• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| Ask Not The Jobber How John Cena Wins

9HdtdRs.jpg
Undertaker drawing is lazy as hell. Shitty hair, swirls for tattoos, no design on the tights.

I think everyone has said they know what they should have done.

Yeah, Lionheart admitted he screwed up, but he also said he felt nervous about taking the move before the match but didn't want to offend AJ by saying so. It sucks that it's happened a bunch of times this year, but I think the onus is on AJ to make sure his opponents know what they're doing ahead of time - especially now he's working a lot in a foreign country with a pretty big language barrier.

Sephzilla

Laptop GM sounded like an email BNB would send, if you ask me.

I'd believe that if one of the early "things" with the Raw GM wasn't intentionally making emails sound like they were from various superstars.

My question is why do we constantly need an authority figure on the show? The late 80s and early 90s survived perfectly fine when they only trotted out Jack Tunney for special appearances. The authority figure trope is super played out in WWE, the heel authority figure is even more played out.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It absolutely is. It's a front bump with the neck exposed while he throws every other part of your body down. That + the general instinct to tuck when you're taking a bump, and here we are.

And it's not rookies it's happening to, either. It's a lack of communication.

Alright out with it.

Why do you hate AJ Styles?

Kaladin

I'd believe that if one of the early "things" with the Raw GM wasn't intentionally making emails sound like they were from various superstars.

My question is why do we constantly need an authority figure on the show? The late 80s and early 90s survived perfectly fine when they only trotted out Jack Tunney for special appearances. The authority figure trope is super played out in WWE, the heel authority figure is even more played out.

I actually like that approach. Let things play out as they do. You can say matches are booked by the board of directors or whatever, but no on screen authority is needed.....except in special cases that call for special handling. It makes the authority's appearance feel more real and have more weight to it.

Alright out with it.

Why do you hate AJ Styles?

Nah man, AJ's godlike, especially this year. The Clash is fucking dangerous though. It's a move that makes you go against your instinct a bit when you take it. Couple that with him being a very big fish in smaller ponds now, and guys aren't going to want to ask him about it.

Probably still pissed about "The gay community" comment.

I'm not sure there's a funnier thing I've seen involving AJ than this. The question, his legitimate and sincere confusion at the question, and it being a thing now is pretty hilarious to me.

Sephzilla

I actually like that approach. Let things play out as they do. You can say matches are booked by the board of directors or whatever, but no on screen authority is needed.....except in special cases that call for special handling. It makes the authority's appearance feel more real and have more weight to it.

Exactly. Look at any time Vince shows up on TV in the last few years - people treat it like it's a big deal.

I don't remember this. :/

tldr version;

AJ is on a radio show, taking questions. Random dude calls in, asks AJ how he feels about his huge following in the gay community.

Cue confusion from AJ and the host cutting the guy off, saying that wasn't the question he said he was going to ask.

It's basically a thing because AJ's Christian, and got legit shook by the most out of nowhere question ever

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
tldr;

AJ is on a radio show, taking questions. Random dude calls in, asks AJ how he feels about his huge following in the gay community.

Cue confusion from AJ and the host cutting the guy off, saying that wasn't the question he said he was going to ask.

It's basically a thing because AJ's Christian, and got legit shook by the most out of nowhere question ever

loooooooool at least he didn't embarrass himself. Any AJ/Ibushi match is a dream for the gay community.

Ithil

"How do you feel about your following in the gay community?"

"....the gay community!?"

Right in AJ's bumpkin accent, too. It's good stuff.

Fox318

tldr version;

Wasn't that on the Wrestling Observer radio?

Yeah, Lionheart admitted he screwed up, but he also said he felt nervous about taking the move before the match but didn't want to offend AJ by saying so. It sucks that it's happened a bunch of times this year, but I think the onus is on AJ to make sure his opponents know what they're doing ahead of time - especially now he's working a lot in a foreign country with a pretty big language barrier.
I hadn't heard that he had nerves about the move, fair enough. I don't know, I'm starting to come round to the "He at least needs an alternate for people uncomfortable taking it" camp.

Just not the Hollowpoint.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's funny that people bring up that and not him calling people fags at indie shows.

in carny bullshit news, Hogan doesn't air guitar the title in 2k15. He also has way too much hair. Fucking terrible.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It's funny that people bring up that and not him calling people fags at indie shows.

