• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| Ask Not The Jobber How John Cena Wins

Omega

Banned
I did like how Sting had no problem getting up after the death drop. I was scared he would creak his way up.

i thought the same lol

figured he would do the deathdrop and just sit there for a couple of seconds. maybe he actually kinda gives a shit so he won't look as bad as he did in TNA?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Brock needs to come back on a raw and basically destroy ever potential 'challenger' for his title to leave no doubt in his mind about why he's the champion. Then he can justify not showing up on PPVs or weekly by saying 'No one you have can beat me, so I'm not wasting my time.'

Bowser

Vince is cutting himself a fat check for 30 mil a year.

The could have afforded it.

I was being facetious with the budget cuts comment. I honestly think it's a safety issue for the rafters thing - I imagine Sting probably nixed it himself.

If you're talking about the theme, yeah you're right, but like I said, I don't even know what his theme sounds like so wrong person to ask haha.

Fox318

I was being facetious with the budget cuts comment. I honestly think it's a safety issue for the rafters thing - I imagine Sting probably nixed it himself.

If you're talking about the theme, yeah you're right, but like I said, I don't even know what his theme sounds like so wrong person to ask haha.
Here is his theme from the game
Updated Sting Theme WWE 2K15: http://youtu.be/0_ZOQFC3Y78

Hasney

Brock needs to come back on a raw and basically destroy ever potential 'challenger' for his title to leave no doubt in his mind about why he's the champion. Then he can justify not showing up on PPVs or weekly by saying 'No one you have can beat me, so I'm not wasting my time.'

Then do it to whoever is in charge as of tonight since I figure it'll be a face authority. Make him make Brock defend it in the Chamber and he still comes out on top.

parasight

Man, only the WWE could mess up something as easy as Sting's debut. I'll accept no bat, but not using his iconic theme music? Talk about a missed free throw.

Saw this on the Observer board, The Big Ol' List of Big Shoe Heel/Face Turns;

-Giant debuts in WCW as a heel.
-By mid-'96 he's suddenly a tweener, or a face. Who the hell knows. One week he was feuding with the Horsemen, the next week he was facing Sting.
-He was a face against a heel Hogan in their World title match.
-Giant turns heel and joins the nWo weeks after losing the World title to Hogan. August of '96.
-Four months later Giant is kicked out of the nWo. Face turn.
-Giant joins nWo Hollywood, thus turning heel in '98.
-January '99. The week after the Fingerpoke of Doom. Giant is kicked out of the nWo again.

-February '99, PAUL WIGHT jumps ship and debuts as a heel BY BREAKING THROUGH THE RING FROM UNDERNEATH when he interferes in Austin/McMahon cage match.
-A little after a month later he turns face by knocking out McMahon.
-4 months later he turns heel by tagging up with Undertaker.
-2 months & a couple weeks later Big Show turns face when Albert and Big Boss Man do the FATHER IS DEAD storyline.
-3 months later Big Show turns heel when Rock refuses Big Show's help against the New Age Outlaws, which pisses off Show and causes him to attack Rock.
-3 months later (Right after WrestleMania 2000) he turns face when he starts these impersonations of wrestlers.
-Big Show turns heel, by choke slamming Shane after Shane was recruiting guys to join WCW. This lead to the Shane/Big Show Last Man Standing Match at Backlash 2001.
-Three months later Big Show turns face when he aligns himself with Billy Gunn to form the Show Gunns tag team.
-Big show turns on Austin to join the nWo. April 2002.
-Big Show returns from injury as a face. 2004.
-Big Show is drafted to the new ECW and turns heel.
-Big Show returns at No Way Out '08 as a face, but it was only short lived before he attacked Rey Mysterio and turned heel.
-Two months later he turns back face during a Great Khali/Big Show feud. (Kinda by default really)
-Five months later he turns heel by saving Vickie from Undertaker.
-Big Show beats Jericho (captain of Team Smackdown) to earn a spot on Team Raw. Face tease. October 2009.
-Weeks later Team Smackdown beat Team Raw at Bragging Rights due to Big Show turning on Team Raw.
-April 2010 Big Show punches out Miz and turns face.
-The Big Show was drafted to the Smackdown brand (he turned face and made pals with SmackDown general manager Theodore Long)
- May 21, 2012 Big Show returns as a heel due to receiving John Laurinaitis' ironclad contract after Laurinaitis had previously fired him, and knocks out John Cena
- March 9, 2013 (face turn) Big Show helped Randy Orton and Sheamus against the Shield.
-At WrestleMania 29, Big Show, Sheamus, and Randy Orton lost to the Shield when Orton was pinned after stealing a hot tag from Big Show. After the match, a frustrated Big Show knocked out Orton and Sheamus for repeatedly refusing to tag him in the match.
-August 12, 2013 (face turn) Big Show returns from some time off to help Mark Henry and Rob Van Dam fend off a Shield attack
-October 6, 2013 after crying a lot from doing the McMahons' bidding to faces, he KOs Daniel Bryan in the main event of the Battleground PPV, a few minutes later he also KOs Randy Orton as the show goes off the air
-October 7, 2013 Big Show returns the next night and takes out the Shield and KOs Triple H.
-November 23, 2014 he is a part of the face Team Cena team taking on Team Authority. Turns on John Cena mid-match by KOing him and joins up with Triple H.

