• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| Ask Not The Jobber How John Cena Wins

strobogo

Banned
The trickle content bullshit is bullshit. They should be uploading a year's worth of whatever show at once instead of maybe 2 month's worth over the course of a month if you're lucky. It's ridiculous they don't have shit up that they ran on 24/7, like NWA weeklies. They've really half assed with the the content. They run ads of "relive every moment", but don't tell you you can only relive them if they were on PPV, Raw from 1993-1995, and Nitro in 1995-1996. They haven't updated ECW in months. I don't think they've updated WCCW since March. It still has an utterly useless search feature. It still doesn't have a previously viewed or resume feature. It still doesn't have auto play. It still doesn't have all the basic shit that every streaming service in the world has.

The trickle content bullshit is bullshit. They should be uploading a year's worth of whatever show at once instead of maybe 2 month's worth over the course of a month if you're lucky. It's ridiculous they don't have shit up that they ran on 24/7, like NWA weeklies. They've really half assed with the the content. They run ads of "relive every moment", but don't tell you you can only relive them if they were on PPV, Raw from 1993-1995, and Nitro in 1995-1996. They haven't updated ECW in months. I don't think they've updated WCCW since March. It still has an utterly useless search feature. It still doesn't have a previously viewed or resume feature. It still doesn't have auto play. It still doesn't have all the basic shit that every streaming service in the world has.

Yeah, I think we all agree on that. I can't see anyone, not even strobogo himself, being able to sit through several promotions entire history digitised in a single year.

There's at least 30 years of WWE stuff to watch alone across several different shows and events. Then WCW, WCCW, ECW - do they have Memphis and Smokey Wrestling too?

I was watching the show where yar dies ages before any of those other things happen

Yeah but then she returns doesn't she, come on man, Alternative Timeline and Romulan Crossbreeding storylines!

I keep hearing that only a minority of subscribers want to see vintage content on the Network - I can understand that, but with the wealth of footage WWE has at their disposal what I can't understand is why WWE have done nothing to make that vintage content appealing to the majority. How hard would it be to get some superstars to sit down and record them watching classic matches, MST3K-style? Or a series where superstars provide commentary to their own matches? Or even just a simple Fave Five program where one WWE superstar picks their top five matches ever? The original content is severely lacking, which is only made more apparent by their drip-feeding of archive content.

I keep hearing that only a minority of subscribers want to see vintage content on the Network - I can understand that, but with the wealth of footage WWE has at their disposal what I can't understand is why WWE have done nothing to make that vintage content appealing to the majority. How hard would it be to get some superstars to sit down and record them watching classic matches, MST3K-style? Or a series where superstars provide commentary to their own matches? Or even just a simple Fave Five program where one WWE superstar picks their top five matches ever? The original content is severely lacking, which is only made more apparent by their drip-feeding of archive content.

I don't get why they can't cross post the content they have on youtube on the Network too, or is that exclusive Youtube stuff? If so they're dumb.

Tasha Yar had intercourse with Data in, I think, the pilot episode. She walks out in a revealing outfit that exposes her bare midriff and some underboob and asks Data if he knows how to make whoopie. Data responds that he's programmed in all aspects of love-making, and they do it off-screen.

But when they find Data's brother, Lore, he's in pieces and he doesn't have male genitalia. So did Data just use his hands and mouth? Maybe he knows all about the booty eating renaissance?

Yeah but then she returns doesn't she, come on man, Alternative Timeline and Romulan Crossbreeding storylines!

For about five episodes, where she shows her entire range of being a crap actress. If you want to see "Strong Female Character" on trek, watch DS9. Nana Visitor can actually act too

Tasha Yar had intercourse with Data in, I think, the pilot episode. She walks out in a revealing outfit that exposes her bare midriff and some underboob and asks Data if he knows how to make whoopie. Data responds that he's programmed in all aspects of love-making, and they do it off-screen.

But when they find Data's brother, Lore, he's in pieces and he doesn't have male genitalia. So did Data just use his hands and mouth? Maybe he knows all about the booty eating renaissance?

Second ep - a reheated tos one. Data was a later model to lore with differences. Or maybe soong just threw Lore's dong away as punishment for being a psychopath

When you are thinking of why they don't do something for the Network, ask yourself this "Would it cost them more that $1?" If so, then that's why. They are illogically cheap and shortsighted. Thar's why they aren't doing well.

For about five episodes, where she shows her entire range of being a crap actress. If you want to see "Strong Female Character" on trek, watch DS9. Nana Visitor can actually act too

NERD WARS wadh adhashasu['asduhadshuadsuadsuhads husad. Hater!

We spoilered this stuff for you bean old chap, we didn't want to ruin the experience.

strobogo

Banned
Yeah, I think we all agree on that. I can't see anyone, not even strobogo himself, being able to sit through several promotions entire history digitised in a single year.

