• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| Ask Not The Jobber How John Cena Wins

Never mind old man Stinger's theme, I'm still trying to figure out Rowan's new theme, I kinda like it but it seems like it's missing a point where it takes off and packs that extra bit of punch.

Toki767

Didn't Booker get to keep his WCW theme? Obviously Flair did.

Who else? Goldberg?

Bischoff used free music for a lot of the WCW themes. Pat Tanaka used to come out to Goldberg's theme.

I imagine Sting's theme is one of the ones that actually cost money to use so WWE probably just didn't want to pay royalties.

strobogo

Banned
Bischoff used free music for a lot of the WCW themes. Pat Tanaka used to come out to Goldberg's theme.

I imagine Sting's theme is one of the ones that actually cost money to use so WWE probably just didn't want to pay royalties.

But they've used it on TV for the 2K advertisements and in the game itself. And on WWE.com. And as entrance music for him at the 2K roster reveal.

Kaladin

Sting used Metallica once as his theme.

jmdajr

Cheap fucks. They buy one for Cm Punk but not Sting?

Kaladin

All this fuss over the music, what he got was fine and it fit the atmosphere of the crow Sting character. Who cares if it is the old music?

Oh god I forgot larry the cable guy was on tonight. For what demographic cena fans don't know who he is. My gen doesn't care, who's he there for? How can I take WWE serious when this guy appears on the show?

Jesus post SS too?

jmdajr

All this fuss over the music, what he got was fine and it fit the atmosphere of the crow Sting character. Who cares if it is the old music?

It's a big deal. Just imagine HBK, Stone Cold, Hogan coming back and you hear something besides their iconic music.

I don't know. It bothers me.

Y'all need to leave Sting alone. Let him be old and bald. It's not like he's HBK and keeping his hair long and always wearing a hat. He knows he is bald. He's okay with. Be okay with it. Abba God gave him that hair for a reason. You cunts.

But if he dyed it, for such a big debut it would have been better.

strobogo

Banned
Scott Steiner kept his siren.
Booker kept his music
Nash/nWo kept their music
Hogan got to keep Voodoo Chilly
Kidman kept his
Rey's old theme was used in hype videos for him
Goldberg kept his
Shane Helms for like one show
Kanyon
NBT for a bit
Chavo
Lance Storm kept his
Buff kept his

So..a lot of WCW kept their music when coming over.

Global Force Wrestling announced a deal with the Flipps app today where those outside of North America will be able to watch Wrestle Kingdom 9 on their wireless device on the app. The show will be available both live and on demand by downloading the app

Don't know what flips,is but it's how euros can get WK9 IN ENGLISH

Thorakai

So I just rewatched the Sting segment and just realized that I managed to completely ignore commentary, I don't remember a lot of this. I was too concentrated on the debut to even give a damn about the commentary live.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
So I just rewatched the Sting segment and just realized that I managed to completely ignore commentary, I don't remember a lot of this. I was too concentrated on the debut to even give a damn about the commentary live.
They said something along the lines of "what will his impact be" or "hell of an impact". lol.

RBH

So the last scheduled Raw is currently on February 23rd, 2015 in Nashville, TN.

Maybe they can hold Raw in Atlanta the following week.......

Fox318

So the last scheduled Raw is currently on February 23rd, 2015 in Nashville, TN.

Maybe they can hold Raw in Atlanta the following week.......

The last time they did a Raw in atlanta the crowd was dead.

Not blaming Atlanta, I blame WWE for fielding a bad product.

Fox318

"I don't like Sting's new music where is his old music"

Back in 2001 GRANDPAS

Us supposed grandpas are the only ones who have a means to pay for the network.

Unless all of the cena babies start working in the sweatshops where his shirts are made I don't see them paying for the network.

Bowser

The last time they did a Raw in atlanta the crowd was dead.

Not blaming Atlanta, I blame WWE for fielding a bad product.

Eh, I blame Atlanta.

The crowd for WM27 sucked too.

Then again, that Mania was headlined by a non-confrontation between Cena and Rock (with a guest appearance by "WWE Champion" Miz), so uh, maybe blame WWE too.

9Bbomwd.png

Top Bottom