• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| Ask Not The Jobber How John Cena Wins

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Oh man, great match with Kidd and Finn Balor so far. Tyson has him down to the canvas with a headlock and he yells at the ref to ask him if he quits. Then when Balor doesn't, Tyson asks the ref again but says: "Ask him again in Irish!" ... man, that's great. He did the same with Sami on Main Event but replace the Irish with French. Too funny. :)

does devitt have the body paint?

strobogo

Banned
yeah I will be, not accepting signups yet though

Nope, Triple H nixed the idea, said he doesn't want to have him look like some indie guy

iI3uOzkehMZCl.gif

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Well just remember, you'd be in a shitty mood if the Miz did something that you never managed to do. Besides spend time with Maryse.
It really is something else considering Punk said he wouldn't have even minded getting eliminated 5 minutes into that Rock/Cena triple threat he was trying to get..

Vylash

Balor's entrance looks goofy as fuck without the body paint, plus that's like an instant ticket to getting over and selling merch out the ass

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Balor's hand gestures are also weird. Yet I can't shake the feeling they'd belong just fine in a shonen anime.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Oh and regarding the December OT, I'm doing something very few people have ever done

Actually using a submitted title

“Shouldn’t you figure that out before I work on that PPV, so you can pay me accordingly? And nobody is asking questions because you’ll get punished. You get left off the PPV, they’ll take you off of Raw and they’ll take you off the house shows, and now you’re not making any money. WWE doesn’t do anything to protect the wrestlers, they do things to protect themselves. They do it so that it looks good to the public.”

This fucking company.

I think that answer is obvious. Cena's already established as the top guy and he's a company man who will fall in line when push actually comes to shove. Punk obviously isn't the later and Vince is probably too old to deal with that anymore.

He was working his ass off and in line for how many years?

what it boils down to is politics. simple as that. sometimes things don't work just because and all you can do is either accept it and try to make the best of it (IE quit in punk's case) or not accept it and be angry. vince just didn't see him as a champion. when I say champion I mean the star of the show. putting the wwe title on punk but having other guys work the main story line does not mean he's the champion. cm punk def had the talent and work rate. I think it boils mostly down to his size, look and probably his attitude. regardless, it's all politics (like most things in life).

strobogo

Banned
You know, Punk was talking about how Bryan deserved to be the main event at WM30, just like Punk deserved it the prior 2 years. I think Bryan deserved it more than Punk ever did. Punk might have sold more merch, but Bryan was more over than Punk was outside of Chicago, also got a ton of main stream press, is much friendlier, is better in the ring, and most importantly actually moved ratings and buy rates up.

Sephzilla

You know, Punk was talking about how Bryan deserved to be the main event at WM30, just like Punk deserved it the prior 2 years. I think Bryan deserved it more than Punk ever did. Punk might have sold more merch, but Bryan was more over than Punk was outside of Chicago, also got a ton of main stream press, is much friendlier, is better in the ring, and most importantly actually moved ratings and buy rates up.
Not sure I'd agree with Bryan being more over than Punk. Bryan might have looked like he was more over because he had a catchy taunt that the crowd could do with him, which looked great for TV moments. But Punk got massive pops. He'll Punk was still getting face pops after he was pouring the ashes of a dead man onto himself.

JavyOO7

Even Deadspin is talking about the CM Punk interview. You need more media outlets to make a buzz out of this so that maybe WWE could actually fix this problem.

EDIT = Actually that may be pretty naieve of me. I remember the Senate committee interviewing Stephanie McMahon in a hotel suite or something and... never was fixed really. Geez.

Even Deadspin is talking about the CM Punk interview. You need more media outlets to make a buzz out of this so that maybe WWE could actually fix this problem.

I'm hoping this will happen, I really do. However, Vince has developed this habit of BSing his way through the media when they call him out on such matters.

One thing that stuck in my mind was Punk's staph infection; if he did wrestle with it unchecked, and (sorry for saying this) eventually died in the ring, it would force WWE to make drastic changes. It seems as they learned nothing from their past decisions.

MG310

I think they're saving the bodypaint for the Takeover special if he's doing it at all.

Mild 12/4 episode spoiler

-After their win, Finn Balor gets on the mic and the match is official – the two of them against The Ascension at NXT Takeover: Evolution. Balor promises to bring something to the show that the Ascension has never seen before.

Hasney

The entire internet are going to look like idiots when they only bring back the anonymous Raw General Manager for the one show next week to tie in to Cyber Monday.

Not really. Even a one night deal is a dealbreaker for me since it shows they have no clue what their audience wants.

EDIT = Actually that may be pretty naieve of me. I remember the Senate committee interviewing Stephanie McMahon in a hotel suite or something and... never was fixed really. Geez.

how naive you are in which the way corporate politics work

little/nothing will change with the wwe

When you're in a small sports entertainment circus like WWE I can see how your pool is small to draw from but I cannot for the life of me figure out what Stephanie sees in HHH.

has bryan ever outsold sina on merch?

Watching the New Day Smackdown debut.

Man...

Big E has a towel hidden in his attire and he pats down his head after hitting a big move lol

Sephzilla

I do think HHH right now is a better alternative for the opportunity television product over Vince. But I wonder if HHH will be even more hardball and grudge holding than Vince is

I am just curious to see how daniel bryan plays the whole political game. was he just so over that they gave him his push at WM? I mean yeah I know he was given it because they needed to fill HHH's story line, probably some spitefulness choices on wwe/cmpunk, crowd anger on social media etc. Like do you guys think bryan is getting all pissed backstage and trying to get himself over with management backstage? he seems really chill so I think he probably avoids that whole game and just does his work and due partially to circumstance he got that huge push at WM30. Because one thing is for damn sure and it's that bryan going over or even competing in the main event was a last minute decision.

I am just curious to see how daniel bryan plays the whole political game. was he just so over that they gave him his push at WM? I mean yeah I know he was given it because they needed to fill HHH's story line, probably some spitefulness choices on wwe/cmpunk, crowd anger on social media etc. Like do you guys think bryan is getting all pissed backstage and trying to get himself over with management backstage? he seems really chill so I think he probably avoids that whole game and just does his work and due partially to circumstance he got that huge push at WM30. Because one thing is for damn sure and it's that bryan going over or even competing in the main event was a last minute decision.

I always felt that Bryan was just to happy to be there. I don't think he ever expected to be where he ended up

I was always pissed that they didn't run with how hot jeff was getting in 2009. they had to put edge in a triple threat to be pinned just to put the belt on him off hhh.

I don't blame them though for that. guy is a walking narcotics lawsuit.

And then when jeff left and got arrested, vince forced punk to do a shoot at breaking point so he could gloat

I don't know. Some of the banter is weird. Only one who looks comfortable is Preacher Big E, except his attire just makes him look stupid. Kofi and Xavier are just... lol.

Attire is so hideous. Big E looks like he stole his attire from Sin Cara.

The whole message is that they are fighting racism (subtlely intended, never explicitly stated), by being super positive and happy. They look like damn jerks.

It's so forced and lame, almost like they are doing it on purpose to set up a swerve.... But I really think this is the real deal :/

Top Bottom