• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| Ask Not The Jobber How John Cena Wins

Ziggler isn't getting pushed. Reigns is back next month, Cena is still on the roster, and Orton is back any week now, there is nowhere for Ziggler to go. Look at the rumored top three matches for Mania, and those don't even include
Cena and Orton
. Last night was a nice moment for Ziggler, but that's likely all it was

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Fantasy booking time?

Brock kind of messing things up. I'd take Rollins as champ with Ziggler chasing.

Real life is Reigns coming back and ruining everything

Preach. Seth-kun is being booked like a heel who should walk into Mania as champion. Instead his first title reign will likely be a very short 1 month type of deal.

Verendus

Banned
Wrestlemania 31 should be:

Reigns/Lesnar
Triple H/Sting
Rock/Batista
Bryan/Undertaker
Orton/Bray Wyatt
Cena/Rollins
Ambrose/Rusev/Jericho

Throw six or seven others in a MITB match or something. Four hours with four big matches to close each hour.

OT titles for January through March should all be centred around our new saviour Roman Reigns.

Ithil

Ziggler will most likely go nowhere, as usual. This isn't even the first Survivor Series match he's been the sole survivor of and gotten a big rub from (in 2012 he was the last man and beat Orton clean as a whistle to do it), that's how many pushes they've dropped or dropped the ball on for Ziggler.

Ithil

Reigns/Lesnar
Triple H/Sting
Rock/Batista
Bryan/Undertaker
Orton/Bray Wyatt
Cena/Rollins
Ambrose/Rusev/Jericho

Throw six or seven others in a MITB match or something. Four hours with four big matches to close each hour.

OT titles for January through March should all be centred around our new saviour Roman Reigns.
I don't even know how you got these matches, they're all completely random, save for the top two.

Chamber

love on your sleeve

Reigns/Lesnar
Triple H/Sting
Rock/Batista
Bryan/Undertaker
Orton/Bray Wyatt
Cena/Rollins
Ambrose/Rusev/Jericho

irBgMG5SQ9Fqc.gif

Verendus

Banned
I don't even know how you got these matches, they're all completely random, save for the top two.
I got them because they're what I want to see. How else?

So far, I'm looking like I got Triple H/Sting. I have a good feeling about the other six now.

Reigns/Lesnar
Triple H/Sting
Rock/Batista
Bryan/Undertaker
Orton/Bray Wyatt
Cena/Rollins
Ambrose/Rusev/Jericho

Even GAF is burying Ziggler.

Ziggler might not *continue* to get pushed, but he's been getting pushed lately. I don't know how you can look at his part in this storyline and say 'nah... he won't get pushed'. When we say 'pushed' do some people just add the words 'all the way to the top' after it or something?

Even *before* the match Ziggler had benefitted the most of anyone on Team Cena in the build up. Even the way they took the belt off him made him look good (if a little stupid... but I can deal with Dolph being a little stupid because... well he's always been at least a little stupid).

That was a huge push last night. He might get buried or depushed before he gets another major showcase like that... but he was the lead babyface in the main event of one of the big four. Before he even came into the match he was being chanted.

If Dolph hasn't been getting pushed lately, I don't think I know what a push is.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion

Reigns/Lesnar
Triple H/Sting
Rock/Batista
Bryan/Undertaker
Orton/Bray Wyatt
Cena/Rollins
Ambrose/Rusev/Jericho

I think I might be starting to hate Reigns more than Cena now...

Terrabyte20xx

Ziggler might not *continue* to get pushed, but he's been getting pushed lately. I don't know how you can look at his part in this storyline and say 'nah... he won't get pushed'. When we say 'pushed' do some people just add the words 'all the way to the top' after it or something?

Even *before* the match Ziggler had benefitted the most of anyone on Team Cena in the build up. Even the way they took the belt off him made him look good (if a little stupid... but I can deal with Dolph being a little stupid because... well he's always been at least a little stupid).

That was a huge push last night. He might get buried or depushed before he gets another major showcase like that... but he was the lead babyface in the main event of one of the big four. Before he even came into the match he was being chanted.

If Dolph hasn't been getting pushed lately, I don't think I know what a push is.
This is true.

Ziggler was always praised as being great at selling but caught flack for his offense, last night he put on a great display, some nice counters. For a commercial free Raw, the last 25 minutes of that PPV were really intense and the crowd was super hot for it.