There's at least 30 years of WWE stuff to watch alone across several different shows and events. Then WCW, WCCW, ECW - do they have Memphis and Smokey Wrestling too?

They have SMW, Stampede, AWA, Mid Atlantic, Georgia, Florida, Mid South, UPW, GWF, and Central States. Zero of which is on the Network. This in addition to all of their various developmental stuff over the past 15 years (OVW, HWA, Deep South, FCW). And all WWE, WCW, and ECW shows, even taped house shows. Yet they spend more time doing shitty list shows with talking head segments recorded over the past 6 years and a documentary series made up of chopped up DVDs and interviews from 2002.

UK Raw/Smackdown is basically a week off as nothing ever happens. I'm still bitter about the 3 Umanga matches in one night we had to endure that one time.

They have SMW, Stampede, AWA, Mid Atlantic, Georgia, Florida, Mid South, UPW, GWF, and Central States. Zero of which is on the Network. This in addition to all of their various developmental stuff over the past 15 years (OVW, HWA, Deep South, FCW). And all WWE, WCW, and ECW shows, even taped house shows. Yet they spend more time doing shitty list shows with talking head segments recorded over the past 6 years and a documentary series made up of chopped up DVDs and interviews from 2002.

Wow even if they put up half that content there's years worth of sub money in the bank from wrestling fans. Maybe not WWE fans, but certainly from wrestling fans. I don't get the short sightedness towards this. We've mentioned in the past how amazing it would be to select a wrestler and for a chronological list of all their matches to appear across various promotions. Or a list of all their notable feuds so you can watch your favourite wrestler or whatever. Check out Batista's rise in OVW for example.

Sephzilla

Those early Next-Gen episodes can be rough. I remember it gets better once Crusher leaves and comes back, Worf's forehead gets an upgrade and Tasha Yar and Ensign Ro are allowed to speak.

uh

were we watching the same show?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tasha_Yar

I know what I was watching, or are you against Strong Female Character development in TV Shows?

I think what Crocodile is questioning is the bold text in the first quote. Tasha Yar is dead before Crusher ever leaves or comes back. Ensign Ro doesn't show up until season 5.

jred2k

UK Raw/Smackdown is basically a week off as nothing ever happens. I'm still bitter about the 3 Umanga matches in one night we had to endure that one time.

I wonder if the British taxi and telephone booth are unfortunate casualties of cost-cutting.

Side bet: I bet they bring Bad News Barrett back the week after they are in the UK. Impeccable timing and all that.

07386.jpg

John Cena has almost finished his 13th Ys game, weeaboo confirmed.

To be fair, the set with Shield vs Hell No & Taker and Ambrose vs Undertaker were pretty dope.

I went to Smackdown the last time they were here though, and it was the fucking shits. An awful awful taping, then Cena had the balls to complain at the end that we'd been quiet all night.

At least I got to see Neville vs Zayn.

Sephzilla

We duked it out in spoilered text.

Well i'm continuing it because I can :*(

If you want to see "Strong Female Character" on trek, watch DS9. Nana Visitor can actually act too

Kira Nerys is not what I'd consider a "strong female character" on Trek. She's a whiny, disobedient, kind of annoying, and loses rational judgement any time some guy tries to sweep her off her feet during most of the show. Jadzia Dax is the real answer to "strong female character"

Kira Nerys is not what I'd consider a "strong female character" on Trek. She's a whiny, disobedient, kind of annoying, and loses rational judgement any time some guy tries to sweep her off her feet during most of the show. Jadzia Dax is the real answer to "strong female character"

That Damar "Tacking into the Wind" putdown though.
[Damar's family has been killed]
Damar: To kill her and my son - the casual brutality of it, the waste of life... What kind of state tolerates the murder of innocent women and children? What kind of people give those orders?
Colonel Kira: Yeah, Damar, what kind of people give those orders...?

I think people really overestimate how many people there are that both care about all the old content and are willing to pay to access it. Now, that is by no means a reason why they shouldn't do it. They absolutely should upload it all. But I doubt it would have the huge impact on the numbers that some suggest.

Sephzilla

That Damar "Tacking into the Wind" putdown though.
[Damar's family has been killed]
Damar: To kill her and my son - the casual brutality of it, the waste of life... What kind of state tolerates the murder of innocent women and children? What kind of people give those orders?
Colonel Kira: Yeah, Damar, what kind of people give those orders...?

*Sigh*

Now I need to watch DS9 again. That show gets so damn good especially in the last 3 seasons.

Ja!

Ashley Judd doe. Ensign Ro was the best, should have become a series regular.

Wasn't Ensigh Ro supposed to continue on and reappear in DS9? I'm sure I read something about writers/creators not allowing her to be used so they had to create the Kira character instead.