Well, if CM Punk does it, it must be ok. And Owen Hart, and many more..except for the indie show bit.

XenoRaven

I don't think this issue with the Styles Clash is that people don't know how to take the bump. It's that a single lapse in attention or judgment will probably leave you with a broken freakin neck.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I dunno why anyone would get a boner for Naito. Dude's legitimately ugly. I like him but let's be honest. Naito has an ugly face.

EymNFEb.png

Imagine that threatening your dick. No thanks.

Let's take advice on attractive faces from the guy who thinks the juicy juicy juice and psicosis are good looking

Fox318

Stang is in WWE!

The Authority is out of power!

Daniel Bryan is back*!

*for one night only

WWE is good again, right guys?

Ugh. It's like they're trying to make WWE the worst it can be without The Authority being around. No Sting, just proves he's another part time player who only shows up on special occasions. No Authority? No problem! We'll do GM Of The Week. Ugh....the fuck is this shit. Okay, so we got Daniel Bryan on the first week, Anon Raw GM week two, what is next? Is Adamle going to be brought back? What about Maddox or Vickie?

Do they want Raw to suck?

10481966_10152535311761443_3427934929438479047_n.png

You said it Stang, you said it.

qpBcoX0.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Let's take advice on attractive faces from the guy who thinks the juicy juicy juice and psicosis are good looking

They are though

wRsrWbM.jpg

Gor71Ne.jpg

Two attractive-ass men. Far better than Naito's bug-eyes.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm surprised Goldust hasn't done a NXT appearance yet. Seems like a guy who could teach a lot of them kids some wrasslin and probably have an amazing, lengthy match that he doesn't really get to have as often on Raw.

Fox318

I'm surprised Goldust hasn't done a NXT appearance yet. Seems like a guy who could teach a lot of them kids some wrasslin and probably have an amazing, lengthy match that he doesn't really get to have as often on Raw.

He's done stuff but I think he doesn't want to take up their air time.

Sephzilla

Goldust could do some fun shit in NXT especially if they let him act a little more like OG Goldust.

strobogo

Banned
Other odds and ends from the show:

The ring crew changed ring aprons 3 times during Raw. Every time an angle with something leading to TLC would have a special Raw apron with tables, ladders, and chairs on it. Then they would change it to the standard apron for things like Gabriel/Fandonger and the interspecies tag match. Seemed really weird to me.

When the flag drops for a Rusev segment, they don't roll it back up, but release it and let the ring crew catch it, who then carried it to the back through the crowd like a log.

I got hit with the patented "Wrestling fan musk" while exiting the show. A musk that smelled very similar to the smell of my mom's dog after having a few seizures and shitting all over herself in that weird yellow messy dog shit kind of shit. Strikingly similar.

The Wrestlemania 31 bus has Brock on one side, and Taker on the other. With Taker chokeslaming Vladimir Kozlov for some reason. I also saw the Cena bus as seen on Total Divas.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Other odds and ends from the show:

The ring crew changed ring aprons 3 times during Raw. Every time an angle with something leading to TLC would have a special Raw apron with tables, ladders, and chairs on it. Then they would change it to the standard apron for things like Gabriel/Fandonger and the interspecies tag match. Seemed really weird to me.

When the flag drops for a Rusev segment, they don't roll it back up, but release it and let the ring crew catch it, who then carried it to the back through the crowd like a log.

I got hit with the patented "Wrestling fan musk" while exiting the show. A musk that smelled very similar to the smell of my mom's dog after having a few seizures and shitting all over herself in that weird yellow messy dog shit kind of shit. Strikingly similar.

The Wrestlemania 31 bus has Brock on one side, and Taker on the other. With Taker chokeslaming Vladimir Kozlov for some reason. I also saw the Cena bus as seen on Total Divas.

That's neat, about the flag.

Please don't make me watch old ROH

Ah, c'mon. It was a golden age of awesome wrestling meets questionable booking ideas and ridiculously convoluted ranking systems. Where else could you see a show so diverse as to have the top proponents of strongstyle in the US beating the shit of each other, fat dudes who shouldn't be doing flips beating the shit out of scrawny dudes who do nothing but flips and the likes of Chad Collyer and Matt Stryker boring audiences to death with their dull as dirt mat wrestling? Also, storylines like 'Doug Williams can't shake hands any more' and 'just who pooped in the Carnage Crew's bag?'

Top Bottom