• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| Ask Not The Jobber How John Cena Wins

jmdajr

12 "The Rock" November 4, 2014
Follow The Rock's meteoric rise as he becomes one of the biggest names in entertainment in and out of the ring.

only on The Monday Night War!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Kevin Owens still makes me laugh
l4J3QmN.jpg

Top 5 TNA Moments

5. Monty Brown
4. Monster Brawl matches (Abyss/Raven mainly)
3. Daniels/Styles/Joe feud
2. Stone Cold Sharkboy
1. New Jack & Sharkboy in a paddling pool for no reason

Bootaaay, what do you think of the new Civ game?

I'm enjoying it a lot so far, feels a bit bare bones though, but that's the way with any Civ game at launch. The AI is still dogshit, especially when it comes to diplomacy, which is my no.1 gripe with the series, but in general I'm liking the setting and the changes made to gameplay. The new victory types are a nice change of pace from the usual cultural/scientific/domination routes and I like how the affinities effect the look of your units. Hasn't quite grabbed me like Civ 5 did, though - seems a bit harder, actually. The Aliens are a lot tougher than barbarians and remain so for quite a while into the game.

I'm willing to bet Kevin Owens is an homage to Owen Hart.

It's his son's name, but he named his son Owen because he was such a big Owen Hart fan.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm willing to bet Kevin Owens is an homage to Owen Hart.

He shoulda gone with Kevin Hart. I'm sure Ithil will pop up here in a sec and tell you about Steen's kid and Owen Hart though.

Fucking Dino, man;

xx067q9.gif

Jeez. Also, The Bodyguard - I didn't think Japanese indies could come up with a duller generic big guy than Zeus or Raideen, but then there's The Bodyguard.

I'm sure Ithil will pop up here in a sec and tell you about Steen's kid and Owen Hart though.

It was me, Vince! It was me all along!

Sephzilla

It's nice to see 2k15 getting torn apart in reviews so far. I hope this continues for the current-gen version too in the faint hope that if the game gets enough shit reviews that 2K might jettison Yukes

jmdajr

How long should this Rusev thing keep going? I say take it all the way to WWE Heavy Weight Champ once Brock gets bored and leaves.

Let him win at Mania!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Kevin "Sausage Gravy" Owens
Kevin "Pig in a Blanket" Owens
"The Country Breakfast" Kevin Owens

This has potential...

Sephzilla

How long should this Rusev thing keep going? I say take it all the way to WWE Heavy Weight Champ once Brock gets bored and leaves.

Let him win at Mania!

That this point Rusev might as well keep it until Mania. Having Rusev lose the streak in the weakest part of WWE's year is a waste.
Which means Vince will probably book him to lose really soon

jmdajr

It's sad that the main reason Corporate Kane is a thing that exists is probably just so they don't have to pay for his pyro.

No Pyro, no cool new costume. It sucks. He's not even evil enough.
Do evil things Kane, besides interfering with matches.

Sephzilla

But to be honest, the Kane character started to die after he could talk normally and then died after he unmasked. Just never the same after that for me.

jmdajr

That this point Rusev might as well keep it until Mania. Having Rusev lose the streak in the weakest part of WWE's year is a waste.
Which means Vince will probably book him to lose really soon

I just feel Rusev loss at Mania is too predictable. I say have him win and make next year's match really mean something.

Have him beat D. Bry or Orton or someone like that.

He's running out of faces though. We have Dean? maybe a face Wyatt? Feed me more if they don't fuck it up again.

Sephzilla

What's wrong with the rename this time?

It's not a bad name but it just doesn't flow out of the mouth very well, while Kevin Steen does a little bit more.

I just feel Rusev loss at Mania is too predictable. I say have him win and make next year's match really mean something.

Have him beat D. Bry or Orton or someone like that.

He's running out of faces though. We have Dean? maybe a face Wyatt? Feed me more if they don't fuck it up again.

But Mania is often fairly predictable in a good way. There's no way he can carry that streak for another full year, like you said there aren't enough faces. Vince isn't going to start feeding him heels either.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
But to be honest, the Kane character started to die after he could talk normally and then died after he unmasked. Just never the same after that for me.
Am I supposed to believe a demon would fall in line with a corporation let alone THE DEVIL'S FAVORITE?

Sephzilla

I would legit like to see Brock vs Rusev though. Rusev being the guy who beats Brock would be massive for Rusev and it would effectively pass the Taker rub to Rusev (Brock never needed or deserved it)

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
How do you feel Rusev has grown over this past year? I feel he's come a long way and a lot of this is the dedication they've had to his booking.

Zach

How do you feel Rusev has grown over this past year? I feel he's come a long way and a lot of this is the dedication they've had to his booking.

When I first saw him, I was all "oh, come on." And now I look at him and am like "oh, come o--hey, they're booking someone -- anyone -- as an unstoppable heel? Sure, I'll take this bum."

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I did just watch the main event to raw on the network and Rusev/Sheamus was pretty great. Watching Lana celebrate is pretty good too.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

His gimmick is still bland but effective. The only reason I deal with it is because he's constantly improving at an alarming rate. He's easily the most improved of all the NXT guys. He brings back a style of wrestler that I really like which WWE hasn't had since Umaga.

I wish he had a better manager like a Grand Wizard or Gary Hart type.

Top Bottom