I think people really overestimate how many people there are that both care about all the old content and are willing to pay to access it. Now, that is by no means a reason why they shouldn't do it. They absolutely should upload it all. But I doubt it would have the huge impact on the numbers that some suggest.

I guess paying for it is the main hurdle, as the tape trader and torrent scene would suggest there's plenty of people out there interested in older content.

LOL is this a joke. I'm being serious.

Hell I watched that show religiously back in the day. This, Simpsons, and Married with Children were my FOX trifecta.

You're telling me.

In the episode where Brenda has her friends over for a slumber party, they all start dancing in the living room and drag her mom into the mosh pit and start going nuts. The music doesn't fit at all. I looked it up on IMDB and apparently the song that played during that part was Mony Mony by Tommy James & The Shondells:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkMgs3lFwkQ

In the show, they're clearly clapping along to the beat, but the replacement music is not in sync at all. That was my first indication that something wasn't right here.

jmdajr

You're telling me.

In the episode where Brenda has her friends over for a slumber party, they all start dancing in the living room and drag her mom into the mosh pit and start going nuts. The music doesn't fit at all. I looked it up on IMDB and apparently the song that played during that part was Mony Mony by Tommy James & The Shondells:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkMgs3lFwkQ

In the show, they're clearly clapping along to the beat, but the replacement music is not in sync at all. That was my first indication that something wasn't right here.

I'll be damned.

strobogo

Banned
They've done a terrible job of marketing it. They've literally turned it into a joke on screen. They advertise their own product on their own programming, to people who already know about it, instead of doing real commercials and ad campaigns. Their way to entice people to the network is to insult them directly. They had no foresight on to any part of it. Not to the content, not to the player, not to the page design, not to marketing. It's been a shit show and I wouldn't be surprised to see it end up like Redbox's streaming service within 2-3 years at most.

They didn't even stick with some of their own original content. They stopped doing post shows, stopped doing pre-shows for Smackdown within a few weeks. There is zero effort being put into it.

Wasn't Ensigh Ro supposed to continue on and reappear in DS9? I'm sure I read something about writers/creators not allowing her to be used so they had to create the Kira character instead.

It was more to do with them not wanting to pay two sets of writers (the ones who came up with Ro and the ones writing for DS9). A similar thing happened with the Tom Paris character in Voyager, who was meant to be a reprisal of his character in TNG, but they just changed his name to avoid paying the original writers.

I guess paying for it is the main hurdle, as the tape trader and torrent scene would suggest there's plenty of people out there interested in older content.

Look at what was said earlier in the thread. PPVs and stuff like NXT are only $10/month now and there are still people that justify pirating it. I just think a lot of people who want old stuff already have an avenue of getting it that they are comfortable with, whether that be torrents or Youtube or anything else.

Sephzilla

Jadzia pretty much out Klingons the Klingons in that show when she needs to. That and she's absolutely gorgeous.

I think the actress who played Ro didn't want to commit to anything more than a part time recurring role. So when she wouldn't commit to being a regular they made Kira instead.

It was more to do with them not wanting to pay two sets of writers (the ones who came up with Ro and the ones writing for DS9). A similar thing happened with the Tom Paris character in Voyager, who was meant to be a reprisal of his character in TNG, but they just changed his name to avoid paying the original writers.

Oh yeah that was it! Cos he's the kid in the elite flying school who kills the guy (which is perhaps why he's in prison in Voyager). bean you'll forget all this stuff, don't worry.

¡HarlequinPanic!;137187448 said:
wrasslegaf being long winded trekkies might be the worst kept secret since the shield's breakup!

I also enjoy Star Wars, football, computer games. I draw the line at anime.

What the hell are you all talking about

Listen to this guy acting like he's not the biggest anime geek in the entire thread.

Hasney

Did anyone ever finish Murdered: Soul Suspect? I was quite enjoying it (Full disclosure: I love games like that, like LA Noire) until it was revealed that the killer was
Abigail Williams possessing cops
. I mean come on, I can put up with dumb shit, but that one takes the cake.

My thoughts exactly.

I am so confused right now by all this Star Trek

Listen to this guy acting like he's not the biggest anime geek in the entire thread.

I haven't watched anime in months, broheim!

WWE Network, Star Trek, and Beverly Hills 90210.

KILL IT ALL

Did anyone ever finish Murdered: Soul Suspect? I was quite enjoying it (Full disclosure: I love games like that, like LA Noire) until it was revealed that the killer was
Abigail Williams possessing cops
. I mean come on, I can put up with dumb shit, but that one takes the cake.

I loved Soul Suspect, but I could see what they were doing a mile away. And the stealth stuff was garbage. The side cases are awesome, though.

Top Bottom