• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| Ask Not The Jobber How John Cena Wins

Cesaro retweeted the podcast?

Damn. That poor man gives no fucks.

I dont know why WWE never get behind him for more then a PPV. Dude just looks amazing. Best physique Rick Rude. He does Match of the Show pretty much every show he is on and isnt told just to job in 30 seconds, and he is white so PS Hayes should have a problem. Sure he is European but so is Sheamus and dude gets more shots then he should.

Get fired already and go kick ass in Japan. Be free!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Every person I've ever heard talk about Vince, both as people who liked him and who hate him, consider him a genius. The man's not stupid.

Every person I've ever heard talk about Vince, both as people who liked him and who hate him, consider him a genius. The man's not stupid.

I think it's impossible to argue that he was a genius. I'd question if he still is now though.

I dont know why WWE never get behind him for more then a PPV. Dude just looks amazing. Best physique Rick Rude. He does Match of the Show pretty much every show he is on and isnt told just to job in 30 seconds, and he is white so PS Hayes should have a problem. Sure he is European but so is Sheamus and dude gets more shots then he should.

Cesaro in Bullet Club and him being a part of G1 Climax would be amazing.

jred2k

I'm surprised jmdajr hasn't been in on damage control yet. I loved how much contempt Punk has for that shitty "Hey, who woulda guessed I'd be in a suit?" of HHH's.

Alucard

Banned
What Punk thinks he deserved is really not all that interesting. Because regardless of whether he earned a WM main event, the real story are the two clowns running the company

What is interesting is just how shitty of a job Hunter seems to be doing and how out of touch Vince is.

For 20-30 years people said George Lucas was a genius and everyone loved him. Then people found out that without the right people under him, he turned to outright dogshit. The same can be said of Vince.

Yeah, I also think the real story here is how poorly managed things are. It's the curse of a lot of big companies, unfortunately. The more people you have in management positions, the more difficult it becomes to have a clear vision. The bigger you are, the more management and work suffers in general as you get further and further away from your employees and the ground level of what you're doing. You become disconnected from the people who are working "under" you.

It's also sad that Vince still seems to be calling so many of the shots when he so clearly needs to step away and let someone else take the creative reins. Even then, I don't have much hope that things would improve.

In ROH, there are often year-long feuds and stories that always feel like they're moving forward. You rarely feel like something is going to get dropped and that it won't matter in the end.

Can't wait to see him. Hopefully in CHIKARA too. He's done in The E. Let me tell you something R brother.

RP912

Banned

Of course he's a genius...dude put territories out of business, made a balding blonde guy a household name, beat steroid cases, escape the been wah incident, and created wrestlemania.

I can't stand the guy but I can't deny Vinnie Mac is smart despite his out of touch ideals.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
cm punk clearly kicked off about part timers coming in like losing to the rock and then they dissapear with belt etc.

its telling how they have done exactly the same thing with john cena / brock lesnar a year after all that happend

Fox318

Chants that I would like to hear in arenas after this interview:

-Dumb as fuck! Dumb as fuck! Dumb as fuck! (for Ryback)
-Get a Union! *clap, clap, clap-clap-clap*
-See a re-al doc-tor! *clap, clap, clap-clap-clap* (after injury or what looks like a concussion in the ring)
Dumb as fuck replaces feed me more.

Vylash

Chants that I would like to hear in arenas after this interview:

-Dumb as fuck! Dumb as fuck! Dumb as fuck! (for Ryback)
-Get a Union! *clap, clap, clap-clap-clap*
-See a re-al doc-tor! *clap, clap, clap-clap-clap* (after injury or what looks like a concussion in the ring)

save us, post mania raw

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
just saw this lol

tumblr_nfpwt553A01tvgetbo1_1280.jpg

Aiii

So not worth it
cm punk clearly kicked off about part timers coming in like losing to the rock and then they dissapear with belt etc.

its telling how they have done exactly the same thing with john cena / brock lesnar a year after all that happend

And honestly, does anyone think the WWE title has more prestige now or for anyone care for Brock being the champion? That idea was stupid as fuck, especially after they ruined the SS match by having a return match which showed Cena suddenly being able to match Lesnar blow for blow... Dumb as fuck.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
I think the big issue is that Vince is heavily involved in the creative side of his product, when he really shouldn't be. I think that's another reason NXT works so well, Triple H isn't looking over the writers' shoulders like a hawk adding in whatever he wants like Vince does, but actually let's them do the jobs that they've been paid to do.

I think that something most people, including those actually in the wrestling business, seem not to get is that it's not the CEO's job to write TV. If anything the CEO should actually be kept as far away from the writing department as possible. He should be watching TV as it goes live, acting as quality control, taking note of what works and what doesn't, then passing those along to the "booking" staff so they can fix it. If he were to have direct input of TV, he ceases to be able to have an unbiased opinion of the show; Thus he is unable to properly do his job.

Ithil

That's the big thing about NXT. HHH is in charge but he's not micromanaging everything, breathing down everyone's necks. He has guys with jobs to do and they do them. Of course he's in charge of the direction and personally runs all the TV tapings and live specials, but he doesn't micromanage everything like Vince.

The booker books and the writers write.

Vylash

this is why i think that for all we say "lol creative" it's mainly vince that's the problem, there are countless stories of the creative team having to write for vince and constantly having to rewrite scripts, not to mention they have way too much content to produce

Ithil

Creative's problems are twofold:

1: They're shit. Can't really get around that, they're bottom tier soap opera writers.

