• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| Ask Not The Jobber How John Cena Wins

Kaladin

Nah, you'd all be shocked if someone from New Japan, TNA or Ring of Honor showed up in WWE, as their current persona and start an invasion angle.

DMczaf

tumblr_nfk2tvIUFH1qhrn36o4_1280.jpg

Xater

Sting on Up At Noon was fun. He's a guy that can talk. Even once he stops wrestling he'll be useful for that. He can mange or be a GM stuff like that.

Oh god I just remembered we're due a christmas raw soon

Oh god I just had a flashback of the divas match from last year.

cliffnotes? what are they so upset about?

They're mainly talking about how tough it is to be an indie promoter at present, both have had some issues with their venues in recent months (AIW are about to lose their home and Beyond had a shooting outside their venue that forced them to cancel their last show). A few minutes in Drew (from Beyond) make a crack about CZW shows having no heat, while later Thorne (AIW) makes snide remarks about WWNLive having an old money mark to set them up with the China tour that just reeked of jealousy.

They're mainly talking about how tough it is to be an indie promoter at present, both have had some issues with their venues in recent months (AIW are about to lose their home and Beyond had a shooting outside their venue that forced them to cancel their last show). A few minutes in Drew (from Beyond) make a crack about CZW shows having no heat, while later Thorne (AIW) makes snide remarks about WWNLive having an old money mark to set them up with the China tour that just reeked of jealousy.

Indie promoters are to this day cattier than the Total Divas.

I get that things are hard but that just comes off as sad and bitter. Sucks about AIW, haven't heard of them losing their venue.

Raw could be amazing tonight, coming off a nice finish to a PPV no one went in with any hopes for, a hot crowd and an over babyface that the whole crowd is behind.

but Larry the Cable guy is hosting and any goodwill they built last night will most likely destroyed by the time the Uso's come on at 8:40 as a filler match.

Kaladin

Bully Ray might keep Bully if he comes back.

WWE does this so guys can't negotiate for their contracts.

Really is bullshit.

They also do it so they can't keep the name they made in WWE when they move on to other promotions. Vince knows the power of a name. If WCW couldn't get Hulk Hogan and instead got Terry Rogan it wouldn't be as big as it was for them.

strobogo

Banned
Ziggler selling a rainmaker would probably launch him back in time, with back to the future flames and shit

I don't think anyone has sold it better than AJ:

iYbZMxoLmyQcX.gif

AJ/Okada might be my match of the year. Off the top of my head: AJ/Okada, HHH/Bryan, Bray/Bryan, Tanahashi/Shibata, Nak/Okada, AJ/Suzuki, Nak/Tanahashi, AJ/Tanahashi.

So basically, Bryan's big matches and the main eventers in G1. I'd have to rewatch Shield/Wyatts and Shield/Evolution. I might even put the Survivor Series match in the running.

Verendus

Banned
Rollins was great, very active in breaking up pins or just helping his team gain the advantage. He was the MVP of his team, and acted as such. I like seeing that in these matches rather than everyone just watching on the side.

Hasney

The only fault I had with Seth last night was during one of the times he was pinned and there was no ref, he was just looking straight down the entrance for the second ref and looked like he could have kicked out at any time. Other than that, solid job.

Sephzilla

They also do it so they can't keep the name they made in WWE when they move on to other promotions. Vince knows the power of a name. If WCW couldn't get Hulk Hogan and instead got Terry Rogan it wouldn't be as big as it was for them.

I'd be more understanding of Vince having a policy like this if there was actually a big competitor who could benefit and compete against WWE with WWE talent. But there isn't any legit competition to WWE anywhere in this hemisphere, so I don't understand why Vince doesn't let people keep their names when the enter or leave WWE.

Listening to the PWPonderings podcast with the AIW & Beyond Wrestling bookers;

http://www.pwponderings.com/2014/11...cordeiro-of-beyond-wrestling-special-edition/

I know both promotions are having some trying times, but they sound bitter as fuck by taking shots at CZW and the WWNLive China tour (Thorne moreso than Drew, to be fair).

I've got sympathy for Drew since the thing with Fete had nothing to do with him and his WSU stuff with DJ was a pain, but I've got zero for Thorne. He's classless in my book, and knows jack shit about the WWN China deal.

Sephzilla

Bryan/HHH is still my favorite match of the year too.

Build up was hype. HHH's entrance was hype. Match was hype. Crowd was red fucking hot. Stephanie was red fucking hot.

I think it's also to keep wrestlers themselves from making money off the names they built in WWE.

Which is even dumber because that's money Vince probably wouldn't be getting anyway.

