• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| Ask Not The Jobber How John Cena Wins

Kaladin

Other odds and ends from the show:

The ring crew changed ring aprons 3 times during Raw. Every time an angle with something leading to TLC would have a special Raw apron with tables, ladders, and chairs on it. Then they would change it to the standard apron for things like Gabriel/Fandonger and the interspecies tag match. Seemed really weird to me.

When the flag drops for a Rusev segment, they don't roll it back up, but release it and let the ring crew catch it, who then carried it to the back through the crowd like a log.

I got hit with the patented "Wrestling fan musk" while exiting the show. A musk that smelled very similar to the smell of my mom's dog after having a few seizures and shitting all over herself in that weird yellow messy dog shit kind of shit. Strikingly similar.

The Wrestlemania 31 bus has Brock on one side, and Taker on the other. With Taker chokeslaming Vladimir Kozlov for some reason. I also saw the Cena bus as seen on Total Divas.

I love watching the WWE ring crew work at tapings. Their speed and efficiency is something else.

Compare that to watching indie promotions put up steel cages for an hour.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Oh yeah, how was the Uso special? I assume good because it's original content for the Network.

strobogo

Banned
I love watching the WWE ring crew work at tapings. Their speed and efficiency is something else.

Compare that to watching indie promotions put up steel cages for an hour.

Yeah those mother fuckers work HARD. So do the camera men. Bronson could take some lessons from them.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
But if you revisit old indies you get to see Xavier and who doesn't want that? Xavier, remember that guy? Nope, me neither.

Fox318

LR9gKCR.jpg

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Jimmy Rave and Brent Albright carried on the Xavier legacy of 'how did that guy ever get a push? Was there nobody else around?'

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yo, Rudoreels.com is doing a Flash Sale for their Nitro Blu-ray set. 3 years for $75, original unedited broadcasts. No new music, no edits. Good for purists like me.

UberTag

Cena made him do it. I posted the entire after show segment.

The whole thing was Cena bullying the stooges, a ref, a trainer, and then Cole.
It's a shame that all of the faces in the WWE are such unlikable assholes.
Except for, I guess, Ambrose. There's always one guy who's just out for themselves and not behaving like a contemptible bastard.

Fox318

They're going to turn New Day heel aren't they

The Salon article scared them.

They wouldn't have them do this in front of older women and that choir if they weren't baby face.

Plus who are their active male babyface wrestlers right now?

1. Cena
  2. Ziggler
  3. Mizdow

Tweeners
  1. Orton
  2. Erick Rowan

Everyone else is a heel.

Kane entered the comedy portion of the Kane cycle.....is random tag team or mask next, I forget.

It's random tag team next, to begin potentially rebuilding him as a threat. Then, once that happens he turns on his tag partner, gets the mask and becomes The Monster Kane or The Daemon Kane again. He loses the mask and descends once more to jobberdom, which leads right back into the comedy character section and the cycle is complete.

Verendus

Banned
Remember when people feared Kane?

Remember when he was treated as an equal to the Undertaker and some thought his Career would be just as memorable?
He's got a more memorable career now. Taker just has his crappy streak.

Kane has his debut, Katie Vick, May 19th, the mask coming off, Corporate Kane, Damon Kane, Team Hell No, lusting after X-Pac, and a bunch of other stuff I've probably missed.

He's one of the most illustrious demons ever.

Kane entered the comedy portion of the Kane cycle.....is random tag team or mask next, I forget.

It's gone out or order, but tag team must be coming up soon.
Ryback's constant hunger to be fed more will lead him to going to the concessions stand each week, after some time he and Koncessions Kane inexplicably become brunch buddies (that'll also potentially be their tag team name) and will cut promos filled with food puns, they'll win the tag team titles and carry them out with their teeth.

The versatility of Kane gimmicks and the odd comedic chops of the big guy will let this work.

Ah, c'mon. It was a golden age of awesome wrestling meets questionable booking ideas and ridiculously convoluted ranking systems. Where else could you see a show so diverse as to have the top proponents of strongstyle in the US beating the shit of each other, fat dudes who shouldn't be doing flips beating the shit out of scrawny dudes who do nothing but flips and the likes of Chad Collyer and Matt Stryker boring audiences to death with their dull as dirt mat wrestling? Also, storylines like 'Doug Williams can't shake hands any more' and 'just who pooped in the Carnage Crew's bag?'

Putting the title on Xavier instead of Christopher Daniels in the first year will always crack me up. I'm sure there's a reason, and it may even be a good reason, but c'mon. It's freaking Xavier.

Kaladin

Ryback's constant hunger to be fed more will lead him to going to the concessions stand each week, after some time he and Koncessions Kane inexplicably become brunch buddies (that'll also potentially be their tag team name) and will cut promos filled with food puns, they'll win the tag team titles and carry them out with their teeth.

The versatility of Kane gimmicks and the odd comedic chops of the big guy will let this work.

If WWE creative really does watch this thread, this needs to happen.

Omega

Banned

This actually doesn't sound too bad.

They don't know how to do a monster heel/face anymore so super cheesy Ryback would be the next best thing.

The New Day promos were just too stereotypical, especially the last one with the dancing, preaching, shoe brushing...

I think it's a swerve. Or at least I hope it's a swerve. Especially with the broadcast team ready for some fun from them. I just want them all to tear shit up.

DMczaf

The New Day promos were just too stereotypical, especially the last one with the dancing, preaching, shoe brushing...

I think it's a swerve. Or at least I hope it's a swerve. Especially with the broadcast team ready for some fun from them. I just want them all to tear shit up.

I would love for a Nexus-type ending to Raw where New Day finally debut and everyone expects them to dance and preach, and then they get real as fuck as the show goes off the air.

I would love for a Nexus-type ending to Raw where New Day finally debut and everyone expects them to dance and preach, and then they get real as fuck as the show goes off the air.

Best Raw ever, I'm not even going to watch next week so I can just pretend it ends that way.

Sephzilla

Yup.

Looked corny as fuck. Forgettable summer blockbuster fluff.

Marvel/Chris Pratt fanboys are going to prop that movie up tho to support their corporation.

i was actually fully on board until
Star Lord teams up with raptors
. That was Kingdom of the Crystal Skull monkeys level shit.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Roommate is going to be on Raw and SD as a member of Adam Rose's entourage. They fucking mailed the legitshook.com shirt back too, lol. Ridiculous. She's supposed to wear a "costume" so not shookery this time

i was actually fully on board until
Star Lord teams up with raptors
. That was Kingdom of the Crystal Skull monkeys level shit.

Doesn't look much different than JP3 to be honest. It's great if you're a fan of Chris Pratt but he's basically going to be playing the same character for the next 10 years.

Top Bottom