• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| Ask Not The Jobber How John Cena Wins

I wouldn't even say atheist. I don't care enough one way or the other to say I'm this or that or believe in this or that. I don't think about religion or a god in my life at all. But I do think of all the religious figures in the Abrahamic faiths and really even Eastern religions, Jesus is the dopest one. Remove all the religious stuff from his teachings (or attributed to him, whatever) and you're going to be a pretty solid human. I'm just really grossed out that if you read it all, Paul is changing what Jesus taught and is essentially teaching his own religion. And THAT is what became Christianity. Not what Jesus actually taught. And even more grossed out that it is in the bible and no one was like, "Hey man, wtf, you can't imply God/Jesus were wrong about shit, you can't change what they said and pretend that's the right way to follow them".

I find it very strange that this has struck me so deep, since it's not like I'm praying to anything or believe 95% of what is in these books. I definitely don't believe DICK of what Paul is saying. Fuck that guy. Carny mother fucker. Christianity is the religion ABOUT Jesus. Judaism is the religion OF Jesus.

iHrtGpYUIHWtU.gif

Dang. That hits the nail on the head several times over. Really though, as a Christian, we should follow the teachings of Jesus. Not God (that's WCW), and not Peter (that's TNA). And just remember that Paul basically said that Peter was a good religious leader (liar), not Jesus. I'm sure that people would be quite surprised to find out that Jesus is annoyed with Peter and Paul. Seriously, the truth would have made Christianity MUCH smoother in the short term. Kinda odd if ya ask me.

You should read Luke if you haven't already. It's definitely the most interesting of the four Jesus Editions. Well, at least the Catholic one, anyway. I forget as to whether or not it's any BETTER, but it's definitely the most enjoyable to watch. At worst, it's a dumb summer blockbuster that you can enjoy.

Cagey

Banned
Wouldnt Kane technically be the Sonic of wrestling?

He was good the first few years but struggled to evolve with the changing times.
Is constantly changing gimmick to try make people care about him again.
Tries to make call backs to when he was good but it just servies as a reminder of how bad he is now. (Sonic 4 = Kane getting the mask back a few years ago)
Has a fanbase full of creepers.

Nah nah.

Sonic and Sting occurred at the same time, for the most part. Sonic arrived a bit later. Both just scream 1990s COOL! Dreamcast dies, WCW dies. Sonic keeps making games anyway on other consoles, no one cares about the games but there's still the idea that Sonic is supremely important as a mascot. Sting keeps working in TNA, no one cares about what's happening but there's still the idea he's a megastar.

Sonic just managed to jump into Smash Bros. before Sting jumped to WWE.

I'm excited for Sting, but I can't lie, I don't have any lasting memories of Sting that exist independent of seeing old footage on DVDs. I remember watching him with neon face paint, then he went goth crow, had a bat, joined the Wolfpac, WCW died and he never joined WWE. He was my first wrestling action figure tho, Surfer Sting with his arms in the air.

EDIT: Aw yes, found it. The tiny one on the right. Beat the hell out of that thing until the face paint wore off.

LOTRStingGaloobSting.jpg

Sephzilla

Nah nah.

Sonic and Sting occurred at the same time, for the most part. Sonic arrived a bit later. Both just scream 1990s COOL! Dreamcast dies, WCW dies. Sonic keeps making games anyway on other consoles, no one cares about the games but there's still the idea that Sonic is supremely important as a mascot. Sting keeps working in TNA, no one cares about what's happening but there's still the idea he's a megastar.

Sonic just managed to jump into Smash Bros. before Sting jumped to WWE.

I'm excited for Sting, but I can't lie, I don't have any lasting memories of Sting that exist independent of seeing old footage on DVDs. I remember watching him with neon face paint, then he went goth crow, had a bat, joined the Wolfpac, WCW died and he never joined WWE. He was my first wrestling action figure tho, Surfer Sting with his arms in the air.

Sting debuted 6 years prior to Sonic 1 being released.

Sting was a world champion before Sonic happened.

strobogo

Banned
Dang. That hits the nail on the head several times over. Really though, as a Christian, we should follow the teachings of Jesus. Not God (that's WCW), and not Peter (that's TNA). And just remember that Paul basically said that Peter was a good religious leader (liar), not Jesus. I'm sure that people would be quite surprised to find out that Jesus is annoyed with Peter and Paul. Seriously, the truth would have made Christianity MUCH smoother in the short term. Kinda odd if ya ask me.

You should read Luke if you haven't already. It's definitely the most interesting of the four Jesus Editions. Well, at least the Catholic one, anyway. I forget as to whether or not it's any BETTER, but it's definitely the most enjoyable to watch. At worst, it's a dumb summer blockbuster that you can enjoy.

