• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| Ask Not The Jobber How John Cena Wins

Sephzilla

By the way I need to chime in and say that the OT post is really nice.

I would have gotten so much heel heat if I would have posted the OT first

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Semi-wrestling related. Do you think being ripped is a requirement for being in The Misfits?

I swear all those dudes have insane biceps for their age.

strobogo

Banned
I feel like Kenny Omega is going to have to tone down everything that makes him Kenny Omega if he wants to be on shows before intermission. What he does in DDT screams of "Participant in meaningless 6 man tag" for the next 2 years.

bjork

For the record, even though I am a fan of both the WWE and The Legend of Zelda I smell nice and like to think I'm attractive.

I don't really like either, and my coworker once asked me why I don't smell, and added that I look like I should smell like booze and piss.

I feel like Kenny Omega is going to have to tone down everything that makes him Kenny Omega if he wants to be on shows before intermission. What he does in DDT screams of "Participant in meaningless 6 man tag" for the next 2 years.

He already tones it down a bit when he wrestles in New Japan - he very rarely uses the stop sign enziguri in NJPW, for instance. It's not like their Jr. division is stacked at the moment, though - I could easily see him win either of the Jr. belts and be in with a shot at the BOSJ next year.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Ironic given that all of their fans are skinny dudes and fat girls

image.php

bjork

Thread creator.

I had considered an amalgamation for the thread title which would have been: Commitment Free TNA in Nashvember RIP the Promise Land #WWKD

But you all hated Persp's title.

Honestly I look for [month] wrasslin and kinda ignore the rest.

Sephzilla

Since I already have an nWo t-shirt and a good five o-clock shadow (i have dark facial hair) I think I'm going to make a Hollywood Hogan costume tonight for Halloween. Just need to find one of those toy WHC belts at Walmart and spraypaint nWo on it.

bjork

Since I already have an nWo t-shirt and a good five o-clock shadow (i have dark facial hair) I think I'm going to make a Hollywood Hogan costume tonight for Halloween. Just need to find one of those toy WHC belts at Walmart and spraypaint nWo on it.

do you have the haircut for it, or the bandanna? You could always be a better nWo member.

Sephzilla

I think there are more people angry about the I DONT LIKE THING picture in stro's Zelda thread then there are people who are upset that stro doesn't like Zelda.

The people saying IDontLikeThing.jpg should be bannable don't seem to get that backseat moderating is bannable.

do you have the haircut for it, or the bandanna? You could always be a better nWo member.

My haircut is short for right now so I could just cover it with a bandanna and make a really shitty looking hogan wig to wear under it

jred2k

You should have the nWo theme blaring out from your phone all night. Make sure you play guitar on the belt too.

strobogo

Banned
I think there are more people angry about the I DONT LIKE THING picture in stro's Zelda thread then there are people who are upset that stro doesn't like Zelda.

The people saying IDontLikeThing.jpg should be bannable don't seem to get that backseat moderating is bannable.

My haircut is short for right now so I could just cover it with a bandanna and make a really shitty looking hogan wig to wear under it

Yeah I thought it was funny how more people are passionate about ok.jpg and if someone should be able to make a thread for something they don't like and what is shit posting.

Sephzilla

You should have the nWo theme blaring out from your phone all night. Make sure you play guitar on the belt too.

That was already in the plan, funny enough. What provoked the idea was that I was driving somewhere for lunch, i was listening to music on my phone, and the nWo theme randomly started.

bjork

You should crash a neighbor or relative's party and be like "you know who I am, but you don't know why I'm here."

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The nWo theme or the Hollywood Hulk Hogan theme? There's a big difference. You can't air guitar to the regular nWo theme.

Sephzilla

You should crash a neighbor or relative's party and be like "you know who I am, but you don't know why I'm here."

I openly laughed reading this. That's beautiful.

Unfortunately most of my friends were more WWF guys back in the day and probably wouldn't get the WCW reference immediately.

The nWo theme or the Hollywood Hulk Hogan theme? There's a big difference. You can't air guitar to the regular nWo theme.

You can air guitar with the traditional nWo theme. It's basically a Jimmy Hendrix song, how can you not air guitar to it?

Jamie OD

Spending my Halloween watching W*ING death matches, which I seem to do on this date every year. The wrestling is shit but I get a kick out of seeing martial artists covered in barbed wire fighting guys in Halloween costumes.

