• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| Ask Not The Jobber How John Cena Wins

Limit

That's how all big companies work.

Sure. But this is still weird in that the boss of the company is in direct contact with you and asking you to do personal favors for him and at the same time having utter disregard for your long term health, vis a vis an utter disregard for the company's long term future.

There is zero delayed gratification going on here. Makes no sense.

Mengetsu

Why are you people so wrapped up in this "how could they fire him on his wedding day?!" it's just a day. Who gives a shit about the date? If it's time to go, it's time to go.

image.php

Never change

Jamie OD

Vince is legit insane, in case you didn't notice. He treats Punk terribly, then cries and hugs him when Punk has enough and quits.
Brock said something like that as well, when he told Vince he couldn't take the grind of the road any more and was quitting, that Vince said "You can't do this to me" and Brock was just baffled, how Vince turned it around to be about Vince.

A former WWE writer described the company like a cult. They'll break you down and then hug you afterwards.

dream

Now you know why Bobo and I are so happy about the Network's spectacular failure, and openly root for the company to collapse.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
Now you know why Bobo and I are so happy about the Network's spectacular failure, and openly root for the company to collapse.
And let all the innocent workers who really are just trying to make an honest living lose their jobs, yeah that'll show them!

Aiii

So not worth it
Why are you people so wrapped up in this "how could they fire him on his wedding day?!" it's just a day. Who gives a shit about the date? If it's time to go, it's time to go.

Pretty sure your own wedding day isn't "just a day" to most people. And Triple H and Vince knew this, they wanted to get to him.

Alucard

Banned

For sure, but it just seems petty and a cheap shot to try to ruin the guy's day in some way and give him something else to think about when he's already probably stressing about making sure his wedding day goes as smoothly as possible.

Weddings are no joke, brother. Planning them and trying to make sure all of your friends and family are taken care of is all-consuming on that day. Don't need extra shit bogging you down.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
There is nothing honest about what pro wrestlers do, sir.
Hey I'm all for being FnP here, but I'm not going to let this one go.

This is a shoot!

I don't care how carny this business is, there are people who are just trying to do what they love and make money doing it. Be it talent, announcers, writers what have you. Heck, it could be a freaking PA for all I care!

Look, yes, there is a clear problem at the top, we know this for certain. But actively rooting for a big company to die is just because of that is flat out wrong.

Omega

Banned
It's how the 1% works. Murdering people, slaves, etc. when it was legal. Doing whatever they can to opress people legally. Suicidal asians making $300 a month putting together our ps4's. People on gaf saying they'd take 40 million over peace in the middle east. No one gives a fuck about anyone. No one can share the pie.

why'd you have to remind me of that thread.

i think like 4 people said peace including me..

Hasney

Lolll at punk all like eh to trips picking Reigns over Chris Hero.

Considering how hard he had to fight over everything by the sounds of it, 2/3 of the guys he wanted isn't bad and like he said, he was going to be called up regardless so may as well be called up under him where he can learn.

RP912

Banned
Considering how hard he had to fight over everything by the sounds of it, 2/3 of the guys he wanted isn't bad and like he said, he was going to be called up regardless so may as well be called up under him where he can learn.

This is true. It worked out in the end because Hero wouldn't really fit the mold of the shield imo. They already had a talker (ambrose), the wrestler (seth), but not the muscle...and hero is far from the muscle.

Alucard

Banned
Reposting the ROH Final Battle preview hype video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8gar09ZFdI

Cole-vs-Briscoe-Final-Battle-2014.jpg

10 minutes of video packages and promos setting up all of the key match-ups.

ROH: We know more than just 3 matches going into a PPV that's over a week and a half away.

