• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| Ask Not The Jobber How John Cena Wins

Ithil

The difference in Japan is that it's sort of a "Japanese" mentality, not an NJPW mentality. Pushing yourself past injury or stress in your job is a major problem in that whole country, to the point that they have an actual word/term for "death from overwork".

RP912

Banned
I think that Wrestling needs to get out of the mentality you got to work hurt and fix problems where the people get the time off they need to heal.

This is not a WWE problem but a wrestling problem. Its a mentality to work hurt. Its been going on like since the 60's. You have Daniel Bryan who worked a match still after getting his eye caved in and was pissed when the WWE stopped his match after he lost feeling in his arm.

You got the mentality out by making sure that will not be punished for taking time off to heal.

In New Japan this is a problem as well. A guy worked a match with a broken neck and they allowed a man to work with one arm and almost killed a guy trying to do a move on the top rope with one arm.

The one thing that kills me about this whole "survival of the fittest" mentality in wrestling is the fact that it's suppose to be fake...but they want it to be real as possible. The one way they can bring longevity to wrestlers well being is to have off seasons for promotions....especially WWE.

1981909_941991725828758_3990637895618258008_n.jpg

If you listened to the latest AOW podcast at http://www.Coltcabana.com/ then you now know that we have signed CM Punk to a merch deal. His shirts will go up on Monday morning, rather than Sunday, after our Black Friday event ends. Support CM Punk and buy shirts from HIM instead of all the bootleg sites out there. http://www.prowrestlingtees.com/

The real reason why he just now bothered to do this podcast. Carny motherfucker.

RP912

Banned
We're all gonna feel so stupid when "Phil from Chicago" calls in to The Steve Austin Show on Monday Night.

Phil going to make a statement saying that Austin's not the best...that CM PUNK guy...HE'S THE BEST.

austin- If Punks want's a go then he got a go

wrestlemania 31 main event BOOKED!

UberTag

ROH: We know more than just 3 matches going into a PPV that's over a week and a half away.
What a weird concept!

Next thing you'll tell me that entire undercard of matches is comprised of guys having actual feuds based on either a desire to win a belt or personal animosity with a pre-planned outcome that isn't decided the night of the show.

What a weird concept!

Next thing you'll tell me that entire undercard of matches is comprised of guys having actual feuds based on either a desire to win a belt or personal animosity with a pre-planned outcome that isn't decided the night of the show.
Next your roster isn't old and busted...

UberTag

The one thing that kills me about this whole "survival of the fittest" mentality in wrestling is the fact that it's suppose to be fake...but they want it to be real as possible. The one way they can bring longevity to wrestlers well being is to have off seasons for promotions....especially WWE.
You don't even need to have an off-season. Just routinely cycle guys off the road for 3-4 months out of the year for personal wellness and mandatory sabbaticals. You still run for 12 months a year but you have a different group of guys on vacation at different times. Would even work wonders for the commentary crew. When was the last time Michael Cole had a vacation?

zychi

Banned
You don't even need to have an off-season. Just routinely cycle guys off the road for 3-4 months out of the year for personal wellness and mandatory sabbaticals. You still run for 12 months a year but you have a different group of guys on vacation at different times. Would even work wonders for the commentary crew. When was the last time Michael Cole had a vacation?

Would also allow other wrestlers to be pushed to the top. Say Cena takes a 3 month break, someone else has to fill as the #1 guy

Alucard

Banned
What a weird concept!

mind-blown.gif

Fox318

Bingo.

Instead they would rather ride guys out and they have a very small list of people they truly protect.

Also doesn't help that every raw the objective is to push Cena merch, and make sure Hunter ans Steph always look powerful.

RP912

Banned

True....I seriously don't know why they couldn't do what wcw did and cycle fucking wrestlers. WWE has one of the most amazing rosters since the ruthless aggression era, yet they keep focusing on the same handpicked wrestlers. You have 3 hours of raw, 2 hours of smackdown, 1 hour of main event, and 1 hour of superstars dedicated to the same fucking amount of wrestlers. It's sickening and I feel bad for wrestlers who don't see past the BS.

God forbid we actually have a undercard and a focus midcard storyline, rather than piss filler before Cena comes out.

Friggin carnies I swear...

RP912

Banned
Would also allow other wrestlers to be pushed to the top. Say Cena takes a 3 month break, someone else has to fill as the #1 guy

Sounds like the WWE Then, Now and Forever. Hell Bob Backlund was the top guy in the mid 90s. Everything doesn't revolved around sina, sometimes it's cool to have Fandango as the top guy every so often.

Ithil

You know how their ratings and attendences go down the toilet in football season, and they don't give the slightest crap creatively so all the shows are filler and the PPVs suck?

Why not take like a three month off season after Summerslam, for part of August, then September, October, and part of November. Miss the bad ratings part of the year, let guys recharge and heal up, and then you're back in time for the end of the year and then the Road to Wrestlemania.

Yes, you would lose out on revenue from shows and PPVs during that time, but you can do all sorts during it anyway. What other show goes 52 weeks a year like this with guys run into the ground?

Heel

Let's call a spade a spade, friends. CM Punk wanting to be a walking billboard in the ring is carny as all hell. Not going to blame Vince for not wanting his roster plastered with Dynamic Fastener logos.

