• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| Ask Not The Jobber How John Cena Wins

yoKfew2.png

Is..is he shooting?!

Guy is completely delusional. Only reason I like ryback is because he's funny to make fun of on the internet and has a pretty good mentally challenged big guy buffoon gimmick which is apparently how he is in real life. no one can deny that the guy is only still around because of how big he is. vince must think gambling with the guy will pay off because holy shit at how unsafe he is in the ring not to mention how crazy he is too. heard he's pissed off so many people and said all sorts of crazy shit that would have got him fired ages ago. he's hurt so many guys in the ring. I'm surprised he didn't injure cena in 2013. I have no clue what vince sees in him.

Fuck though, the "continue on even when hurt" mentality is going to backfire on them(AGAIN!) That's just sad to read. You should not have a staph infection ignored by your company's doctor. That's not carrying the torch and fighting the good fight.

I think in Stro's Nitro reviews there was a Nitro where bischoff was complimenting someone for continuing to wrestle with a broken arm or some shit.

I like watching Ryback. Hope he is working softer now, he shouldn't be hurting guys more than they expect. Also super fucking sad he talks about working hurt as if that's a positive to his work ethic (same goes for Punk, he should have stopped too).

went back and found the table spot he was talking about

ir59g3dPU2ypb.gif

dumb as fuck

Did he hit his head there? Odd spot.

Those tweets from Ryback about trying hard to improve are hilarious when you remember he has been with the company for 10 years at this point.

And yeah the "suck it up and work through it no matter what" mentality will totally blow up again in their face. Its a shame.

I remember when the Benoit stuff broke the LAW people talked about how after Eddie passed the company cleaned itself up.... for about 6 months then everything started going back to their old ways again but now after Benoit things would be fixed for good. Its a shame that only lasted a few years.

Years without a wellness suspension have been suspicious enough and now this dodgy shit with the Doctors... Jeez. Its a timebomb waiting to happen.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Did you guys see Rock's tweet he promptly deleted? Punk's not making new friends, that's for sure.

vince has so much pride it's unbelievable. I don't think there is a moment in history he has ever taken full responsibility for something shitty happening in his business and just saying "I'm sorry, i fucked up."

strobogo

Banned
I don't hate The Ryback. He's improved a lot in the past year and half in ring and as a character. He's a muscled up hoss in an era where he stands out. His bullying stuff is always fun. I'm inclined to believe he wasn't intentionally trying to injure a top star repeatedly.

So we hate Ryback now?

I don't hate Ryback. If the story Punk told was true which it probably is then he was a complete asshole or dumb fuck during their feud but people can get better about that stuff. I think his twitter and youtube videos and shit are pretty funny. I think it's sad that he's calling Punk weak and insecure for complaining about his treatment regarding the medical stuff at the very least. Like I don't care if he got the main event or the push or whatever but that medical shit is unacceptable.

Vee_One

I don't hate The Ryback. He's improved a lot in the past year and half in ring and as a character. He's a muscled up hoss in an era where he stands out. His bullying stuff is always fun. I'm inclined to believe he wasn't intentionally trying to injure a top star repeatedly.

That's my impression. I seriously doubt he was trying to hurt anyone on purpose. Green and maybe careless.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I can't find a grab of it but it wasn't Cranky's (brilliant) RT. Shit.

Also, it's Midnight. Fuck it.

tRLtDGI.jpg

I started to really like Ryback after he moved from the "squashing local jobbers" phase. Once he moved to WWE jobbers, he became much more enjoyable. That HIAC title match he had with Punk completely killed any momentum and good will had with the crowd. I feel bad for the Big Guy.

JavyOO7

Holy crap, that Vaudevillans vignette on this weeks episode of NXT was fantastic. NXT creative actually seems like they are having fun doing this shit...

Sephzilla

To echo what I said in the OT thread. I know there's always two sides to a story but Punks story really feels like it echoes stories I've heard in the past regarding Vince and WWE. Punks story reminded me of Bret Hart's book at times. Couple Punks story with Del Rios depart and the company just looks bad right now.

WWE does desperately need a union

Are you talking about the 1,200-some odd day old tweet that the Cranky Vince account retweeted today?

afbxbgD.png

Would that be true? Did that Wrestlemania make tens of millions more than the other ones? Seems like an odd thing to say.

