• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| Ask Not The Jobber How John Cena Wins

Chamber

love on your sleeve
9Bbomwd.png

I can't believe this is happening in 2014.

They realise RAW goes out in other countries, right? Countries were people aren't aware of every c-list celebrity and hack comedian in the USA? At least the likes of The Muppets and Hugh Jackman have some universal appeal.

Kaladin

They realise RAW goes out in other countries, right? Countries were people aren't aware of every c-list celebrity and hack comedian in the USA? At least the likes of The Muppets and Hugh Jackman have some universal appeal.

I would argue that Larry The Cable Guy is Vince's attempt to laugh at rednecks in wrasslin' again.

Aiii

So not worth it

Yeah, but this one is one of their shitty B-movies, so there you go.

Hasney

Wow, after 10 years they finally get it?

Probably just didn't plan ahead.

Get what? There's nothing inherently wrong with an authority figure, so unless they've worked out how to write a compelling show in the past week, expect more of the same.

Who the fuck wants to listen to a Taz podcast? There's an idea - what'd be the worst podcast pairing possible? I say;

Taz, Konnan, Vampiro.

I was going to say Ian Rotten and Jim Cornette, but I might actually listen to that.

Kaladin

Who the fuck wants to listen to a Taz podcast? There's an idea - what'd be the worst podcast pairing possible? I say;

Taz, Konnan, Vampiro.

I was going to say Ian Rotten and Jim Cornette, but I might actually listen to that.

Vince Russo and Jim Cornette.

It would last one episode, one would be dead after the taping.

Aiii

So not worth it
Get what? There's nothing inherently wrong with an authority figure, so unless they've worked out how to write a compelling show in the past week, expect more of the same.

So what does an authority figure add to the show? Other than encourage the idea that none of these shows have matches booked on them when they go on air.

Hasney

Except when it's used as a crutch to explain storylines for almost 20 years. It's absolutely the most tired thing in pro wrestling.

And Cena main eventing is probably the second, but guess what's going to be happening when Brock gets paid?

So what does an authority figure add to the show? Other than encourage the idea that none of these shows have matches booked on them when they go on air.

If they're an interesting, well written character that doesn't necessarily wrestle, then you have an interesting, well written character on the show that wouldn't be there otherwise. That's the bit WWE has failed at for several years, not just having an authority figure.

Taz, Konnan, Vampiro.

I can't believe I'm going to say this but I don't mind Konnan on mlw. He's not insufferable and is entertaining.

Ithil

Heel authority figures are incredibly played out and passe in any wrestling. WWE, WCW, TNA, they drove them into the ground. Lucha Underground only just barely get away with one because they hired a real actor for it and he's very good. Even then, it's a tiresome role.

They will never be 1998 Vince and they need to get that already. The closest they had was RAW GM Eric Bischoff, and that was a decade ago.

Aiii

So not worth it
20141124_EP_LIGHT_YouTubeOnNetwork-HOME.jpg

Beginning today, the best short content from WWE's YouTube channel is now available on demand on WWE Network! In the mood for something quick? Check out "As Seen on YouTube" on WWE Network to see some of the most popular videos, like WWE Inbox and WWE Warehouse, from WWE's YouTube channel.

Get November FREE, including the Survivor Series replay

Below are the WWE YouTube videos you can watch as a part of WWE Network's massive on-demand library. Click here to visit WWE Network's "As Seen on YouTube" category to start watching.

Top 30 WrestleMania Moments
Top 10 Royal Rumble Fails
Top 10 Royal Rumble Surprises
Top 10 Raw Grand Finales
Top 10 Undertaker Returns
Top 10 Stolen Finishers
100 Greatest Rumble Eliminations
Triple H's WrestleMania Workout
Roman Reigns' WrestleMania Workout
Big E Works Out on Muscle Beach
Ryback's WrestleMania Workout
Goldust Applies his Face Paint
Cesaro's WrestleMania Workout
Boogeyman Trick-or-Treat
Story of the Yes! Movement
NXT Superstars in Slow Motion
WWE Inbox - What Hurts Most?
WWE Inbox - Favorite Cartoons
WWE Inbox - Chris Jericho
WWE Inbox - Let's Start a Band
WWE Inbox - What's in a Name?
WWE Inbox - Funny Fan Experiences
WWE Inbox - RIP to The Undertaker's Streak
WWE Inbox - Whole World In Their Hands
WWE Warehouse - Totally '90s
WWE Warehouse - The Million Dollar Championship
WWE Warehouse - National Treasures
WWE Warehouse - The Undertaker's Caskets
WWE Warehouse - WrestleMania Rings

Yep.

Xater

Considering this is the same company that made fun of people for actually buying their PPVs, even if there is no Network option, I don't think they are aware.

Heel authority figures are incredibly played out and passe in any wrestling. WWE, WCW, TNA, they drove them into the ground. Lucha Underground only just barely get away with one because they hired a real actor for it and he's very good. Even then, it's a tiresome role.

They will never be 1998 Vince and they need to get that already. The closest they had was RAW GM Eric Bischoff, and that was a decade ago.
Trips and Steph were killing it in the position and were far from played out, but that's okay because they will be back.

Fox318

20141124_EP_LIGHT_YouTubeOnNetwork-HOME.jpg

Beginning today, the best short content from WWE's YouTube channel is now available on demand on WWE Network! In the mood for something quick? Check out "As Seen on YouTube" on WWE Network to see some of the most popular videos, like WWE Inbox and WWE Warehouse, from WWE's YouTube channel.

Get November FREE, including the Survivor Series replay

Below are the WWE YouTube videos you can watch as a part of WWE Network's massive on-demand library. Click here to visit WWE Network's "As Seen on YouTube" category to start watching.

Top 30 WrestleMania Moments
Top 10 Royal Rumble Fails
Top 10 Royal Rumble Surprises
Top 10 Raw Grand Finales
Top 10 Undertaker Returns
Top 10 Stolen Finishers
100 Greatest Rumble Eliminations
Triple H's WrestleMania Workout
Roman Reigns' WrestleMania Workout
Big E Works Out on Muscle Beach
Ryback's WrestleMania Workout
Goldust Applies his Face Paint
Cesaro's WrestleMania Workout
Boogeyman Trick-or-Treat
Story of the Yes! Movement
NXT Superstars in Slow Motion
WWE Inbox - What Hurts Most?
WWE Inbox - Favorite Cartoons
WWE Inbox - Chris Jericho
WWE Inbox - Let's Start a Band
WWE Inbox - What's in a Name?
WWE Inbox - Funny Fan Experiences
WWE Inbox - RIP to The Undertaker's Streak
WWE Inbox - Whole World In Their Hands
WWE Warehouse - Totally '90s
WWE Warehouse - The Million Dollar Championship
WWE Warehouse - National Treasures
WWE Warehouse - The Undertaker's Caskets
WWE Warehouse - WrestleMania Rings

Yep.

Smart

Every single video they make should be on the network.

Hell they should sell some of their DVD's as on demand videos you can add to a library.

Top Bottom