Yeah I read Luke. The 4 Gospels are the only things Christians should pay attention to, in my opinion. There is also a few lines that imply Jesus was annoyed with the Jews and their lack of faith, just like God was in the Old Testament. Though much, much, much, much less murderous. Everyone talks about John, but to me that feels like the Attitude Era Jesus that doesn't hold up. Although I do like the extra details given to the time he had a yappapi strap match in the temple. Over all I thought Matthew was probably the best of the gospels and really laid everything out that needed to be laid out. The other 3 don't really add much.

Paul bragging about calling Peter out IN PUBLIC IF YOU WHEEL really pissed me off. Telling Peter, the guy Jesus loved the most and put in charge, that he's doing it wrong. Fuck off, Paul. I really can't explain how negative a reaction I have to Paul. Before I even got through the first paragraph if Acts I started feeling weird about it. The more I read, the more it just felt like this guy was...malevolent. Wrong. A scam artist. The only time I've had this feeling was one time when I had sleep paralysis and saw this weird black cloud thing with a face in it outside my window that felt evil as fuck. I'm talking if Kaientai and Ministry Undertaker had a Damon Kane love child. That overwhelming feeling that fills your whole body and makes you want to cry and throw up. I had it about that guy even BEFORE all the crazy shit that would go on to piss me off. I can't explain that feeling. But god damn do I think that piece of shit was the legit antichrist and at times seems to be bragging about it if you are of that mind set about him.

All I have left are Peter 1/2, John 1-3, Jude, and Revelations. I will have to go back to the Old Testament sometime, though. It stops on such a huge cliff hanger. Moses dies. Jews reach the edge of the promise land and head in to slaughter everyone. WE'RE OUTTA TIME. Carny mother fuckers.

Other odds and ends from the show:

The ring crew changed ring aprons 3 times during Raw. Every time an angle with something leading to TLC would have a special Raw apron with tables, ladders, and chairs on it. Then they would change it to the standard apron for things like Gabriel/Fandonger and the interspecies tag match. Seemed really weird to me.

That seems incredibly stupid from a company that pimped the TLC event multiple times during SS, especially with both Bray/Ambrose matches ending in "THIS IS JUST A TASTE OF WHAT YOU CAN GET FOR ONLY $9.99 IN THREE WEEKS TIME!".

Keep the TLC apron 24/7 until TLC. It's inoffensive advertising that doesn't irritate the consumer, do it.

What would be the benefit of swapping it? Are they ashamed of the Fandango and Bunny matches?

kiguel182

Well I liked Raw. Watchin it 40 minutes at a time really helps.

Bryan being back was great (even if it was just to give people something since Sting wasn't there) and I liked the cliffhanger at the end.

Noble and Mercury being all hyped for the main-event while Rollins was pissed as fuck was fun. Probably my favourite part of the show. That first spot they had on the match actually made me laugh.

Hasney

Sting debuted 6 years prior to Sonic 1 being released.

Sting was a world champion before Sonic happened.

So instead of Sonic, Sting is Segas home console business?

Him and the Master System both debuted in the same year and even stopped being relevant at the same time.

strobogo

Banned
Well I liked Raw. Watchin it 40 minutes at a time really helps.

Bryan being back was great (even if it was just to give people something since Sting wasn't there) and I liked the cliffhanger at the end.

Noble and Mercury being all hyped for the main-event while Rollins was pissed as fuck was fun. Probably my favourite part of the show. That first spot they had on the match actually made me laugh.

You should watch it 4 hours at a time with the pyro making your ears ring in a hard metal seat and knowing commentary is so bad that you can tell by just LOOKING at the commentators from the balcony.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
That Usos doc was pretty good. I didn't know they were a part of Booker T's promotion.

I liked it too, watched it at lunch. A good 30 minutes to spend your time with, highly recommended. Lots of Umaga love.

kiguel182

You should watch it 4 hours at a time with the pyro making your ears ring in a hard metal seat and knowing commentary is so bad that you can tell by just LOOKING at the commentators from the balcony.

I read your report. I was not envious.

But at least you didn't have to hear them. Not everything was bad.

strobogo

Banned
What if Sting was in the MCU, guys

That would be DOPE. I hope he's in GOTG 2. Thanos is causing a bunch of trouble. Sting drops down from another planet.

Starlord: Oh my god! That's STING! 2 time NWA champion! 5 time WCW Champion! 2 time WCW US Champion! I love it!

DMczaf

That would be DOPE. I hope he's in GOTG 2. Thanos is causing a bunch of trouble. Sting drops down from another planet.

Starlord: Oh my god! That's STING! 2 time NWA champion! 5 time WCW Champion! 2 time WCW US Champion! I love it!

