• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| Ask Not The Jobber How John Cena Wins

Vee_One

Will listen to this when I get home
From Jerichos recent podcast I was under the impression that in the last couple of years they have really stepped up their game re: medical issues and concussions.

The failure of the network really shows that they need an outside mind with a grasp on society and culture.

They fucking run a company that should make billions every year like dipshits.

MLS has way less viewers and they have a better TV deal. WWE should be content that people want on their channel since its DVR proof when compared to other content. But they have a shit TV deal because ad buyers don't trust the company and they view their main target audience as uneducated lower class whites that wouldn't purchase any product.

Network could have been great if their was a wrestling fan in every household but they diluted what made the product a hit in the 90s because Vince's wife wanted a senate seat. Instead you cannibalized your business and at this point you can't get the toothpaste back in the tube. WWE has lost alot of money this year and does anyone see it getting better? They don't have any new company to raid for talent and unless they want to bring back more old names or bring AJ styles in to paralyze people they don't have much to work with.

For as much as people think HHH will do a good job look at how far Bray has fallen. Sure Dunn, Hayes, and Vince were the guys who pushed Cena over but he was one of HHH main guys and he is fucking lost out their ever week and they just spent time to rebuild him.

Plus this shit is why Shane left
. He had idea that could have revolutionized the business but his dad wouldn't let go so he said fuck it and left. Espically after Dunn ruined WWECW.

So, I'm assuming they're not on speaking terms now?

CM Punk mustn't have played Far Cry 3. Dude eventually woke up to it in the end I guess.

He hasn't really talked about Rock in a negative light... doesn't want to burn those bridges going to Hollywood*

or maybe Rock's 'ight

Pretty sure he got along with the part timers fine, his issue was with creative/Vince for wasting the time/spotlight on the part timers.

Plus this shit is why Shane left. He had idea that could have revolutionized the business but his dad wouldn't let go so he said fuck it and left.
What's the story here? I loved seeing Shane back in the 90's.

Fox318

Will listen to this when I get home
From Jerichos recent podcast I was under the impression that in the last couple of years they have really stepped up their game re: medical issues and concussions.

If everything punk is saying is true this man fucking evil

Uf2h1cI.jpg

They need a doctor with independent ties. Right now WWE is flooding the market with wrasslin and nobody is giving a shit.

Fox318

So, I'm assuming they're not on speaking terms now?

CM Punk mustn't have played Far Cry 3. Dude eventually woke up to it in the end I guess.

Pretty sure he got along with the part timers fine, his issue was with creative/Vince for wasting the time/spotlight on the part timers.

What's the story here? I loved seeing Shane back in the 90's.

Vince put Shane in charge of WWE.com and he wanted to make the site the home for all wrestling and other things. He wanted to report on other promotions and make it so fans wanted to go to their site for everything. Think bleacher report/grantland for wrasslin and culture. That fell through and then he wanted to revive ECW and make it its own promotion but Vince had guys like Kevin Dunn in his ear talking about how the WWECW brand needed more WWE and that the ECW brand was worthless. Heyman got fucking fired because of the December to Dismember fallout where he wanted to put over punk but Vince liked Bobby Ashley's body and thought that everyone would love him.

That's when Shane realized that Hunter married his way up the food chain and that his dad would never relinquish control and moved on to new ventures.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
The medical story was the worst. Ugh, the poor wrasslers.

Also p. sure Punk takes a jab at Jericho near the end.

Cena is a fucking dunce;

"John tried to roll out of a Muta Lock at Night of Champions and twisted my knee, while he twisted his ankle."

Right now WWE is flooding the market with wrasslin and nobody is giving a shit.

That's the way it will always be. There are a ton of good alternatives out there, but people aren't willing to pay when there's 8 hours of free WWE TV every week to compete with. Also, lol indies, I don't speak Japanese, lucha is dumb, British wrestling isn't believable and other excuses for staying inside the WWE bubble.

Vince put Shane in charge of WWE.com and he wanted to make the site the home for all wrestling and other things. He wanted to report on other promotions and make it so fans wanted to go to their site for everything. Think bleacher report/grantland for wrasslin and culture. That fell through and then he wanted to revive ECW and make it its own promotion but Vince had guys like Kevin Dunn in his ear talking about how the WWECW brand needed more WWE and that the ECW brand was worthless. Heyman got fucking fired because of the December to Dismember fallout where he wanted to put over punk but Vince liked Bobby Ashley's body and thought that everyone would love him.

That's when Shane realized that Hunter married his way up the food chain and that his dad would never relinquish control and moved on to new ventures.

Thank you.

Fox318

Cena is a fucking dunce;

"John tried to roll out of a Muta Lock at Night of Champions and twisted my knee, while he twisted his ankle."

That's the way it will always be. There are a ton of good alternatives out there, but people aren't willing to pay when there's 8 hours of free WWE TV every week to compete with. Also, lol indies, I don't speak Japanese, lucha is dumb, British wrestling isn't believable and other excuses for staying inside the WWE bubble.

Its not just that. The humor segments have devalued the product so much its almost beyond repair. For as much as people love the Mizdow stuff think about it. What does it expose? It exposes that this isn't a sport, this is fake, and why should you care if it isn't real? When Mizdow does a spot it is making us laugh because we all know that the shit is fake and it doesn't matter. Its why guys like Cena never sell anymore.

Its not just that. The humor segments have devalued the product so much its almost beyond repair. For as much as people love the Mizdow stuff think about it. What does it expose? It exposes that this isn't a sport, this is fake, and why should you care if it isn't real? When Mizdow does a spot it is making us laugh because we all know that the shit is fake and it doesn't matter.

Look at that 4-way tag from the PPV - the only reason to care was Mizdow shenanigans and El Torito doing some flippy stuff. The match itself had no fucking heat, the belts haven't been elevated in any way, there's no real storyline involved and the 'tag division' as a whole is pathetic. No one wants to see any form of Usos/Dust Brothers ever again. Matadors are just a vehicle for Torito. Mizdow are just a comedy act destined to split up a month or two down the line. There is no tag division, it's a joke.

Fox318

Meanwhile...

oXwNhGv.jpg

dsNahje.jpg

Triple H and Stephanie McMahon accept Sports Legacy Institute's 2013 Impact Award: photos

That guy on the right who formed the company....former WWE wrestler Chris Nowinski.

Top Bottom