• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| Ask Not The Jobber How John Cena Wins

UberTag

Holy crap, that Vaudevillans vignette on this weeks episode of NXT was fantastic. NXT creative actually seems like they are having fun doing this shit...
Probably only a small handful of trusted guys working on that show instead of the two-dozen soap opera writers who work the main brand. Their ideas don't get sabotaged by Vince, either.

If I wrote for RAW, my dream job would be to write for NXT and get the hell away from Vince McMahon.

Recall

Everyone has seen the In Your House: Canadian Stampede show, right? Right?

I still have the VHS and I'm basing who's opinion on wrestling is valid based on wether or not you watched a wrestling show from 1997 because ya'll are crazy and I need some form of "test" to find the cool people.

Can't believe Ryback's been at this for ten fucking years. His entire career path has been; signed to Deep South developmental in 2005, moved to OVW developmental in 2006, moved to FCW developmental in 2008, WWE superstar in 2010. Literally his only appeal is "he's big", but it's not functional strength like Cesaro, he's just a fucking meathead. Al Snow & Bill DeMott should be real proud of the job they did with The Ryback, what a quality superstar.

Can't believe Ryback's been at this for ten fucking years. His entire career path has been; signed to Deep South developmental in 2005, moved to OVW developmental in 2006, moved to FCW developmental in 2008, WWE superstar in 2010. Literally his only appeal is "he's big", but it's not functional strength like Cesaro, he's just a fucking meathead. Al Snow & Bill DeMott should be real proud of the job they did with The Ryback, what a quality superstar.

xP03RGv.gif

Striker

I Listened to the punk podcast last night and holy shit the medical staff is crooked as fuck
I'm sure it's the same situation as the Wellness Policy (or lack thereof). Many of the top people (so Triple H and Vince) feels it's necessary to override a person with concussion or a particular injury (so in this case, if you can walk, throw a punch, and pin, you'll be ok!) even though they know it's hurting the wrestler or product, they'll do it anyway because it would cause them to lose money. That's all they care about.

Edge and Christian sucked IMO after going their separate ways. Edge was a shitty heel, but that probably has more to do with how they booked him. Christian was Christian. Hardy Boyz were garbage solo, Bradshaw was shit solo
What the fuck?

Thorakai

Whatever happened between Christopher Nowinski and the WWE? I remember watching the Frontline documentary on NFL concussions and being shook when he showed up. Did he ever take any legal action?

For the record if I quit for being fragile and insecure I would make up excuses too. Things didn't go my way for a long time and I kept going day in and out. Slander is a powerful thing and to state complete made up nonsense for no reason shows his insecurities. I will continue to bust my ass study matches every chance I get, cut promos when driving and push myself for hours on end even when hurt. Thank you! - Ryback
The Big Guy responds in a classy manner without cursing as always.

Road Dogg brought up a good point on Twitter. How could WWE coordinate firing Punk on his wedding day when his wedding was this super secret affair that no one even knew about it until it happened privately?

TL21xx

Banned
Road Dogg brought up a good point on Twitter. How could WWE coordinate firing Punk on his wedding day when his wedding was this super secret affair that no one even knew about it until it happened privately?

If I recall correctly, Punk told Hunter in the text when his wedding was, and asked if they could talk when he came back, as well as getting his royalty checks taken care of (which is most likely what set HHH off).

Punk told HHH he was getting married in two days. They probably paid for express delivery for that fedex package. Also Punk had announced at a baseball game he was getting married that month. AJ probably asked for time off too. Never underestimate Vince/HHH to go after a person for spite spare no expense.

Punk told HHH he was getting married in two days. They probably paid for express delivery for that fedex package. Also Punk had announced at a baseball game he was getting married that month. AJ probably asked for time off too. Never underestimate Vince/HHH to go after a person for spite spare no expense.

AJ had been gone since the night after WrestleMania, so that theory is out.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
You know, Punk was talking about how Bryan deserved to be the main event at WM30, just like Punk deserved it the prior 2 years. I think Bryan deserved it more than Punk ever did. Punk might have sold more merch, but Bryan was more over than Punk was outside of Chicago, also got a ton of main stream press, is much friendlier, is better in the ring, and most importantly actually moved ratings and buy rates up.

Always been my take on the matter.

I'm amazed how many fans (at least the ones in the other thread) don't understand how shoot names/gimmick names work, and why a wrestling fan should never call a wrestler by their real name.

That was never confusing to me at all. As straight-up, fan-to-talent interaction goes, it's pretty much ALWAYS USE THEIR CURRENT GIMMICK NAME. Period.