And then you go to the Agents of SHIELD tapping the next night.

RP912

Banned
It is but the wrestling landscape now is the WWE is 1 and 2 while everyone else fights for number 3.

Right now in Viewership ROH is number 3 in the US right now.

With NJPW finally getting a tv deal, tna "revamping" for their deal, and lucha underground in the mix...the landscape will eventually change imo. We finally getting options instead of being on some late 90s trading vhs tapes type of shit with indy promotions.

Nekofrog

Banned
i love how it's convenient for WCW to be a shitshow joke when it's convenient for vince but when they need its biggest star that talk goes out the window (for a little while)

somedevil

With NJPW finally getting a tv deal, tna "revamping" for their deal, and lucha underground in the mix...the landscape will eventually change imo. We finally getting options instead of being on some late 90s trading vhs tapes type of shit with indy promotions.

The landscape is different now with all different types of wrestling but the problem is all those shows are on networks that no one really gets.

New Japan and TNA and Lucha is on channels that people don't get or need to pay more to get to see it. I don't have Axs tv or EL Ray but do have DA.

ROH problem is its not shown everywhere and at different times and days but it shown on better channels compared to the others.

Basically WWE is the King while all others will be great niche shows.

Yeah I read Luke. The 4 Gospels are the only things Christians should pay attention to, in my opinion. There is also a few lines that imply Jesus was annoyed with the Jews and their lack of faith, just like God was in the Old Testament. Though much, much, much, much less murderous. Everyone talks about John, but to me that feels like the Attitude Era Jesus that doesn't hold up. Although I do like the extra details given to the time he had a yappapi strap match in the temple. Over all I thought Matthew was probably the best of the gospels and really laid everything out that needed to be laid out. The other 3 don't really add much.

Paul bragging about calling Peter out IN PUBLIC IF YOU WHEEL really pissed me off. Telling Peter, the guy Jesus loved the most and put in charge, that he's doing it wrong. Fuck off, Paul. I really can't explain how negative a reaction I have to Paul. Before I even got through the first paragraph if Acts I started feeling weird about it. The more I read, the more it just felt like this guy was...malevolent. Wrong. A scam artist. The only time I've had this feeling was one time when I had sleep paralysis and saw this weird black cloud thing with a face in it outside my window that felt evil as fuck. I'm talking if Kaientai and Ministry Undertaker had a Damon Kane love child. That overwhelming feeling that fills your whole body and makes you want to cry and throw up. I had it about that guy even BEFORE all the crazy shit that would go on to piss me off. I can't explain that feeling. But god damn do I think that piece of shit was the legit antichrist and at times seems to be bragging about it if you are of that mind set about him.

All I have left are Peter 1/2, John 1-3, Jude, and Revelations. I will have to go back to the Old Testament sometime, though. It stops on such a huge cliff hanger. Moses dies. Jews reach the edge of the promise land and head in to slaughter everyone. WE'RE OUTTA TIME. Carny mother fuckers.

The 4 gospels are the only things Christians should live by, and even then, they shouldn't be taken word-for-word. Matthew is technically the best, yes~ Perhaps the reason why the New Testament is better than the old Testament is because Jesus just seems like a laid-back guy, y'know. The type who'd hug someone, instead of smiting them. The Old Testament is, well, old! Outdated, really. I'm sorry, but it should largely be kept as a history piece. I think it's up to modern Christians to write the Ruthless Aggression Testament.

... Oh, no, hang on a minute.

Anyways, yeah. Paul was at best a terrible writer, and at worst a complete liar. In fact, I am rather certain that a recently revealed ancient scroll stated that his surname was Heyman... MY CLIENT PETER CAN OUT-DO ANY MAN. But yeah, what the hell did he know? I'm all for having different perspectives, but he flat-out denied much of Peter's teachings. Can't really trust it as an accurate book, really. :c

And the Old Testament sort of has a time skip of around about 7000 years, with exception of isolated "masterpieces" such as Song of Songs. I'm sure that someone in Hollywood could cash in on them 7000 years... Ah, well.

In regards to the Old Testament being much worse than the New one, there's a very good reason for that: To gain the favour of God, you should give out loaves of tasty bread and delicious fish, rather than attempt to sacrifice your own freakin' son to God (Thanks Abraham). If you ever get annoyed, you should overturn some tables and shout a bit, not drown an entire army who were just doing their jobs. Really, if you don't follow peace, then you're an outdated Christian, even among Christians (huehue).

... Anyways, Wrasslin'! I do enjoy talking about the Bible, but we should instead be talking about sweaty menm

I think people tuned in in anticipation of Big Show explaining his actions at Survivor Series. Many people tuned out when he didn't open the show, but some came back when he came on at the 3rd hour

RP912

Banned
The landscape is different now with all different types of wrestling but the problem is all those shows are on networks that no one really gets.

