had no idea what to do. Other than the cool spot with Paige at the end, Naomi looked lost in the ring. I'm not saying give us 10 minutes of Emma vs. Paige, but that match was 14 minutes of nothing.

Also, after Triple H's showing at last year's WrestleMania, it almost feels like pairing him with Sting is a waste of the wrestling matches he has left in him.

strobogo

Banned
Rock vs Rusev vs HHH vs Sting at WM

McMahon in every corner.

I'm legit curious: how was it good? Layla and Cameron looked like they had no idea what to do. Other than the cool spot with Paige at the end, Naomi looked lost in the ring. I'm not saying give us 10 minutes of Emma vs. Paige, but that match was 14 minutes of nothing.

I enjoyed it. So that's how it was good.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I liked the Divas match as well. Not sure what purpose it accomplished, however. It was entertaining.

Sephzilla

Cross post with the SS OT

Meltzer said on Wrestling Observer Radio that the current plan is:
  • Sting/HHH at Mania
  • Rock/Rusev at Mania considered because HHH is now busy
  • Still Lesnar/Reigns
... and that HHH/Ryback at the Rumble is probably not going to happen.

None of these matches sound good. I'd instead go with

HHH vs The Rock
Sting vs Taker (if Taker can still go)
Rusev vs Ryback

And for the person who would face Lesnar, I think I'd go with

Ziggler, given how he managed to survive 3 people plus HHH at Survivor Series.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Cross post with the SS OT

None of these matches sound good. I'd instead go with

HHH vs The Rock
Sting vs Taker (if Taker can still go)
Rusev vs Ryback
Lesnar vs anyone besides Cena/Reigns

I don't want any of those. I'm completely happy with Sting/Trips, and Rock/Rusev could either be the rub of a lifetime, or someone truly wonderful to break his streak. I'm ok with those happening.

Sephzilla

I don't want any of those. I'm completely happy with Sting/Trips, and Rock/Rusev could either be the rub of a lifetime, or someone truly wonderful to break his streak. I'm ok with those happening.

I'd take Rock/Rusev over Cena/Rusev for sure. If Rock ends Rusev's streak I think Rusev will be a lot better off than if Cena did. But ideally I just want the old-timers to beat each other up and let the young talent do their thing.

I just really want a Rusev vs Ryback match.

Cagey

Banned
I watched the main event live, and fast forwarded through to catch the tag match. In my FFx5 viewing, I swore I saw Roman Reigns Via Satellite again. Didn't have time to watch before heading to work this morning, but I recalled seeing that.

Did they really trot Reigns in front of a camera and black backdrop again, in a hoodie again, to smile and talk about surgery recovery when he's supposed to be the Big Dog Juggernaut Muscle of the Shield cold blooded killer.

Why they do this.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I watched the main event live, and fast forwarded through to catch the tag match. In my FFx5 viewing, I swore I saw Roman Reigns Via Satellite again. Didn't have time to watch before heading to work this morning, but I recalled seeing that.

Did they really trot Reigns in front of a camera and black backdrop again, in a hoodie again, to smile and talk about surgery recovery when he's supposed to be the Big Dog Juggernaut Muscle of the Shield cold blooded killer.

Why they do this.

Maybe if you'd just balee you'd have a little more faith in Roman. I have faith, I'm a baleever.

Why they do this.

But he dismissed JBL! He said he can make it rain with his cock!

Maybe if you'd just balee you'd have a little more faith in Roman. I have faith, I'm a baleever.

Wouldn't you rather be a Bayley-ver?

Unfortunately, I also doubt that they will book Ziggler right after this. If I were the WWE, last night would be the beginning of Ziggler's climb up the mountain to win the Royal Rumble, because Roman Reigns isn't ready, Daniel Bryan probably won't be healthy enough to make it, Randy bombed ratings last year, they screwed up Cesaro, and we all know that there is no chance in hell that Triple H will let Cena match Flair's record.
Ziggler's going to be forgotten in the midcard again, isn't he?

In the old days this kind of booking led to a title run. Everything including his recent dropping of the IC belt to Harper.

I'd be happy even with him being fed to Lesnar for a month, as long as he is booked strong in a loss. They'd put a great match on.

DMczaf

I'm starting to wonder....does WWE do "Via Satellite" with Roman because it makes him look like a bigger deal like his cousin Da Roc?

There really is no reason for him not to make it to these Raws and PPVs for a promo, he's not busy at all. He doesn't do shit.

I'm starting to wonder....does WWE do "Via Satellite" with Roman because it makes him look like a bigger deal like his cousin Da Roc?

There really is no reason for him not to make it to these Raws and PPVs for a promo, he's not busy at all. He doesn't do shit.

It's because they can do multiple takes and pick the best one.

You're seeing the best one, DMczaf.

Cagey

Banned

The fourth-wall breaking medical update stuff is goofy as all hell for any wrestling character that doesn't have the lovable goofball persona, or that side to them. Basically, Cena or Bryan (or lessers like Santino) could get away with stepping out of character like this and it'd actually appear in-character for them to update the fans with a smile and cheery optimism. Makes sense for them. For almost everyone else, including a dude like Sheamus? Nah.

Otherwise, this shit is dumb yo. Film some intense looking return vids for everyone else.

Fantasy booking time?

Brock kind of messing things up. I'd take Rollins as champ with Ziggler chasing.

Real life is Reigns coming back and ruining everything

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
In the old days this kind of booking led to a title run. Everything including his recent dropping of the IC belt to Harper.

I'd be happy even with him being fed to Lesnar for a month, as long as he is booked strong in a loss. They'd put a great match on.

Which makes it all the more strange that all the pieces just kinda fell together. For some reason it all stacks up so well to the point of feeling like it was the legitimate plan. But the WWE NEVER books people well like that, especially Ziggler. So as much as I really, REALLY want to believe, I just can't bring myself to.

Lots of people reported Reigns was actually backstage. Like Wesker said, they are doing multiple takes (which is scary that this is the best he can do)

imBask

Banned
'This time he's getting a push for real'

like every other PPV

I saw someone talking about Cena passing the Torch to Ziggler last night. People need to relax, I might be a little pessimistic but they can easily destroy everything they did last night on Raw tonight

Top Bottom