• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| Ask Not The Jobber How John Cena Wins

Fox318

I don't often say this, but damn you're coming across as marks taking everything CM Punk said as 100% Gospel.

Dude does seem a little clueless for not seeing Cena Rock 2. The whole reason rock won was for the rematch in NYC.

Vince knew where the money marketing wise was and punk only saw the talent disparity.

Though fucking imagine if Punk beat undertaker or if it was a triple threat? You would have fucking elevated Punk as an equal to Cena instead of Cena being on an island like he is now.

Punk says he hired a very vicious lawyer to go after WWE and fight their claim of breach of contract. In the end, he got a settlement that gave him everything he asked for and more. Punk's not allowed to talk about the settlement.

The fuck.

It's easy to believe the worst about this piece of shit company.

Yeah, I get that just seems odd everyone is lapping it up, but then this is CM Punk and the internet.

Fox318

The fuck.

He isn't allowed to release the figure. Vince doesn't want to look bad in front of shareholders when all he had to do was mail 2 checks instead of paying legal fees for playing chicken with a man he had no power over.

also look at the sports institute first achievement
wPryFDG.png

KissVibes

Banned
The fuck.

Yeah, I get that just seems odd everyone is lapping it up, but then this is CM Punk and the internet.

If CM Punk was going to spit a bunch of lies, he could've gotten a fat ass paycheck for it. Him doing it on doofy indie guy podcast for free adds credibility to it. He also could've done it waaaay earlier.

If CM Punk was going to spit a bunch of lies, he could've gotten a fat ass paycheck for it. Him doing it on doofy indie guy podcast for free adds credibility to it. He also could've done it waaaay earlier.

Yeah, way more credible on his friend's podcast.

He isn't allowed to release the figure. Vince doesn't want to look bad in front of shareholders when all he had to do was mail 2 checks instead of paying legal fees for playing chicken with a man he had no power over.

Yeah that makes sense, I just find it odd the way it was written down. He 'can't talk about the Settlement, but he talked about it by mentioning it' kind of way.

Fox318

9IASWQv.png

Yeah, way more credible on his friend's podcast.

Yeah that makes sense, I just find it odd the way it was written down. He 'can't talk about the Settlement, but he talked about it by mentioning it' kind of way.

"...For a fictional portrait to be actionable, it must be so accurate that a reader of the book would have no problem linking the two," said Mr. Friedman. Thus, he continued, libel lawyers have what is known as 'the small penis rule.' One way authors can protect themselves from libel suits is to say that a character has a small penis, Mr. Friedman said. "Now no male is going to come forward and say, 'That character with a very small penis, that's me!' "
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Small_penis_rule

Punk can say what he wants because right now of all times Vince doesn't want to admit how much money he lost.

Wrestling fans aren't too smart after all.

A guy talking shit looking to spin a story doesn't declare his biases upfront and he has nothing to gain. His friends podcast is the endgame? Okay.

Cryptic line about NOAH in the Observer this week;

"There is some major news from here brewing."

Also, seems like TMDK may be loaned out to New Japan next year, presumably in return for more talent exchanges. That'll definitely be a boost to the tag division, lots of fresh matches there.

Dammit, bean. Also, what does it matter that it's his friend's podcast? He could've gone to RF or Kayfabe Commentaries and got himself some shoot interview money. But he didn't.

thank you, friend bean breath
Cryptic line about NOAH in the Observer this week;

"There is some major news from here brewing."

Also, seems like TMDK may be loaned out to New Japan next year, presumably in return for more talent exchanges. That'll definitely be a boost to the tag division, lots of fresh matches there.

what, tired of seeing KES vs. TenKoji?

Omega

Banned
Some of this shit is hilarious, some of it is just downright disappointing.

While Punk is going to be bias on some stuff, I doubt he's pulling shit out of his ass.

"Regarding the New Japan World press conference on 12/1, it is being described as a TV and Internet connection. The New Japan blogger on the TV-Asahi site (TV-Asahi, which co-owns the New Japan archives is a partner in the project so if it’s on their site it’s probably accurate) said it would be like the WWE Network. We’ve had some speculation that CMLL may be involved with this since the two promotions are business partners on the tour and Mistico cut a promo for something in Japan a few months back, which may have been for this."

Hnnggg, a NJPW/CMLL WWE Network-like streaming service? Gawd, I hope this is available internationally.

KissVibes

Banned
"Regarding the New Japan World press conference on 12/1, it is being described as a TV and Internet connection. The New Japan blogger on the TV-Asahi site (TV-Asahi, which co-owns the New Japan archives is a partner in the project so if it’s on their site it’s probably accurate) said it would be like the WWE Network. We’ve had some speculation that CMLL may be involved with this since the two promotions are business partners on the tour and Mistico cut a promo for something in Japan a few months back, which may have been for this."

