• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| Ask Not The Jobber How John Cena Wins

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I don't feel Kirk truly was. He was a swinger, it was a sign o' the times and all the women he enjoyed enjoyed him right back.

He took advantage of people who couldn't even speak basic. Not like he had to worry about getting pregnant, but they sure did. Not Kirk's problem!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Any excuse to protect him, eh?

It was mutual. Kirk even fucked Spock a handful of times, nobody said boo.

He took advantage of people who couldn't even speak basic. Not like he had to worry about getting pregnant, but they sure did. Not Kirk's problem!

To have sex you must know the same language? I think not! You almost got me there!

jred2k

It was mutual. Kirk even fucked Spock a handful of times, nobody said boo.

To have sex you must know the same language? I think not! You almost got me there!

How did he get full consent from someone he can't understand? What if she had a safe word and he just plowed right through it?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
coopting gaming side gifs for the UK Network launch
qlDqQww.gif

Patryn

As a passive observer of all this (and an ex-subscriber for now), is it too early for a person to start voicing realistic concerns about the future of the network?

Between the terrible numbers, sudden dropping of the 6-month commitment and now this, I'm beginning to wonder.

Vylash

As a passive observer of all this (and an ex-subscriber for now), is it too early for a person to start voicing realistic concerns about the future of the network?

Between the terrible numbers, sudden dropping of the 6-month commitment and now this, I'm beginning to wonder.

they'll have to drop the network and go running back to ppv, which sucks since the network is actually really great

No, because they've reached the point of no return. They've pissed off the PPV providers, so they won't take them back at anything close to a favorable rate. They can't convince consumers to go back to a traditional PPV model.

Also, let's not overblow this in terms of company outlook. They are losing money this year because of the launch costs, but they have cut costs enough that they will make money most years going forward even if they stay around the 700,000 they are currently at.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Every time WWE does something, ANYTHING from putting out a video game to their version of a streaming service to a New York restaurant to gimmicks and storylines in their live product it immediately shows how old and out of touch they are. It's amazing, really. I've never seen a WWF/E IP or movement from them that says, 'Hey this is new and well-done.'

They might be the most out of touch company in the world. It's like if K-Mart didn't have competition and they were the only ones providing supermarkets with their old, busted floor plans and tech.

Sky got on the phone at the last minute I take it.

More than likely, I wouldn't be surprised if Vince did all of this without even considering the contract he had with Sky that runs until 2019 or something silly.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s2...-five-year-deal-with-sky-through-to-2019.html

Reports of a potential partnership deal were rumoured to be behind the delay bringing the Network to the UK, following confirmation that BSkyB will continue to exclusively broadcast WWE's flagship shows in the UK and Ireland through to 2019.

There had been speculation BSkyB may become involved in a deal similar to the Canadian pay channel set-up between WWE and Rogers Communications, but this no longer appears to be the case.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s2...inally-launches-in-the-uk-at-8pm-tonight.html

RP912

Banned
Like I said they should have put out the network when they were advertising it hard in 2012 or atleast delay it until everything was up and running. They came out of no where with a lukewarm conference talking about it but didn't deliver on a worldwide basis. The overall service is like going to Golden Carol and having one serving per entree of condiments and side dishes...instead of the whole meal. PPVs and some shows are fine, but where's the unlimited supply of classic shows like Superstars, Raws from every era, WCW Saturday night, ECW, WCCW, etc?

The whole concept of the network reeks of propaganda, rather than a wrestling network dedicated to wrestling fans. You throwing on shit like total divas and legends house but where's actual shows? I want a show dedicated to wrestlers lifestyles, a cooking show, exercise programs, and etc. It;s just a mess of programming so far that in a strong need of a reboot or cancellation.

jmdajr

Every time WWE does something, ANYTHING from putting out a video game to their version of a streaming service to a New York restaurant to gimmicks and storylines in their live product it immediately shows how old and out of touch they are. It's amazing, really. I've never seen a WWF/E IP or movement from them that says, 'Hey this is new and well-done.'

