• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| Ask Not The Jobber How John Cena Wins

WhirlwindUnfinishedEider.gif

THE NEW DAY IS HERE, FRIENDS

So, the black version of the spirit squad?

What's kind of odd about Stroud's thoughts on Johnny B. Badd is that in his WWIII recap, he mentions the Yeti returning as a Moon Ninja but calls him "The Buttf*cking Himalayan Ice Mummy". He then meanders on some Yeti/Moon Ninja fan fiction where he says the Yeti is really an "evil gay ninja" that gives Hulk Hogan an "embarrassing a**-reaming" that turned Hogan into a goth-emo for a month.

Alright I've seen sitting on this for a while but I'm just gonna say it. I don't really like Bryan's babyface personality. It just comes off as annoying sometimes and it gets kind of stale. It's not as embarrassing as Cena at all but I just don't like it. I feel like he needs to have some sort of anger or something more to his personality than that good guy who speaks calmly about things and does yes chants. He's a great wrestler but I don't know.

You can be a face and have a personality. Vegan doucher is not a personality. Love the guy but yeah.

Alucard

Banned
So, I decided to watch some of Smackdown today after reading that Daniel Bryan was on it. I wasn't disappointed with that opening segment despite it feeling a bit random with Show doing a Miz TV segment before Bryan's entrance.

Bryan sounded very natural, and he has an indefinable star quality about him. He just feels like a big deal when he comes out even when it's in jeans and a plaid shirt. He would be a huge loss to the company if he were never able to wrestle again.

Bowser

Alright I've seen sitting on this for a while but I'm just gonna say it. I don't really like Bryan's babyface personality. It just comes off as annoying sometimes and it gets kind of stale. It's not as embarrassing as Cena at all but I just don't like it. I feel like he needs to have some sort of anger or something more to his personality than that good guy who speaks calmly about things and does yes chants. He's a great wrestler but I don't know.

You can be a face and have a personality. Vegan doucher is not a personality. Love the guy but yeah.

There's a reason most everyone (except Jern Sina) love playing heels - you're actually allowed to show character and personality. In the Dubba Dubba E, all faces are cut from the same cloth. Ambrose is the only one that's sort of not a cookie cutter face, and even then he's kinda like what I imagine John Cena on drugs would act like.

There's a reason most everyone (except Jern Sina) love playing heels - you're actually allowed to show character and personality. In the Dubba Dubba E, all faces are cut from the same cloth.
he's just TOOOOO neutral and lame sounding of a face though but I agree it's more of a writing problem. Just wish they'd fire him up in some way.

Ambrose is a face and he has a personality....a weird one but one none the less.

Alucard

Banned

Eh, I've gotten over it. He panders, but he can do whatever he wants after his matches with Punk, Cesaro, Hunter, and Orton and Batista. The man can do no wrong. Except for that boner comment. That was terrible.

Daniel Bryan isn't over, just the chant is.

Alucard

Banned
Rowan eliminated Big Show in a battle royal. Whoa. Too bad Rowan was eliminated by Rusev less than a minute later. Could have been a great way to make Rowan look strong by having him get to the final four at least.

But Smackdown's not canon, so it wouldn't have mattered anyway.

Alucard

Banned
Rollins vs. Ryback was pretty good on Smackdown. The Big Guy is over. Like how he's incorporated "It's feeding time!" into his ring intro.

Alucard

Banned
So, New Day are basically going to be played for laughs. Their first match was against Slater Gator and Curtis Axel.

Have some fun, goddammit!

Rollins vs. Ryback was pretty good on Smackdown. The Big Guy is over. Like how he's incorporated "It's feeding time!" into his ring intro.

I could see Ryback getting Cesaro type screen time soon if the fans start being merciless towards him. Some people are bound to just for shits and giggles.

Fox318

Lot of edited pops during the battle royal.

Also during the big guy match I hate that they rung the bell before kane did anything.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
bean breath should write material for Friar's Club Roasts.

gaiadyne

Going past the racist gimmick, the New Day showed glimmers of hope in the short match on Smackdown, lots of tag moves shows they have potential good chemistry.

Top Bottom