• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| Ask Not The Jobber How John Cena Wins

DMczaf

Most likely, Sting will do one WWE match, at WrestleMania, probably against HHH. Dwayne Johnson, who teased a match with HHH recently, signed to do a movie in the spring. Sting had long said that he wanted to face Undertaker at WrestleMania, but if that’s not possible, his choice would be HHH. A decade ago, Johnson wanted a match with Sting, figuring Sting and Randy Savage were his two dream matches left on the table, and then Savage passed away. If the match goes well, and there is clamor for more, he could always do another match. He should probably make sporadic appearances for the next few months, and be a regular weekly character down the home stretch.

Sting vs Rock...

I'm already blown up.

DMczaf

In addition, with Sting as a major character in the video game just being released, the timing was right for him to debut as a character on television. WWE also likes to tease something at Survivor Series to start the ball rolling for WrestleMania. There are few more rabbits they can pull out of their hat that would get the initial impact, perhaps only Goldberg (based on DVD sales), but Goldberg is much tougher than Sting to do business with and they never even came close last year even when Goldberg vs. Ryback seemed like a natural match-up based on organic fan interest.

Goldberg's DVD was a huge seller, and Sting's apperanced caused almost a million additional viewers to tune into Raw (and then immediately tune out once they realized he wasn't going to be there).

So...13 years later, Vince has to depend on WCW homegrown talent to save his company. Ha.

Now I gotta find the footage of what Nexus member fucked with Punk's eye. This interview is super interesting also.

And that doctor story is supremely fucked up.

DMczaf

B3afoW5CcAAFKTF.jpg:large

Fox318

They should have been unionized somewhere during the mid 90s. I really hope it gets better for the wrestlers.

It seems crazy that NONE of these wrestlers have tried to file suits for some of this shit.

The Doctor stuff he described sounds like a clear violation of HIPAA laws.

Punk walked out after he got a concussion in the Royal Rumble and didn't want to deal with their stupid test. All the other stuff added up but that's what broke the camel's back.

Fox318

So, like their shows, it's disorganized?

I've heard that they sign everyone to independent contract deals so they can avoid paying health care for their employees but them disregarding doctors advice and them having Hayes make calls to peoples doctors when they aren't paying the bill sounds.

And they fucking wonder why Benoit happened.

Seems as though the AoW page has been tampered with

Unknown Host

Description: Unable to locate the server requested --- the server does not have a DNS entry. Perhaps there is a misspelling in the server name, or the server no longer exists. Double-check the name and try again.

Fox318

Punk sounds like he's in a really great place right night. Glad he got out when he did.

There are definitely parts where you can see he is hard to work with but to his credit wrestlers are way underpaid compared to other performers and the company is so mismanaged by guys like Hunter, Hayes, Dunn, and Vince it would drive anyone nuts.

I knew the heathcare stuff was bad but if Punk is telling the truth it sounds so fucking insane. WWE doctors in on the take and shit.

Also Punk really really really hated working with Ryback.

Top Bottom