They might be the most out of touch company in the world. It's like if K-Mart didn't have competition and they were the only ones providing supermarkets with their old, busted floor plans and tech.

That's a bit reaching when it comes to WWE NETWORK. Vince is cheap on certain things, sure. To say streaming services are not the future is dumb.

It all comes down to the current product hurting them.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
That's a bit reaching when it comes to WWE NETWORK. Vince is cheap on certain things, sure. To say streaming services are not the future is dumb.

It all comes down to the current product hurting them.

I didn't say streaming services aren't the future. I said their streaming service is shitty and outdated on launch. That it was launched like there weren't years of other streaming services to look at and form a foundation out of.

Like I said they should have put out the network when they were advertising it hard in 2012 or atleast delay it until everything was up and running. They came out of no where with a lukewarm conference talking about it but didn't deliver on a worldwide basis. The overall service is like going to Golden Carol and having one serving per entree of condiments and side dishes...instead of the whole meal. PPVs and some shows are fine, but where's the unlimited supply of classic shows like Superstars, Raws from every era, WCW Saturday night, ECW, WCCW, etc?

The whole concept of the network reeks of propaganda, rather than a wrestling network dedicated to wrestling fans. You throwing on shit like total divas and legends house but where's actual shows? I want a show dedicated to wrestlers lifestyles, a cooking show, exercise programs, and etc. It;s just a mess of programming so far that in a strong need of a reboot or cancellation.

The problem is that they are trying to satisfy investors, so they are more concerned with short-term profit margins. They are doing whatever they can to cut costs, and the Network is suffering for it. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy. They cut costs and don't give the Network new original content because they don't have enough subscribers and are losing money. They don't get new subscribers because they lack original content and are cutting costs on the Network.

jmdajr

I didn't say streaming services aren't the future. I said their streaming service is shitty and outdated on launch. That it was launched like there weren't years of other streaming services to look at and form a foundation out of.

Takes time to build NEW content. No resume feature is pretty fucking baffling though.

What a coincidence, I just started watching Star Trek: The Next Generation, I'm currently on season 2. The only thing I don't like about it is that you can't just leave it on in the background, you have to pay attention to every single spoken line of dialog otherwise you'll be lost. If I check my phone for a minute, I have to rewind the show because I have no clue what's going on anymore.

I'm only watching this because I started watching Beverly Hills 90210 but they only have season 1. One drawback is that all the licensed music has been changed to public domain stuff.

I like 90210 better.

jmdajr

What a coincidence, I just started watching Star Trek: The Next Generation, I'm currently on season 2. The only thing I don't like about it is that you can't just leave it on in the background, you have to pay attention to every single spoken line of dialog otherwise you'll be lost. If I check my phone for a minute, I have to rewind the show because I have no clue what's going on anymore.

I'm only watching this because I started watching Beverly Hills 90210 but they only have season 1. One drawback is that all the licensed music has been changed to public domain stuff.

I like 90210 better.

LOL is this a joke. I'm being serious.

Hell I watched that show religiously back in the day. This, Simpsons, and Married with Children were my FOX trifecta.

I like 90210 better.

Those early Next-Gen episodes can be rough. I remember it gets better once Crusher leaves and comes back, Worf's forehead gets an upgrade and Tasha Yar and Ensign Ro are allowed to speak.

LOL is this a joke. I'm being serious.

Hell I watched that show religiously back in the day. This, Simpsons, and Married with children were my FOX trifecta.

I wish Netflix would put Married with Children up. I'd watch it all the time and tweet Sunny about it nonstop. I can imagine he hates that show.

Second interview done.

I'm selling out. Or buying in? Idunno fuck it more money

Good luck, BronsonLee.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
In Alf, Alf ordered a pizza while the neighbor was over babysitting and the babysitter thought Alf was a robber, but it turned out there was a REAL robber.

Top Bottom