• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| Ask Not The Jobber How John Cena Wins

kiguel182

I always laugh when someone uses the term "internet fans" or "internet geeks".

I mean, how out of touch do you have to be to act like the internet is a niche thing or that people on the internet are different?

This goes to both wrestlers and fans that talk about this on the internet.

strobogo

Banned
I always laugh when someone uses the term "internet fans" or "internet geeks".

I mean, how out of touch do you have to be to act like the internet is a niche thing or that people on the internet are different?

This goes to both wrestlers and fans that talk about this on the internet.

Internet fan/geeks is a specific thing. It's not just "people on the internet". Simplythebest is a perfect video representation of "internet geek".

kiguel182

Internet fan/geeks is a specific thing. It's not just "people on the internet". Simplythebest is a perfect video representation of "internet geek".

The thing is that the internet prefix is dumb. They (we or whatever) are smarks.

Using the prefix "internet" as an insult just makes you sound out of touch and, frankly, dumb.

Wrestling has a big problem overall with criticism and fandom that few industries have but the way they refer to that segment as "people on the internet" at the same time that they plug Facebook or Twitter shit is so dumb.

EDIT: The same thing with the term IWC. So dumb.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I was just thinking today about how the Miz is the shittest wrestler on the roster and should probably be feuding with Niki Bella.

tumblr_nfrp8cuF7h1qjyr3go1_1280.jpg

Alucard

Banned
The thing is that the internet prefix is dumb. They (we or whatever) are smarks.

Using the prefix "internet" as an insult just makes you sound out of touch and, frankly, dumb.

Wrestling has a big problem overall with criticism and fandom that few industries have but the way they refer to that segment as "people on the internet" at the same time that they plug Facebook or Twitter shit is so dumb.

EDIT: The same thing with the term IWC. So dumb.

You should read this fair and balanced article on this very topic, friend:

http://www.wrestleenigma.com/rebranding-the-iwc-towards-a-new-understanding-of-wrestling-fandom

Bean breath, can we expect a more detailed review of this week's Ring of Honor episode?

Rohwrestling.com/tv/current

You know, I was planning on doing some research on the roster and posting it here, like a digital trading card/flash card to make it easier to learn about ROH. It'd have the wrestler's name, pic, finishing move, and entrance music. But then I realized everyone here except for me probably knows all of these guys already so it'd just be spam.

You know, I was planning on doing some research on the roster and posting it here, like a digital trading card/flash card to make it easier to learn about ROH. It'd have the wrestler's name, pic, finishing move, and entrance music. But then I realized everyone here except for me probably knows all of these guys already so it'd just be spam.

I don't know any of those guys, but I'd rather not wade through even more flippy indie shit in this thread.

Uh, it's ok to have normal human interaction with a wrestler and use their real name.

I absolutely agree, but in contex of the situation, disagree.

Fan-to-wrestler interaction is never really "normal." You may think it is as a fan, but it's almost always not. There's a dynamic there.

Even when I'm not a fan and a wrestler comes up to me and introduces him or her self to me with their real name first, there's an unspoken expectation there that you'll respect the character when it's appropriate to do so. There's a time and place for using that real name (rare) and a time and place for calling them by their gimmick name or a variation if that (much more often).

An ordinary fan at an event or on a chance meeting outside an event should not presume that level of familiarity, ever, with a performer. Later, if the wrestler tells you to use their real name, it's fine. But even then, there's a time and place.

My sense is that the Punk deal will be a test of just how open this Austin/McMahon podcast will actually be. If it comes up (and I dont expect it to since its on the Network too), I'll be impressed that Austin asked the questions of VKM himself.

My sense is that the Punk deal will be a test of just how open this Austin/McMahon podcast will actually be. If it comes up (and I dont expect it to since its on the Network too), I'll be impressed that Austin asked the questions of VKM himself.

I wonder if Austin will have a laptop or tablet in front of him with McMahon's Wikipedia page displayed on it, from which he reads verbatim?

I found Punk's comments about Jericho the most surprising out of everything said in the podcast. Punk always seemed to have the utmost respect for Jericho and Jericho made it seem like they were friends, so why would Punk feel like Jericho only wanted to talk to him to get info for his podcast?

"WWE takes the health and wellness of its talent very seriously and has a comprehensive Talent Wellness Program that is led by one of the most well-respected physicians in the country, Dr. Joseph Maroon"
These idiots don't even know he was talking about Dr. Amann.

Watching Smackdown for the first time in years just for a new day but the crowd noise is unbearable

That fake Oooooop pumped In sounds like an N64 sound effect

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I found Punk's comments about Jericho the most surprising out of everything said in the podcast. Punk always seemed to have the utmost respect for Jericho and Jericho made it seem like they were friends, so why would Punk feel like Jericho only wanted to talk to him to get info for his podcast?

These idiots don't even know he was talking about Dr. Amann.

Honestly Jericho probably only did.

Maybe the deluge of wrestlers making wrestling podcasts and driving his buddy out of business?

I bet they will touch on it but it will only be for a few moments.

I remember Vince did a similar interview on WWE.com the week after it was announced Angle went to TNA back when that happened and he

I bet at most he will say that WWE doctors are the best and we totally dont run people into the ground blah blah blah and its a shame things didnt work out with Punk. He is a passionate guy and we wish him the best in his future.

Nose Master

You guys are silly if you think you're gonna get any real dirt out of the Austin/McMahon thing. I love Austin, but that dude isn't going to do some hard hitting interview on the guy when he has a network deal. Half of his podcast is advertisements, ffs. He doesn't give a shit, he's just bullshitting and making money.

Alucard

Banned
I don't see how someone can write that and doesn't realize he's part of the problem and he is also way overthinking that.

Being a videogame and wresting fan is hard because of this type of people.

I'm just going to watch NXT now.

What type of people should fans be, then? Dude is just saying we should be cool to each other and realize we all enjoy the same hobby.

strobogo

Banned
I support A New Day because it means 3 guys are finally getting to do something and being that they are bros, they should at least have fun with it, and it is fun to watch people have fun unless you're an asshole.

Top Bottom