i thought the same lol

figured he would do the deathdrop and just sit there for a couple of seconds. maybe he actually kinda gives a shit so he won't look as bad as he did in TNA?

I remember someone making excuses for some of the really awful death drops you see in GIF form from the TNA days. I think everyone knows the couple of gifs I'm referring too.

Maybe there really was a reason beyond 'broken ass old guy'. It looked good, and he popped right back up.

Hasney

Man, only the WWE could mess up something as easy as Sting's debut. I'll accept no bat, but not using his iconic theme music? Talk about a missed free throw.

I know. If 2k can get it, it shouldn't be too hard. Play that initial opening bit with his video, then it hits:

Wolfpack is back causing mass destruction
Guess who's here? The bad boys of wrestling

Crowd would go bananas.

Anyway, watched the main event in full after the good reviews here and I enjoyed it. It's getting me to watch my first Raw in a month, so job successful!

I remember someone making excuses for some of the really awful death drops you see in GIF form from the TNA days. I think everyone knows the couple of gifs I'm referring too.

Maybe there really was a reason beyond 'broken ass old guy'. It looked good, and he popped right back up.

The steel chair gif was for storyline reasons rather than Sting being a dumbshit. The others, he may have just needed some time off to rest and get fit again.

Kaladin

-By mid-'96 he's suddenly a tweener, or a face. Who the hell knows. One week he was feuding with the Horsemen, the next week he was facing Sting.
-Giant turns heel and joins the nWo weeks after losing the World title to Hogan. August of '96.
-January '99. The week after the Fingerpoke of Doom. Giant is kicked out of the nWo again.

-February '99, PAUL WIGHT jumps ship and debuts as a heel BY BREAKING THROUGH THE RING FROM UNDERNEATH when he interferes in Austin/McMahon cage match.
-2 months & a couple weeks later Big Show turns face when Albert and Big Boss Man do the FATHER IS DEAD storyline.
-3 months later Big Show turns heel when Rock refuses Big Show's help against the New Age Outlaws, which pisses off Show and causes him to attack Rock.
-3 months later (Right after WrestleMania 2000) he turns face when he starts these impersonations of wrestlers.
-Big Show turns heel, by choke slamming Shane after Shane was recruiting guys to join WCW. This lead to the Shane/Big Show Last Man Standing Match at Backlash 2001.
-Three months later Big Show turns face when he aligns himself with Billy Gunn to form the Show Gunns tag team.
-Big Show returns at No Way Out '08 as a face, but it was only short lived before he attacked Rey Mysterio and turned heel.
-Two months later he turns back face during a Great Khali/Big Show feud. (Kinda by default really)
-Big Show beats Jericho (captain of Team Smackdown) to earn a spot on Team Raw. Face tease. October 2009.
-Weeks later Team Smackdown beat Team Raw at Bragging Rights due to Big Show turning on Team Raw.
-The Big Show was drafted to the Smackdown brand (he turned face and made pals with SmackDown general manager Theodore Long)
- May 21, 2012 Big Show returns as a heel due to receiving John Laurinaitis' ironclad contract after Laurinaitis had previously fired him, and knocks out John Cena
- March 9, 2013 (face turn) Big Show helped Randy Orton and Sheamus against the Shield.
-At WrestleMania 29, Big Show, Sheamus, and Randy Orton lost to the Shield when Orton was pinned after stealing a hot tag from Big Show. After the match, a frustrated Big Show knocked out Orton and Sheamus for repeatedly refusing to tag him in the match.
-August 12, 2013 (face turn) Big Show returns from some time off to help Mark Henry and Rob Van Dam fend off a Shield attack
-October 6, 2013 after crying a lot from doing the McMahons' bidding to faces, he KOs Daniel Bryan in the main event of the Battleground PPV, a few minutes later he also KOs Randy Orton as the show goes off the air
-October 7, 2013 Big Show returns the next night and takes out the Shield and KOs Triple H.
-November 23, 2014 he is a part of the face Team Cena team taking on Team Authority. Turns on John Cena mid-match by KOing him and joins up with Triple H.