Kaladin

I'd be more understanding of Vince having a policy like this if there was actually a big competitor who could benefit and compete against WWE with WWE talent. But there isn't any legit competition to WWE anywhere in this hemisphere, so I don't understand why Vince doesn't let people keep their names when the enter or leave WWE.

I think it's also to keep wrestlers themselves from making money off the names they built in WWE.

Fox318

GrandColossalBallpython.gif

Can we talk about how awesome Rollins was last night? Dude felt like a big deal for a second there. So was Ziggler. Great main event.

They booked a smart match.
Good
  • Protected Rusev
  • Rollins came out as a good heel
  • Got Goldberg out of there quickly so people would forget about him
  • Elimated Cena and protected him as a babyface
    • This was the smartest move. Ziggler came out looking good and the fired dynamic made the entire crowd want to root for him
    • In the end the two best workers were left and it allowed them to shine
    Bad
  • Cena no sold Kane's moves and his punches were pretty bad
  • For as much as people tak shit about Sting being too old Kane looks like shit out there.
  • Count out dynamic doesn't really make sense when they counted after the table broke.
  • Why did Cena and the others run to the back while their jobs were on the line? They should have had show and the Cruzerweight Cops fighting to drag Rowan, Cena, and Ryback out of the arena.

Sephzilla

They booked a smart match.
Good
  • Protected Rusev
  • Rollins came out as a good heel
  • Got Goldberg out of there quickly so people would forget about him
  • Elimated Cena and protected him as a babyface
    • This was the smartest move. Ziggler came out looking good and the fired dynamic made the entire crowd want to root for him
    • In the end the two best workers were left and it allowed them to shine
    Bad
  • Cena no sold Kane's moves and his punches were pretty bad
  • For as much as people tak shit about Sting being too old Kane looks like shit out there.
  • Count out dynamic doesn't really make sense when they counted after the table broke.
  • Why did Cena and the others run to the back while their jobs were on the line? They should have had show and the Cruzerweight Cops fighting to drag Rowan, Cena, and Ryback out of the arena.

Rule of the match is that if you're out you have to go back to the locker room. If they stayed they could have gotten their remaining teammates DQ'd

Tonight would be a good night for Bork to return. Cena is all smiles and "yay authority is gone! yay Sting!"

then suddenly...

Yeah, this would actually be a great thing to do. Which means Vince wont do it, or if he does Brock will immediately destroy Ziggler

Edit - Goddamn i just need to say that Lesnar has the perfect monster heel theme

strobogo

Banned

It's so WWE can get their own trademark/copyright on whatever name they pick. And I believe they've let the big indie guys pick their own names out for the past few years. Since the Rollins/Ambrose generation at least.

Bowser

Is Bork supposed to show up tonight or was he scheduled to start doing stuff in December?

It's possible WWE makes him show up to keep the momentum going, but he's not advertised for tonight.

Lesnar's Upcoming Advertised Appearances

- December 8: Greenville, S.C. for the TLC lead-in show.

- December 29: Washington, D.C. for the final Raw of 2014.

- January 12: New Orleans, La.

- January 19: Dallas, Tex. for the Royal Rumble lead-in.

- January 26: Hartford, Conn. for the Rumble fall-out & setting the stage for WM31.

Toki767

Rule of the match is that if you're out you have to go back to the locker room. If they stayed they could have gotten their remaining teammates DQ'd

I mean if we're talking about logic, how stupid does Big Show look that he didn't stay out there to help Ziggler be eliminated before walking off?

Also if you're Scott Armstrong and you know the Authority would lose their power if they lost, why wouldn't you have gone in there and just rang the bell for a DQ since HHH attacked Ziggler? You'd be safe since they can no longer fire you.

Fox318

Oh boy. With no Authority tonight, Larry the Cable Guy is going to be the person with the most power to make matches tonight.

At least it would be different.

Honestly almost every wrestling promotion has had a Authority figure since 1997.

It would be a good change of pace if they tried something different. What if they even made the commentators explain some of the story lines and stipulations!!!!

Sephzilla

I mean if we're talking about logic, how stupid does Big Show look that he didn't stay out there to help Ziggler be eliminated before walking off?

Also if you're Scott Armstrong and you know the Authority would lose their power if they lost, why wouldn't you have gone in there and just rang the bell for a DQ since HHH attacked Ziggler? You'd be safe since they can no longer fire you.

Potential WWE logic i'm pulling out of my ass - Crazy DQ finishes might get overturned by Vince since he was in the arena and HHH wouldn't settle for anything less than a decisive 1-2-3.

Nobody mentioned this at all. Commentators and the ring announcer dropped the ball here.

I'm pretty sure they mentioned this rule a couple of times during the Divas SS match and at least once during the main event.

Top Bottom