Hnnggg, a NJPW/CMLL WWE Network-like streaming service? Gawd, I hope this is available internationally.

Imagine this being more successful than the Network.

Couple of likely matches for the FantasticaMania tour;

"They are planning to do both Atlantis vs. Ultimo Guerrero and Sombra vs. Volador Jr. as singles matches on the tour to give people the last two year’s Anniversary show main events."

Also, New Japan planning to run Sumo Hall a lot more in 2015;

"There are plans for even more ambitious doubles this year, as the plans are to run Sumo Hall two straight nights in April for Invasion Attack I & II and two straight nights in October for King of Pro Wrestling I & II."

Damn, that's ambitious as hell. Ryogoku doesn't normally sell out for anything but the G1 (although they did sell it out for King of Pro-Wrestling this year), so running back-to-back nights would be pretty crazy. They also want to run the Super Jr's finals in Ryogoku, so that'd be 5 Sumo Hall shows in 2015.

G1 2015 plans;

"There are also plans being made, and I would presume this is for G-1, to do the biggest tournament ever, with top stars from more different promotions along with the New Japan top stars, bringing in more talent from the U.S. (Presumably ROH and GFW), Mexico (CMLL) and other Japanese groups. The company is very ambitious about growing the business this year on an international basis."

The only bad thing about that podcast was it should have been twice as long.

Also have a strange compulsion to cancel my Network subscription right now. That might also be linked to the non-stop 'GET THE REST OF NOVEMBER FREE!' banners on GAF. Cunts.

Vince put Shane in charge of WWE.com and he wanted to make the site the home for all wrestling and other things. He wanted to report on other promotions and make it so fans wanted to go to their site for everything. Think bleacher report/grantland for wrasslin and culture. That fell through and then he wanted to revive ECW and make it its own promotion but Vince had guys like Kevin Dunn in his ear talking about how the WWECW brand needed more WWE and that the ECW brand was worthless. Heyman got fucking fired because of the December to Dismember fallout where he wanted to put over punk but Vince liked Bobby Ashley's body and thought that everyone would love him.

That's when Shane realized that Hunter married his way up the food chain and that his dad would never relinquish control and moved on to new ventures.
Thanks for that. I had thought it odd there wasn't a more effective one stop website for wrestling stuff, although it kinda makes sense since the current WWE ignores the fact the other companies even exist until they buy them.

Where did Shane end up at the moment? Odd he put his ego aside and isn't trying to compete against them.

It's clearer on the podcast, he can't give the dollar figure as that would make WWE look bad for not sending the cheques in the first place. All he can say is he did well out of it.

And while I think Punk is MASSIVELY overrated in-ring, he's a smart guy and great talker and deserved his spot.
Yup, I like his thinking and his promo work more than the actual wrestling. I'd be disappointed if he didn't end up in creative somewhere.

DiscoJon

Banned
LET IT BE KNOW, AND WRITTEN AS THUS. THAT SO, ON THE 27TH OF NOVEMBER IN 2014 THE YEAR OF OUR LORD, THE WRASSLEGAF COMMUNITY FAVORS PHILLIP "CM PUNK" BROOKS ONCE AGAIN.

Cm-Punk-Join-Nexus-wwes-the-nexus-18065218-437-339.jpg

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Just because it continues to confirm that WWE is gross doesn't mean that I favor CM Punk. This is all stuff that anyone who's ever watched a shoot has known about. It just adds another main eventer to the pile of people that WWE was trying to kill so they could get ratings.

I wonder, what's the likelihood of Stone Cold bringing this up during his live podcast with Vince next week?

0%?
1%?

I'm sure he will be told a thousand times not to even think about referring to it or Punk but Steve seems like he would get a kick out of putting Vince on the spot live.

Would be fucking hilarious.

I hope WWE get a chance to defend themselves on the
doctor
front, that shit is really worrying.

I wonder, what's the likelihood of Stone Cold bringing this up during his live podcast with Vince next week?

Oh frick, I forgot about that. There's another podcast I have to re-subscribe to.

Maybe CM Punk's interview was a pre-emptive strike in the event that Vince was planning on discussing it and controlling the narrative.

Vylash

Oh frick, I forgot about that. There's another podcast I have to re-subscribe to.

Maybe CM Punk's interview was a pre-emptive strike in the event that Vince was planning on discussing it and controlling the narrative.

well the podcast is gonna be a network exclusive so...

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
This also reminds me of the whole NXT in-house developmental thing. Let them get in there early, indoctrinate 'em, make them thankful they got this chance and make them kids super loyal, so they won't blab. It's fucking creepy how WWE is.

Top Bottom