Verendus

Banned
At least Reigns / Lesnar would be Lesnar fighting someone new.
Cena is going to have a different coloured shirt in January, so it's like a new gimmick for him. That could count. You could say Lesnar beat three different versions of Cena, and Roman Reigns is the evolved form of the human species that comes after Cena. The first of his kind.

imBask

Banned
why are you guys saying Lesnar vs Reigns at WM? Cena is Lesnar's next opponent, and Sheamus also has a "title match" for winning his match against big show I think?

Cena vs Sheamus at WM confirmed

why are you guys saying Lesnar vs Reigns at WM? Cena is Lesnar's next opponent, and Sheamus also has a "title match" for winning his match against big show I think?

They did a no contest on Sheamus vs Big Show so no one got a title shot.

I'd happily watch Sheamus vs Lesnar though. Sheamus has been putting in good ring work lately.

before going in for his
gynecomastia
surgery Reigns was booked like he already had the belt. I think the assumed way it plays out is Reigns being the "superman" who can finally defeat the beast incarnate.

imBask

Banned
before going in for his
gynecomastia
surgery Reigns was booked like he already had the belt. I think the assumed way it plays out is Reigns being the "superman" who can finally defeat the beast incarnate.

I know i'm just trying to pretend it's not gonna happen and that the Rumble si going to be surprising.

Son Of D

Doesn't Orton still have a title shot since he never got his rematch after losing the belt at Mania? Or was his Money in the Bank entry supposed to be that shot?

Edit: Wait, never mind. Forgot that the stipulation at HiaC for Cena/Orton was that it was a #1 Contender's Match. So Orton probably lost his shot there.

Terrabyte20xx

The Rumble is in Philly again, so you just imagine the reaction that Reigns would get, he'd be booed almost as badly as Batista.

If they don't screw Ziggler up by the Rumble, I could even see there being a repeat of last years rumble, except replace D-bry with Ziggler.

You guys all know Ziggler getting "pushed" is because he can sell a beating enough for the crowd to get sympathetic right? You're looking at his apex right now, it's all downhill from here

Verendus

Banned
I still think they should tease D.Bry at the Rumble and have Batista come out as #40, under the yes chants

nuclear heat
Yes, and have Batista win for the third time, and go on to face Brock Lesnar at Wrestlemania 31.

I can get behind this idea for sure.

Sephzilla

You know, this is why I fucking hate modern WWE.

Ziggler being the sole survivor after being down 3-1 should be the ultimate shot of adrenaline that propels him to an upper card spot in WM31. But I can't fully buy into it anymore because the thought in the back of my head is that WWE is going to fuck it up just like they have the last few times Ziggler gets any momentum.

Verendus

Banned
Batista / Lesnar at WrestleMania 31 might surpass Goldberg / Lesnar as the "these wrestlers are phoning it in" match of the forever.
Why would they phone it in when it's the main event of Wrestlemania? They'd probably put on the best match they've ever had. Probably the best ever at the event itself.

This is the problem these days, and it's why some are even against Reigns. No one believes anymore. Thankfully Roman is setting things straight slowly.

I'm confused why people didn't like Sting's debut, I thought it was pretty good and nicely paced (all things considered). HHH did the sell well, and it was nice to see him play it the complete polar opposite of how he reacted to Cactus Jack.

Fox318

I'm confused why people didn't like Sting's debut, I thought it was pretty good and nicely paced (all things considered). HHH did the sell well, and it was nice to see him play it the complete polar opposite of how he reacted to Cactus Jack.
  • music sucked
  • Commentary sucked
  • No bat
  • Not coming down from the rafters

Hasney

It just ended up as an old man in facepaint walking to the ring without his iconic theme or even a baseball bat.

Probably would have been much more fun if we didn't know it was coming.

Honestly could have been Orton and I would have had the same reaction in the context of the main event.

Bowser

• music sucked
  • Commentary sucked
  • No bat
  • Not coming down from the rafters

I liked the music, but I admit that I was never a big WCW fan so I honestly don't even know what his theme sounds like (blasphemy, I know).

Commentary, well, what can you do about that?

He should have had the bat, I agree.

He's too fat to come down from the rafters, plus budget cuts.

FWIW, I thought his debut was good and a pretty great moment.

Hasney

Commentary should have just been silent. Maybe one OH MY GOD, but that should be reserved to Joey Styles and Vince never wants them to shut up.

Fox318

I liked the music, but I admit that I was never a big WCW fan so I honestly don't even know what his theme sounds like (blasphemy, I know).

Commentary, well, what can you do about that?

He should have had the bat, I agree.

He's too fat to come down from the rafters, plus budget cuts.

FWIW, I thought his debut was good and a pretty great moment.
Vince is cutting himself a fat check for 30 mil a year.

The could have afforded it.

Top Bottom