• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| Ask Not The Jobber How John Cena Wins

strobogo

Banned
He's meant to be a fucking tool, that's kinda the point. Also, really, stro? Really? Larry the fucking Cable Guy? Really? smh. You deserve every nugget of shit Vince served up to you at RAW, I'm glad the carnies trolled you.

Really? That dude is supposed to be a fucking tool and not some cool dark dude who is taking over the promotion as Jimmy Jacobs' and Paige's love child?

Really? That dude is supposed to be a fucking tool and not some cool dark dude who is taking over the promotion as Jimmy Jacobs' and Paige's love child?

He's meant to be despised for a variety of reasons. For his actions, for his look, for his attitude; namely, for being a complete tool. Of course, 'cunt' is probably a better description and more accurate for the British vernacular. As an insult 'tool' doesn't get much use around these parts.

Jimmy's not seen as cool or edgy, he's seen as a despicable cunt who crossed the line and took what he couldn't earn.

Jimmy Jacobs called, he wants his eyeliner back.

Pfft, tell that to The Undertaker.

strobogo

Banned
He's meant to be despised for a variety of reasons. For his actions, for his look, for his attitude; namely, for being a complete tool. Of course, 'cunt' is probably a better description and more accurate for the British vernacular. As an insult 'tool' doesn't get much use around these parts.

Jimmy's not seen as cool or edgy, he's seen as a despicable cunt who crossed the line and took what he couldn't earn.

Pfft, tell that to The Undertaker.

He's an embarrassing cunt that would make me definitely not watch something he was on.

He's an embarrassing cunt that would make me definitely not watch something he was on.

jXf7qaO.gif

¡HarlequinPanic!;140392738 said:
friend bionic you of all people should appreciate a sanic that is there every year, being him, regardless of if the sanic universe boos him or cheers him, he just wants the sanic universe to be themselve!

Sonic is just there to collect a paycheck every year from little kids and furries. Motherfucker has no work ethic whatsoever. He doesn't get my hustle, loyalty, or respect.

somedevil

TNA has announced there first tapings for DA:

TNA has announced that they will return to the Manhattan Center in New York City on January 7th, January 8th and January 9th for their debut episodes on Destination America.

So will people show up for this taping?

Stro, if you can't get enough of the bible you should take a shot at the Gnostic Gospels. It will cleanse your soul from all of Paul's bullshit.

Or you could read something by John M. Allegro. He was one of the people assigned to the Dead Sea scrolls when they were discovered and he has a pretty interesting take on the bible and Christianity as a whole. I'd suggest either The sacred mushroom and the cross or Dead Sea Scrolls and The Christian Myth.

TNA has announced there first tapings for DA:

So will people show up for this taping?

Dixie trying desperately to spend all of Panda Energy's money.

There might be 5 or 10 people that show up and actually pay for tickets. But will there be any wrestlers to actually wrestle? Hell will there even be anyone watching when these tapings air on Destination America?

strobogo

Banned
Stro, if you can't get enough of the bible you should take a shot at the Gnostic Gospels. It will cleanse your soul from all of Paul's bullshit.

Or you could read something by John M. Allegro. He was one of the people assigned to the Dead Sea scrolls when they were discovered and he has a pretty interesting take on the bible and Christianity as a whole. I'd suggest either The sacred mushroom and the cross or Dead Sea Scrolls and The Christian Myth.

I've had more than my fill of the bible. New Testament should have only been the 4 gospels and maybe Revelations or something. All this shit with Paul is ridiculous. Why didn't it follow PETER? You know, the guy Jesus put in charge after his death? Not some crazy convert who tells you to do the opposite of what Jesus said. The idea that at least 60% or more of Christian doctrine is derived from Paul and not Jesus is deeply unsettling to me.

I've had more than my fill of the bible. New Testament should have only been the 4 gospels and maybe Revelations or something. All this shit with Paul is ridiculous. Why didn't it follow PETER? You know, the guy Jesus put in charge after his death? Not some crazy convert who tells you to do the opposite of what Jesus said. The idea that at least 60% or more of Christian doctrine is derived from Paul and not Jesus is deeply unsettling to me.

You probably know more now about the bible after reading it than most devout Christians do.

I would still suggest reading Allegro's stuff it's good shit.

strobogo

Banned
You probably know more now about the bible after reading it than most devote Christians do.

I would still suggest reading Allegro's stuff it's good shit.

I've heard Rogan talk about him and the Santa is a mushroom and Christianity was a mushroom cult stuff enough that I feel like I've read the book.

Basically what being a Christian should be is basically being a devout Jew who believes that Jesus was the prophesied messiah. With a lot more love than what Moses and his people got. With Jesus, God formed a new convenant with the Jews (not everyone, just the Jews), but a new one doesn't mean "get rid of the old one". Quite the opposite, according to Jesus.

Which is all weird to begin with because Jesus is prophesied all the way in Genesis, which means God created the first covenant knowing he was going to make a second one later on anyway. He could have just STARTED with Jesus.

somedevil

WWE Viewership for 11/24:

8pm: 4.734
9pm: 3.992
10pm: 4.012

Avg: 4.246

Wow that first hour. Sting is a draw but 700,000 people left when they realized he was not coming on Raw. Then the viewership went back to normal for around this time.

So if they advertise him then he can get more people to watch Raw but I doubt he will show up till next year since Brock is coming back.

edit: Beatened

Gonzalez

Banned
Roman Reigns is the Sonic of wrestling. He's the cool new character that all the hip kids are into, but 10 years from now you'll end up realizing that he was a shallow, and one dimensional personality.

