• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| Ask Not The Jobber How John Cena Wins

There are definitely parts where you can see he is hard to work with but to his credit wrestlers are way underpaid compared to other performers and the company is so mismanaged by guys like Hunter, Hayes, Dunn, and Vince it would drive anyone nuts.

I knew the heathcare stuff was bad but if Punk is telling the truth it sounds so fucking insane. WWE doctors in on the take and shit.

Also Punk really really really hated working with Ryback.

Yup, I'd hang more shit on him for being a prick but he is upfront about his attitude so I can let it slide for the most part.

Great interview, some really eye opening stories on there. Sounds like WWE stonewalled him a lot out of spite after he resigned and used his good ideas on/with other wrestlers.

Fox318

WWE doctors refusing care to their employees because they have work the next night sounds like enough to shut the company down.

somedevil

WWE doctors refusing care to their employees because they have work the next night sounds like enough to shut the company down.

So will this happen before or after the NFL is shut down for covering up concussions, not treating there older players who are having health problems or after the DEA raided them for doctors handing out pain pills to keep players on the field?

B3afoW5CcAAFKTF.jpg:large

I wonder how large her clitoris is...

.... what?....we were all thinkin it....

Ugh, the stuff about PPV changing to Network is depressing as fuck. Like people already said, they need a union or at least some kind of representation to stop getting fucked over/around so much. Blind leading the blind.

Fox318

Wow. Punk having a fucking staph infection and the WWE doctors not knowing and not telling him to get it taken care of.

Vince literally let one of his big money makers walk out of the fucking door to put his son in law over and not wanting to pay for proper healthcare.

Fox318

Holy shit
They fedexed his termination papers on his wedding day. Why does AJ even want to work for this fucking company?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Holy shit
They fedexed his termination papers on his wedding day. Why does AJ even want to work for this fucking company?

To be fair on this point he's the one the walked out on them and they did need to get things finalized what, a month after that. No need to work on the schedule of someone who broke contract.

And the balls when they
say he quit in his hometown during the Payback PPV.

Errr, he did quit.

To be fair on this point he's the one the walked out on them and they did need to get things finalized what, a month after that. No need to work on the schedule of someone who broke contract.

Errr, he did quit.

Yeah I know I was posting as I reacted to what Punk was saying, and didn't really think things through. Still a tremendously fucked up situation in all fronts.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Yep, Ryback is wreckless as hell and for such a jacked dude seemingly has trouble lifting a lot of guys. I still like him though and I don't really know why.

This business is what it is, sad to say. Worst part is this is the sanitized end of it. Some real shameful shit has gone down according to some old timey accounts and even in the Hulkamania era you'd still get occasional really violent confrontations over money/drugs/results what have you. It is carny as fuck.

He hasn't really talked about Rock in a negative light... doesn't want to burn those bridges going to Hollywood*

or maybe Rock's 'ight

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Jesse Ventura tried to get it done, but Hulk snitched on him, and that's why Jesse went to WCW.

Nope, the Union thing was in the 70's! What got Ventura over to WCW was...kideogames. Ventura had a likeness deal with Sega while Vince was Nintendo all the way with LJN/Acclaim. That and a bit of a row over royalties for the VHS versions of the PPV and Jessie jumped ship.

Fox318

i'm suddenly less excited for the HHH era, dude sounds just as carny as Vince

The failure of the network really shows that they need an outside mind with a grasp on society and culture.

They fucking run a company that should make billions every year like dipshits.

MLS has way less viewers and they have a better TV deal. WWE should be content that people want on their channel since its DVR proof when compared to other content. But they have a shit TV deal because ad buyers don't trust the company and they view their main target audience as uneducated lower class whites that wouldn't purchase any product.

Network could have been great if their was a wrestling fan in every household but they diluted what made the product a hit in the 90s because Vince's wife wanted a senate seat. Instead you cannibalized your business and at this point you can't get the toothpaste back in the tube. WWE has lost alot of money this year and does anyone see it getting better? They don't have any new company to raid for talent and unless they want to bring back more old names or bring AJ styles in to paralyze people they don't have much to work with.

For as much as people think HHH will do a good job look at how far Bray has fallen. Sure Dunn, Hayes, and Vince were the guys who pushed Cena over but he was one of HHH main guys and he is fucking lost out their ever week and they just spent time to rebuild him.

Plus this shit is why Shane left. He had idea that could have revolutionized the business but his dad wouldn't let go so he said fuck it and left. Espically after Dunn ruined WWECW.

Top Bottom