Also Gypsy Joe from this time period is one of the worst wrestlers ever. He's a long time Puerto Rican wrestler who was in his fifties at this point and his gimmick is to no sell everything.

bjork

Spending my Halloween watching W*ING death matches, which I seem to do on this date every year. The wrestling is shit but I get a kick out of seeing martial artists covered in barbed wire fighting guys in Halloween costumes.

Also Gypsy Joe from this time period is one of the worst wrestlers ever. He's a long time Puerto Rican wrestler who was in his fifties at this point and his gimmick is to no sell everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fJ923CZwU4

He no-sold new Jack!

Sephzilla

You know what, fuck it. I don't want Reigns to be the one to take down Brock. I want Undertaker to come back and be the one who takes down Brock. Undertaker can come back and Paul Heyman will suddenly be like Emil from RoboCop screaming "YOU'RE DEAD, WE KILLED YOU!"

Yeah, "Zelda Fans" smell. Try like 75% of "gamers". I'm drowning in the irony of Stro picking on Zelda fans when we're all wrestling fans.

All nerds constantly have to (futily) bicker among each other to prove their particular sect is superior. It's pretty much

Published Authors, Professional Game Devs, etc
|
|
V
Everyone Else
|
|
V
Furries & Bronies
|
|
V
Women, minorities, LGBTQ people, trans people, etc.

I definitely want that person who posted in stro's thread saying IT'S OBVIOUS WHAT GAMES YOU ENJOY to post again. I wanna know.

Also I liked Wind Waker a lot. None of the others mean anything to me. Skyward Sword was depressing.

I think the biggest thing that annoys me about Zelda games is that they go around pretending they have some big connected narrative when they really don't. Like who gives a shit about the Zelda timeline? Guy in a green suit killed a pig with a sword, then did it again 20 years later but oooohhhh what if they're connected? Who cares?

Like, it's about as useless as trying to make an Official Mario Timeline. that would be more fun actually.

strobogo

Banned
I definitely want that person who posted in stro's thread saying IT'S OBVIOUS WHAT GAMES YOU ENJOY to post again. I wanna know.

Also I liked Wind Waker a lot. None of the others mean anything to me. Skyward Sword was depressing.

I think the biggest thing that annoys me about Zelda games is that they go around pretending they have some big connected narrative when they really don't. Like who gives a shit about the Zelda timeline? Guy in a green suit killed a pig with a sword, then did it again 20 years later but oooohhhh what if they're connected? Who cares?

Me too. I asked twice for him/her to answer that. I have no idea what would be obvious that I love. Wrestling games? I barely even play games at all now. I don't play shooters, I don't play indie games, I don't play handhelds, I don't play racing games, I don't play. I DON'T PLAY MOTHER FUCKER. Idk. I'd really like to know. Might PM for answer.

Vylash

Like, it's about as useless as trying to make an Official Mario Timeline. that would be more fun actually.

Wind Waker was amazing, i highly recommend Minish Cap too

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Wind Waker is probably the worst Zelda. It's WW or Twilight.

Gaf just loses its nuts about shitty games when they're cel shaded. Like Prince of Persia 2008.

Alucard

Banned
are we gonna speak of the awesomeness that is lucha underground?

just saw the first ep and i found it awesome

Loved the first ep, and the reaction in the thread has been overwhelmingly positive as well. It has a vibrancy and focus about it that really set it apart from the rest.

bean breath not showing up at all for my thread and then returning to in-ring competition for November is a betrayal I really hadn't expected.

bean breath not showing up at all for my thread and then returning to in-ring competition for November is a betrayal I really hadn't expected.
People wanted serious wrestling discussion and felt that my presence in the thread was having a negative impact on their experience. When TheWesker, probably one of the most respected posters here, called me out, I had to take a step back and reevaluate my approach.

I think most of the people here would agree that this community really flourished in my absence in terms of serious wrestling discussion and posters who are genuinely passionate about Pro Wrestling finding their voice.

I'd just like to point out that I'm in the OT, guest starring in the Flippy Indie Bullshit gif.

...My twitter is @BronsonLee. Buy my shirt. Something something podcast

TL21xx

Banned
Wind Waker is probably the worst Zelda. It's WW or Twilight.

Gaf just loses its nuts about shitty games when they're cel shaded. Like Prince of Persia 2008.

Skyward Sword exists, so no.

And I actually like both of those you mentioned more than the "sacred cows". I love the series, but I'll also be the first to admit it has some major structural issues that need to be fixed, especially the barren overworlds.

Back to the most important subject, Wrasslin'. Been getting tons of ads for the network today, they really want people to jump on that free month.

Oh, and welcome back bean breath, hope you're enjoying your cheap pop!

Top Bottom