If that's true then Vince should be getting Rock back full time!

To echo what I said in the OT thread. I know there's always two sides to a story but Punks story really feels like it echoes stories I've heard in the past regarding Vince and WWE. Punks story reminded me of Bret Hart's book at times. Couple Punks story with Del Rios depart and the company just looks bad right now.

hunner hunner

I can't see it happening it any time soon.

Ithil

The WON is entertaining, as Meltzer hadn't yet listened to the podcast, but Alvarez had, so he recaps it in detail and you hear Meltzer's live reaction.
Much of it doesn't surprise him, probably because he heard about it as it happened (like the UFC and Mayweather walkouts or the Network payout question), and he's reported on the shady practices for years. But he was seriously appalled at the incompetency of the WWE doctors in diagnosing the staph infection, which was serious shit. Also said the FedEx on Punk's wedding day is no coincidence, it's pure WWE.

He laughed his ass off at Vince being appalled at women being allowed to fight in the UFC and calling MMA "barbaric". Which really is funny because Ronda Rousey three years later is a bigger star than any of Vince's wrestlers.

KissVibes

Banned
Is there a best of WWE list for the year?

Punk's podcast shoot was a work because he didn't work a shoot on Michael Hayes. I refuse to believe anyone who worked for WWE wouldn't shit ALL OVER that cunt if he wasn't still shoot working for the company.

Send him a question about it.

strobogo

Banned

Punk's story seems faithful to him because he said most of the same things while he was still working for WWE (minus the bonkers medical stuff). At the same time, I have zero doubt that he made EVERYTHING harder than it needed to be for himself, because he was doing that even on the indies. He's the type of person who ALWAYS has to have a conflict and something to "fight". He pretty much says as much on the podcast. I'm sure he was just as often terrible to work with, because he's a huge grumpy asshole seemingly all the time in his business life. Something that his best friend brought up.

He has a history of persecution complex and generally just thinking people are out to fuck him. I think the medical stuff should be getting most if not all of the attention from the story. Punk's personal issues of not getting a WM main event or Brock getting sponsors and not him or whatever are just personal gripes. The medical stuff is crazy.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I guess he never went back to see who did that horrible thing.

Sephzilla

Punk's story seems faithful to him because he said most of the same things while he was still working for WWE (minus the bonkers medical stuff). At the same time, I have zero doubt that he made EVERYTHING harder than it needed to be for himself, because he was doing that even on the indies. He's the type of person who ALWAYS has to have a conflict and something to "fight". He pretty much says as much on the podcast. I'm sure he was just as often terrible to work with, because he's a huge grumpy asshole seemingly all the time in his business life. Something that his best friend brought up.

He has a history of persecution complex and generally just thinking people are out to fuck him. I think the medical stuff should be getting most if not all of the attention from the story. Punk's personal issues of not getting a WM main event or Brock getting sponsors and not him or whatever are just personal gripes. The medical stuff is crazy.
I 100% agree with all of this. The medical stuff absolutely should be the focus of this. WWE medical has always seemed sketchy as fuck to me.

And yeah I don't doubt that Punk brought some of that on to himself but if even half of what he said is true I have a hard time blaming him for being an asshole to work with.

I'm going to take punk's word on everything he said except ryback purposefully hurting him which he was more so playing with the idea than stating it as something he thinks actually happened. It's pretty obvious that ryback isn't very bright and is really unsafe in general.

Pretty much everything he says resonates with what pretty much everyone has said about Vince, HHH, wwe politics, etc forever.

I would like to ask cm punk one question though

why do you think Vince never wanted you as their #1 guy?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Well just remember, you'd be in a shitty mood if the Miz did something that you never managed to do. Besides spend time with Maryse.

JavyOO7

Oh man, great match with Kidd and Finn Balor so far. Tyson has him down to the canvas with a headlock and he yells at the ref to ask him if he quits. Then when Balor doesn't, Tyson asks the ref again but says: "Ask him again in Irish!" ... man, that's great. He did the same with Sami on Main Event but replace the Irish with French. Too funny. :)

Sephzilla

why do you think Vince never wanted you as their #1 guy?

I think that answer is obvious. Cena's already established as the top guy and he's a company man who will fall in line when push actually comes to shove. Punk obviously isn't the later and Vince is probably too old to deal with that anymore.

Top Bottom