New Japan and TNA and Lucha is on channels that people don't get or need to pay more to get to see it. I don't have Axs tv or EL Ray but do have DA.

ROH problem is its not shown everywhere and at different times and days but it shown on better channels compared to the others.

Basically WWE is the King while all others will be great niche shows.

True...and factor in the demographic shifting towards online streaming instead of watching cable. Until a company embrace that demographic, of course WWE will be number one since they know their audience.

RBH

I can't believe I missed this news from the MMA thread:

New York, NY - November 18, 2014 – Bellator 131 knocked out the competition on Saturday, November 15 with record ratings for the emerging MMA franchise under new president Scott Coker. The Bellator 131 main event between Tito Ortiz and Stephan Bonnar (11:50pm-12:16am) drew 1.8 million viewers, peaking at 2 million, making it the most-watched and highest–rated MMA fight on cable in 2014.

The Ortiz-Bonnar fight ranks as 2nd highest-rated MMA fight telecast in all of television with Men 18-34 and Men 18-49, including broadcast, in 2014. Also, Ortiz-Bonnar ranked #2 in its timeslot in all of cable with Men 18-34 and Men 18-49.

390x270xtitoPNG.png.speedilic.ic.CaQK0wvCMf.jpg

Heel

Friend Heel, are you happy that the #PushZiggy movement finally started to blossom?

#PushZiggy, the grassroots movement that refused to fade.

We Tweeted, Touted, and BlackPlaneted. We distributed flyers to families and children at house shows and television tapings, Hijacking RAW with various chants so our voices would be heard once and for all. We're a part of the show, after all.

#PushZiggy, the grassroots movement that refused to fade.

We Tweeted, Touted, and BlackPlaneted. We distributed flyers to families and children at house shows and television tapings, Hijacking RAW with various chants so our voices would be heard once and for all. We're a part of the show, after all.

ig79hm9CpvJsS.gif

strobogo

Banned
The 4 gospels are the only things Christians should live by, and even then, they shouldn't be taken word-for-word. Matthew is technically the best, yes~ Perhaps the reason why the New Testament is better than the old Testament is because Jesus just seems like a laid-back guy, y'know. The type who'd hug someone, instead of smiting them. The Old Testament is, well, old! Outdated, really. I'm sorry, but it should largely be kept as a history piece. I think it's up to modern Christians to write the Ruthless Aggression Testament.

... Oh, no, hang on a minute.

Anyways, yeah. Paul was at best a terrible writer, and at worst a complete liar. In fact, I am rather certain that a recently revealed ancient scroll stated that his surname was Heyman... MY CLIENT PETER CAN OUT-DO ANY MAN. But yeah, what the hell did he know? I'm all for having different perspectives, but he flat-out denied much of Peter's teachings. Can't really trust it as an accurate book, really. :c

And the Old Testament sort of has a time skip of around about 7000 years, with exception of isolated "masterpieces" such as Song of Songs. I'm sure that someone in Hollywood could cash in on them 7000 years... Ah, well.

In regards to the Old Testament being much worse than the New one, there's a very good reason for that: To gain the favour of God, you should give out loaves of tasty bread and delicious fish, rather than attempt to sacrifice your own freakin' son to God (Thanks Abraham). If you ever get annoyed, you should overturn some tables and shout a bit, not drown an entire army who were just doing their jobs. Really, if you don't follow peace, then you're an outdated Christian, even among Christians (huehue).

... Anyways, Wrasslin'! I do enjoy talking about the Bible, but we should instead be talking about sweaty menm

I don't see how you can disregard the Old Testament, since everything is one giant, long, confusing, violent, bloody, SWERVY build up to Jesus. And Jesus quotes it all the time and told others to follow it and know about it. It seems to me that a lot of Christians disgregard it because

1. It's super long
  2. It's boring at times
  3. It's really violent and portrays God in a pretty terrible light, which causes conflict with God of the New Testament
  4. That CARNY MOTHER FUCKER Paul would lead you to believe you don't need to worry about any of that shit

But the way I'm reading it at least, you can't have one without the other. You can't disregard the Old Testament, because without all that stuff in there, Jesus wouldn't have been sent. At the very least, you'd be confused and miss out on a lot of stuff Jesus said if you didn't at least have some passing knowledge of major stories of the OT. If you believe Jesus is the Christ/Only Begotten/Messiah/Rad Mofo, then you need to read to OT, because his debut was starting to build right from the Garden of Eden story. WWE would kill for that long term booking. I mean, there is a lot of stuff you can probably skip and be fine. But you wouldn't go see The Godfather Part II without watching The Godfather, would you?

Top Bottom