Daniel Bryan is the Bubsy of wrestling. You'll know what I mean by this when you ask yourself "Where did the original video game mascots go" when you play another shitty VR FPS.

I do so love it when an atheist (I assume) reads the Bible without being disrespectful, while also being entirely neutral to its content, while also being very amusing. Honestly, you bring up some good points about the massive plot holes caused by thousands of fat, middle-aged monks over the course of 2000 years. I guess questioning the Bible is healthy at times for us Christians. Anyway, I do hope you resume your analysis of it again some time. It's... Enlightening~

EDIT: Woah, that came across as being sarcastic. Sorry. Didn't mean that. :p

Toki767

I think that bump in the first hour was just to see Survivor Series fallout. I'm guessing most people didn't take advantage of that free month of the Network.

I think that bump in the first hour was just to see Survivor Series fallout. I'm guessing most people didn't take advantage of that free month of the Network.

Post-PPV bumps normally haven't been much recently, and it certainly wouldn't be to the tune of 700k viewers.

It was Sting mostly, though Bryan was a very consistent ratings draw before he left.

Sephzilla

The 1/2 punch of Sting + Bryan returning were ratings fuel. And yeah, like others said, the audiences left the moment they realized Sting wasn't going to be on TV.

strobogo

Banned
I do so love it when an atheist (I assume) reads the Bible without being disrespectful, while also being entirely neutral to its content, while also being very amusing. Honestly, you bring up some good points about the massive plot holes caused by thousands of fat, middle-aged monks over the course of 2000 years. I guess questioning the Bible is healthy at times for us Christians. Anyway, I do hope you resume your analysis of it again some time. It's... Enlightening~

EDIT: Woah, that came across as being sarcastic. Sorry. Didn't mean that. :p

I wouldn't even say atheist. I don't care enough one way or the other to say I'm this or that or believe in this or that. I don't think about religion or a god in my life at all. But I do think of all the religious figures in the Abrahamic faiths and really even Eastern religions, Jesus is the dopest one. Remove all the religious stuff from his teachings (or attributed to him, whatever) and you're going to be a pretty solid human. I'm just really grossed out that if you read it all, Paul is changing what Jesus taught and is essentially teaching his own religion. And THAT is what became Christianity. Not what Jesus actually taught. And even more grossed out that it is in the bible and no one was like, "Hey man, wtf, you can't imply God/Jesus were wrong about shit, you can't change what they said and pretend that's the right way to follow them".

I find it very strange that this has struck me so deep, since it's not like I'm praying to anything or believe 95% of what is in these books. I definitely don't believe DICK of what Paul is saying. Fuck that guy. Carny mother fucker. Christianity is the religion ABOUT Jesus. Judaism is the religion OF Jesus.

¡HarlequinPanic!;140399149 said:
why are you assuming all monks are fat. do you think they are pro wrasslin' fans or something

iHrtGpYUIHWtU.gif

somedevil

Survivor Series did create a buzz online. So people tuned in to Raw to see if Sting was going to show. It was interesting because basically the 4.7 million saw the authority leave, Bryan give a promo and Ryback vs Rusev and Dean vs Harper then left.

Also, we probably won't know if the free month worked unless they do a number at the end of December because if they do one next year the number of people signing up for Royal Rumble will make hard to find the truth.

Kaladin

Just read it all. Sounds like a decent time, but I gotta agree that 4 damn hours is far too long for a Raw. I'd never want to attend again unless there was something/someone guaranteed to be can't-miss, and those people/moments are very few and far between.

Carny fucks.

Thing is, you have to buy your ticket so far in advance for Raw (if you want a decent ticket that is) that you have no idea what will happen.

Only way to know if you're getting a decent Raw is to go to the Raw After Mania.

Wouldnt Kane technically be the Sonic of wrestling?

He was good the first few years but struggled to evolve with the changing times.
Is constantly changing gimmick to try make people care about him again.
Tries to make call backs to when he was good but it just servies as a reminder of how bad he is now. (Sonic 4 = Kane getting the mask back a few years ago)
Has a fanbase full of creepers.

funkystudent with the same idea as me, well I'll post it anyway.

Friends, can't you see that in actuality Sonic is akin to Kane.
Started off strong as the direct rival to a long time classic in the same field (in this case Mario is the Undertaker), while fierce rivals to each other at first they mellowed out sometimes teaming up (like Kane and Undertaker at the Olympic Games...hang on). These days their rival has a much stronger legacy which leaves them lurking in their shadow.

Over time though like Kane being subject to dodgy booking and shitty storylines Sonic was hindered with bad game design and also shitty storylines, every now and then something would happen to remind you of the glory days like Sonic Advance and recently unmasked Kane but ultimately they never kept the momentum and both spent the late 2000 era just sustaining themselves off their past value from their respective companies most successful era.
In 2010 they finally got a resurgence at long last, Kane got the WHC, Sonic had a non shitty game in Colours and life was good for the next few years, Sonic had his Generations, Kane had Team Hell No.
Then in 2013 things went a touch awry before finally 2014 hit and they fell hard, with Corporate Kane and Sonic Boom ensuring they get go away heat and people questioning why they're still around.

Bonus: Both reinvent themselves in an attempt to stay fresh and get thrown into all sorts of different roles, Katie Vick is to WWE storylines what Sonic 2006 is to video games, a disaster but hilarious in its own awful way.

And just like Beef will defend against the Sonic creepers I must say that us Kaneanites ain't all Soulplayas (RIP).

Top Bottom