It would be an interesting case study to find out which wrestler you can trust less (has the most heel turns). I bet it comes down to Big Show and HBK.

The thing that always bugs me about Big Show is that I'm sure he was warned about his 'move set' being too dynamic for a Giant (dropkicks and stuff), but then you see him bump and take moves that a Giant shouldn't react to.

rxsml4G.jpg

I'm cautiously excited about RAW tonight for storyline reasons, (who is the new GM? will sting be there? will we find out why Rowan and Harper hate each other?)

but I'm going to miss turning on RAW to see Steph and Trips troll the crowd for a good twenty minutes each episode. that's been one of the most reliably entertaining parts of the product... and now that's potentially over for a while. how do they fill that time?

Brad Maddox recounting that time he was in a cave?

Cena doing poopy jokes?

Browny

Banned
It would be an interesting case study to find out which wrestler you can trust less (has the most heel turns). I bet it comes down to Big Show and HBK.
Show has it locked down. HBK probably switched half a dozen times - HHH has done more than that. Kane has got to be up there though.

Zach

Jeeesus.

I'm cautiously excited about RAW tonight for storyline reasons, (who is the new GM? will sting be there? will we find out why Owen and Harper hate each other?)

but I'm going to miss turning on RAW to see Steph and Trips troll the crowd for a good twenty minutes each episode. that's been one of the most reliably entertaining parts of the product... and now that's potentially over for a while. how do they fill that time?

Brad Maddox recounting that time he was in a cave?

Cena doing poopy jokes?

Tonight's centered on Larry the Cable Guy.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Big Show has been involved in wrestling almost as long as I have been watching wrestling. In that entire period of time from WCW to WWF to WWE, he has never, ever done anything memorable to me. I have never been a fan, not even once. It's not even like an outright hatred so much as he is just a non-entity. A hack who only has a career because of his size rather than his ability to use his size to come off as a proper monster to help increase the drama of a match.

Bowser

Big Show has been involved in wrestling almost as long as I have been watching wrestling. In that entire period of time from WCW to WWF to WWE, he has never, ever done anything memorable to me. I have never been a fan, not even once. It's not even like an outright hatred so much as he is just a non-entity. A hack who only has a career because of his size rather than his ability to use his size to come off as a proper monster to help increase the drama of a match.

It's a shame Show has been featured more than Mark Henry.

His most memorable moment to EVERYONE is when Big Boss Man dug up his dad and he cried about it

Mark Henry did more in his initial Hall of Pain tenure to come off like a legit big man wrestler than Big Show ever did

Chamber

love on your sleeve
i thought the same lol

The correlation between employee morale and job performance is well documented. Sting would not be the first to look much better in the ring upon leaving TNA.

Hasney

How dare you. He smoked!
zin28n.jpg

EDIT: Fuck it, a picture of giant smoking isn't worth rehosting.

Yes, Mark Henry really is the slightly better one of 2 guys I wish were never on my TV again.

I liked Show's heel run in WWECW when Heyman was booking things. I'm not sure it's a 'good' thing, but I do remember him and Heyman being pelted with trash when he won the belt in Philly. And I remember him being booked like a giant for a change (tossing little guys all over the place) during that time.

I had totally forgotten that he replaced Khali in the Punjabi prison match during that time though. Eurgh. That fucking thing.

I remember him holding on for dear life as his "father's" casket was dragged around by a hearse. Oh, and BigNewYearBaby.gif, I guess.

miserable

he did a dropkick once

They would almost be lost in the fallout from Survivor Series. Maybe they should debut next week.

Then again, there is a good chance a lot of eyes will be on this Raw. Ok, they should debut tonight.

Wouldn't mind if they were the new Raw and Smackdown overlords. Would be ironic with the "new day" gimmick the day after the old regime is out.

Sephzilla

Paul Wight peaked with the fucking Dungeon of Doom, think about that one for a second.

i keep trying to think of something that was better during his WWE run, but I cant.

he really did hit his peak when he was not-snapping Hogan's neck and acting like the vengeful child of Andre.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Kronik > Big Show
A-Train > Big Show
Nathan Jones at least had cool vignettes, so he is also > Big Show

If I made a top 10 hosses, Big Show would be number 100. Even Gonzalez was entertaining on Thunder in Paradise.

Top Bottom