RP912

Banned
Maybe Vince is swerving us into believing the company has no fucking clue on how to run a business, but in his mind he's killing his creation.

Vince- If I die dammit, I'm taking wrestling with meeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!

iMax

Let's call a spade a spade, friends. CM Punk wanting to be a walking billboard in the ring is carny as all hell. Not going to blame Vince for not wanting his roster plastered with Dynamic Fastener logos.

He should've just done a Misdow gimmick as Brock and split the revenue with him.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I can't remember who it was, but Punk wasn't the first to try to do the sponsorship thing and have it shot down' for da boyz.' Can't remember who it was in a shoot that talked about it, but I know I've heard that exact same idea before from a New Generation era wrestler.

RP912

Banned

Hell if I'm killing myself every night...atleast let me come to the ring with more logos than a nascar vehicle. Fisher Price, V Tech, Sams Club, Coors Light, Jimmy Johns, Lenovo, Dora the Explorer...I don't give a shit.

I would probably take more UFC / boxing like advertising on wrestlers tights and on the ring turnbuckles then the "lets get some C list actor to promote his shitty movie" stuff and awkward backstage segments promoting fast food we normally get on WWE to be honest.

But I guess if we dont have 20 WWE logos on screen at a time between the TV ident, the ring decorations, the digital signs around the arena and the titantron Vince might think people would forget what they are watching

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So he's basically in breach of contract in WWEs eyes, suspend him, lie to their investors about it being a sabbatical, do fuck all about it until June when HHH calls him and wants to talk to which Punk says after his honeymoon and then a letter coincidentally comes on his wedding day?

Yeah, that was on purpose.

They sent him a FedEx, and they knew that was his wedding day, so they deliberately did it on his wedding. That's just being a dick, and pretty much standard WWE pettines.

I love ya Sunny, but you can't be this intentionally dense.

It was clearly specifically delivered on that day out of spite.

Yep, Triple H was told two days ahead of time he's getting married, to a girl that works for them no less, and they "didn't know"

Sure Sunny Mac, that's a believable narrative. :D

You guys are ridiculous! It's coincidence.

Fox318

That would be awesome. Hell a logo in the middle period would be good for the WWE instead of that bland blue canvas :(.
Apperntly They are working on something like this in NXT.

Cleveland Cavaliers PreGame 3D Court Projection: http://youtu.be/FsZrywjPIb0

But right now no ad buy wants to be a part of this product.

Wcw had the turner connections to help broker deals. Wwe has nothing like that.

Heel

We're all gonna feel so stupid when "Phil from Chicago" calls in to The Steve Austin Show on Monday Night.

Hold on, even WrassleGAF thinks this is a shoot? lol

I've posted my thoughts in the CM Punk thread, and only Sunny seems to realize what's really going on here.

This may be the best swerve since A New Day.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Hold on, even WrassleGAF thinks this is a shoot? lol

I've posted my thoughts in the CM Punk thread, and only Sunny seems to realize what's really going on here.

This may be the best swerve since A New Day.

It's a long con, too. I'm calling Mania 32 for it. This is being worked on with the utmost of secrecy.

Do you people think Phil Brooks even has the business acumen to launch a "tell-all" worked shoot on his good buddy Colt Cabana's show, as a launchpad for his own tshirt store, right before Vince shows up on the Steve Austin show?

The planets are in alignment, the tides respond in tune. It's going to be fun.

DMczaf

Heel and Sunny are working themselves into a shoot.

The fact that he even brings up the U word in the interview should tell you this ain't WWE sanctioned. People get nuked off the planet for saying that word in the WWE.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
A few people to keep an eye on that'll further expose that this is a work. John Pollock, Mauro Ranallo, Court Bauer, and Alex Greenfield are all people to watch. Especially Court Bauer, he can't help himself sometimes.

Heel

It's a long con, too. I'm calling Mania 32 for it. This is being worked on with the utmost of secrecy.

Do you people think Phil Brooks even has the business acumen to launch a "tell-all" worked shoot on his good buddy Colt Cabana's show, as a launchpad for his own tshirt store, right before Vince shows up on the Steve Austin show?

The planets are in alignment, the tides respond in tune. It's going to be fun.

Incredible how easy it is to work an audience that's been trained to only follow story lines that last a month. Wouldn't be surprised if they let this one simmer for another year or two.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Incredible how easy it is to work an audience that's been trained to only follow story lines that last a month. Wouldn't be surprised if they let this one simmer for another year or two.

Furthermore, the fact they are giving another week or so for people to submit questions means they can create any narrative they want, and be very careful with it.

Stay vigilant, my friends. It'll be a hell of a lot of fun so let's not get too caught up in the whole "I TOLD YOU SO!" bullshit, but instead enjoy the ride. :)

Heel

Heel and Sunny are working themselves into a shoot.

The fact that he even brings up the U word in the interview should tell you this ain't WWE sanctioned. People get nuked off the planet for saying that word in the WWE.

Show me the MRSA. Show me the alleged court settlement. Show me the bones.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Union.

And yeah, if this were a work, unionizing wouldn't be mentioned. Hell, several things wouldn't have been mentioned.

But really, I can't believe I'm even entertaining Sunny's silly idea that this could be a work.

Just keep it in the back of your mind. This business is carny to its core.

Top Bottom