2: They don't write to be good, they write to not get fired. The writers have an extremely high turnover rate (as in the average writer lasts a couple of months) because Vince fires them at the drop of a hat. So they don't write to be good, they write to please Vince and not anger him.

somedevil

I think a real problem is you do lack a future plan if you rewrite the script the same day the show is airing and rewriting when the show is happening. You can change some stuff but to ditch everything last minute never works.

I see they let Finn Balor do a brainbuster but has he done the penalty kick before?

Ithil

Yes, the rewrites mean you write say Chapter 1, 2, 3 and 4. They all lead into the next. Then the day of RAW chapter 1 is completely re-written (twice) and no longer syncs with Chapter 2.
The next week the same happens.

In the end your Chapters 1-4 are an incomprehensible mess. Then Vince yells at you for it being a mess and fires you.

Punk hit the nail on the head,. No long term plan for,anyone .

Who,s going over

Well Brock

Whoes here on Monday

Well you

Ok, What's next

Well,how about ryback pal I'll owe you one

Terrabyte20xx

And there's another thing, wrestler's often mention that they sometimes don't know who's writing for who.

HOW IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE!?!

A good wrestling writer staff is also the easiest to have organized. The head booker decides who fights who, who goes over, and then should assign one writer to that feud. That writer should then talk to the wrestlers in said feud, so they all know what's going down, and even get input in said feud so it goes off as best as it can. Repeat with number of feuds. 1 writer to 1 feud. The individual writers can even talk with each other if they want to let storylines cross, even if just briefly. Then, they all submit their scripts to the head booker, who makes sure nothing contradicts eachother. The only feud the head booker should have direct influence on is the main event, as that is the most important storyline.

The fact that no promotion uses such a system baffles me to no end.

Well like everyone else in this thread I listened to the Punk podcast. I'm shocked at how candid he was. He buried the fuck out of the WWE medical staff and for good reason. All around the WWE sounds like a real shitshow behind the scenes. Now we all know why the product is suck a fucking mess right now and has been for years.

I actually feel sympathy for Punk. I really do. He was doing something he loved and that place made him hate it. To finally hear his side of the story, I'm shocked he lasted as long as he did over there.

Sure he sounds bitter but I can't blame him. Good for Punk to step away and find happiness again. Pretty shitty of Vince and company to fire him on his wedding day. That just comes off as vindictive and petty especially after he asked for time off a shitload of times and basically did just about everything they asked of him.

Vylash

And there's another thing, wrestler's often mention that they sometimes don't know who's writing for who.

HOW IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE!?!

A good wrestling writer staff is also the easiest to have organized. The head booker decides who fights who, who goes over, and then should assign one writer to that feud. That writer should then talk to the wrestlers in said feud, so they all know what's going down, and even get input in said feud so it goes off as best as it can. Repeat with number of feuds. 1 writer to 1 feud. The individual writers can even talk with each other if they want to let storylines cross, even if just briefly. Then, they all submit their scripts to the head booker, who makes sure nothing contradicts eachother. The only feud the head booker should have direct influence on is the main event, as that is the most important storyline.

The fact that no promotion uses such a system baffles me to no end.

ibmSgwPg8GtbV7.gif

I'm Glad CM Punk is doing something else. If he stayed. he would probably fucking die. I'm also glad that he spoke out about the shady bullshit that goes on in WWE

I'm Glad CM Punk is doing something else. If he stayed. he would probably fucking die. I'm also glad that he spoke out about the shady bullshit that goes on in WWE

Indeed.

No wonder he looks like such a mess those last few months. Everyone knew he was working though injuries but damn.

Now lets watch RAW next week where they put AJ in a I Quit match with a Bella, JBL makes snide "she should quit like her quiter boyfriend" comments on commentary and Cesaro jobs to The Miz.

Indeed.

No wonder he looks like such a mess those last few months. Everyone knew he was working though injuries but damn.

Now lets watch RAW next week where they put AJ in a I Quit match with a Bella, JBL makes snide "she should quit like her quiter boyfriend" comments on commentary and Cesaro jobs to The Miz.

Well this is going to go one of two ways. They are going to ignore this whole thing (probably for the best) or they are going to bury the fuck out of Punk (terrible idea).

I think everyone in this thread knows which way they are going to go.

Terrabyte20xx

Well this is going to go one of two ways. They are going to ignore this whole thing (probably for the best) or they are going to bury the fuck out of Punk (terrible idea).

Time to rewrite some scripts!

somedevil

Indeed.

Like when he left and they punished her by giving her the title again? They are not that stupid. They know people are watching to see how they treat her on tv.

Plus Cesaro just retweeted a pic of the ranking of the podcast. He didn't post a tweet that linked to the podcast. Rollins retweeted something related to the podcast as well.

Ithil

I'm pretty sure they can't, now. Punk won that settlement and didn't sign any no-disparage so he can say anything he wants. Given what he knows about their medical department I don't think they want him kicking up even more dirt.

Heel

Ryback gets heat as planned, flies up the card as a heel by riding a wave of internet marks distributing #HijackRAW pamphlets in the arena that instruct the children in attendance to call him "dumb as fuck" during his matches.

Hearing about dead set they were on Batista vs. Orton until they had no choice basically, makes me think we're getting Lesnar vs. Reigns no matter what. There's really no one else the crowd can get behind and hijack the show to get them to change their minds.

Maybe Ambrose, but I feel like he's maybe a year away from really exploding and hopefully getting his WM moment.

Top Bottom