Using a wrestler's real name if you are a fan is a real turn-off to the wrestler. Some see it as just stupid, like you're trying to be smart or even "one of the boys," others see it as disrespectful or creepy.

It's a little different if you are actually "in the business" in some capacity, but fans don't ever have to worry about those situations.

DiscoJon

Banned
Fuck, that CM Punk thread in OT. I was gonna go on there and be like, "Hey! I see a bunch of cool posters who really like Wrasslin'! Come on down to the Wrasslegaf thread! We could use some new blood!" but then I saw a couple of dudes who I fucking hate post on there. So screw it. I say let Wrasslegaf be insular and hostile!

Browny

Banned
I think the biggest difference I can think of between Vince and HHH, is that HHH will likely sit down and listen to the entire podcast. Hopefully he'll learn something.

Vince won't listen at all. Vince will want to be told the bullet points, and then he'll say "fuck Punk".
aka bury A.J.
Because that's how his mind worked 30 years ago, 20 years ago, 10 years ago, and will continue to work whilst he's still calling all the shots.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I'm amazed how many fans (at least the ones in the other thread) don't understand how shoot names/gimmick names work, and why a wrestling fan should never call a wrestler by their real name.

That was never confusing to me at all. As straight-up, fan-to-talent interaction goes, it's pretty much ALWAYS USE THEIR CURRENT GIMMICK NAME. Period.

Using a wrestler's real name if you are a fan is a real turn-off to the wrestler. Some see it as just stupid, like you're trying to be smart or even "one of the boys," others see it as disrespectful or creepy.

It's a little different if you are actually "in the business" in some capacity, but fans don't ever have to worry about those situations.
Uh, it's ok to have normal human interaction with a wrestler and use their real name.

Never underestimate the internet boner for CM Punk. There is no harder internet boner in the world. Not even for Nintendo.

I think the reverse could be said as well. Never underestimate the internet anti-boner for CM Punk. There's just something about Punk and Punk fans that get his detractors really riled up. Especially when he gets everyone talking, then it gets too much for them to take and you start to see ridiculous, revisionist history opinions coming out of the woodwork, like "Punk never was over", or "Punk can't work".

Uh, it's ok to have normal human interaction with a wrestler and use their real name.

Sure, but I wouldn't approach a wrestler using their real name. Seems kinda douchy/disrespectful/smarkish.

The only thing that I liked about Ryback were the bolly segments. Other than that, he was garbage.

We're back to hating HHH though, right? What's the status of Kevin Dunn? Love him or leave him?

Zertez

Ryback is an easy target for roids, but wellness program or not, half the roster is on something. Even the smaller guys are showing up on the client lists for busted PED clinics.

The only thing that I liked about Ryback were the bolly segments. Other than that, he was garbage.

We're back to hating HHH though, right? What's the status of Kevin Dunn? Love him or leave him?

He was also pretty funny when he had once in a full moon backstage skits with Curtis Axel. I don't really enjoy him actually wrestling though.

Vylash

Ryback's a lot safer now so I've got no issue with him, and I honestly think his eternity in creative hell flattened his ego a bit

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's not anywhere close. I remember when Punk was in OVW how everyone just kept saying 'who's that who cares why are they wasting punk on albright/doane? why isn't punk the champion? he's the first indy wrestler i ever s aw so i think he's the best of all time because he cuts promos and has tattoos' Or 'CM Punk doesn't like Elijah Burke? Well he must be an awful wrestler because CM Punk doesn't like him even though no one else has said anything bad about him'

Hasney

It's not anywhere close. I remember when Punk was in OVW how everyone just kept saying 'who's that who cares why are they wasting punk on albright/doane? why isn't punk the champion? he's the first indy wrestler i ever s aw so i think he's the best of all time because he cuts promos and has tattoos' Or 'CM Punk doesn't like Elijah Burke? Well he must be an awful wrestler because CM Punk doesn't like him even though no one else has said anything bad about him'

I was watching OVW then but not about on da net, that was dumb. Punk didn't need the title and that Jeter/Capotelli feud for the championship was just pure gold.

Think Ziggler said Capotelli is doing fine now on one of the podcasts which really made me smile.

EDIT: Thinking about how much I enjoyed OVW, that "Punk'd" gimmick was just a steaming turd. Glad Heyman didn't bring him up to ECW with it.

Vylash

They learn and level up and can become your tag-team partner.

Unless this GC adaptor actually shows up, it'll be the only way I get 8 player Smash.

they're bullshit though, since at max levels they do more damage per hit than a human player can, fucking carnies

I'm still buying them but still

Top Bottom