On the official card:

*Main Event*
Fight Without Honor for the ROH World Championship

Jay Briscoe (c) vs Survival of the Fittest ’14 Winner - Adam Cole

ROH World Tag Team Championship
reDRagon (c) vs The Time Splitters (Alex Shelley & KUSHIDA)

ROH World TV Championship
Jay Lethal (c) w/ Truth Martini vs #Reborn Matt Sydal

6-man Tag:
The Young Bucks and ACH vs. The Addiction and Cedric Alexander

Special Challenge Match:
"Unbreakable" Michael Elgin vs "Sicilian Psychopath" Tommaso Ciampa

Grudge Match
R.D. Evans w/ Veda Scott vs Moose w/ Stokely Hathaway

Mentor vs Student
Roderick Strong vs Adam Page w/ BJ Whitmer & Jimmy Jacobs

RP912

Banned
Funny in what way? He clarified by saying he gets that they wanted one of their guys. It's clear though it's not the team he preferred.

Its funny in a way he was kinda meh about having Reigns on the team. It worked out in the end because the idea of Hero being a cold figure of justice is hilarious to even think about...

Hasney

This is true. It worked out in the end because Hero wouldn't really fit the mold of the shield imo. They already had a talker (ambrose), the wrestler (seth), but not the muscle...and hero is far from the muscle.

Shoulda called Hero up with them as a foursome, then they would have had The BIG Guy too.

Mahonay

Banned
Unbelievable.

But of course, because he has the look that gives Vince a boner, and gets cheered by the Cena fanbase, he'll continue to get pushed.
Smarks like him too now. He's gotten a lot better if you've been following his comeback.

People fuck up. Dude was not ready when they put him in those big feuds. Clearly didn't know what the fuck he was doing half the time. I cringed in those matches, so many bad bumps.

He's also great on the mic and charismatic. He's absolutely not the worst person for Vince to be into. Punk had a bad experience with him, it happens in the business a lot unfortunately. Kurt Angle had a horrible experience with Brock in their Wrestlemania match. When bigger dudes work stiff or sloppy, it's a bad time if you're a good bit smaller.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Pretty sure your own wedding day isn't "just a day" to most people. And Triple H and Vince knew this, they wanted to get to him.
It is to almost everyone else everywhere. The only people it isn't just a day to are those involved in it. Businesses are people too, and can't keep up.

Hasney

Nah, Ryback has just been dull in the ring as shit. I don't want to watch anything with him wrestling and it would actively put me off buying a PPV.

He hurts Cena or Orton though and creative will suddenly have nothing for him.

It is to almost everyone else everywhere. The only people it isn't just a day to are those involved in it. Businesses are people too, and can't keep up.

So he's basically in breach of contract in WWEs eyes, suspend him, lie to their investors about it being a sabbatical, do fuck all about it until June when HHH calls him and wants to talk to which Punk says after his honeymoon and then a letter coincidentally comes on his wedding day?

Yeah, that was on purpose.

Ithil

They sent him a FedEx, and they knew that was his wedding day, so they deliberately did it on his wedding. That's just being a dick, and pretty much standard WWE pettines.

Bowser

I love ya Sunny, but you can't be this intentionally dense.

It was clearly specifically delivered on that day out of spite.

Aiii

So not worth it

Yep, Triple H was told two days ahead of time he's getting married, to a girl that works for them no less, and they "didn't know"

Sure Sunny Mac, that's a believable narrative. :D

DMczaf

Just like how Triple H had no idea when the Euro tour was, which is during the same time of the year every year for the last 20 years.

somedevil

I think that Wrestling needs to get out of the mentality you got to work hurt and fix problems where the people get the time off they need to heal.

This is not a WWE problem but a wrestling problem. Its a mentality to work hurt. Its been going on like since the 60's. You have Daniel Bryan who worked a match still after getting his eye caved in and was pissed when the WWE stopped his match after he lost feeling in his arm.

You got the mentality out by making sure that will not be punished for taking time off to heal.

In New Japan this is a problem as well. A guy worked a match with a broken neck and they allowed a man to work with one arm and almost killed a guy trying to do a move on the top rope with one arm.

Top Bottom