• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| Ask Not The Jobber How John Cena Wins

strobogo

Banned
When he debuted in NXT I thought there was ZERO chance he'd ever get called up, let alone get a big push. Then he shows up at the Rumble and I thought it was a waste of a spot. Then the 3 months of promos. Then he debuts and I'm like...fuck whatever, just a dude doing the same stuff he was doing on NXT. Then those matches with Big E. happened and I was like, "this dude is pretty dope". He's a hoss, he has excellent selling, he's improved almost at the rate the Brock improved at in 2002. Not that I think he's as good as 2002-2004 Brock. I'm a fan. Happy to see him wreck fools.

Awwwwwwwwwww snap

1979349_400369080114650_6106472598445038311_o.jpg

Kaladin

When he debuted in NXT I thought there was ZERO chance he'd ever get called up, let alone get a big push. Then he shows up at the Rumble and I thought it was a waste of a spot. Then the 3 months of promos. Then he debuts and I'm like...fuck whatever, just a dude doing the same stuff he was doing on NXT. Then those matches with Big E. happened and I was like, "this dude is pretty dope". He's a hoss, he has excellent selling, he's improved almost at the rate the Brock improved at in 2002. Not that I think he's as good as 2002-2004 Brock. I'm a fan. Happy to see him wreck fools.

I agree, though I still fear Rusev will eventually be fed to Cena.

Recall

So with the end of the year fast approaching what are everyone's favourite matches so far?

Nothing has quite come close to I to HHH vs Daniel Bryan at WM30 and AJ Styles vs Minoru Suzuki during the G1 Climax. I don't watch TV wrestling so I might have missed out on something fun but these two stood out from what I've seen in 2014.

Gustav

Banned
Were can I see that Rusev vs. Sheamus Match? It's apparently an "WWE Network exclusive" but I sure as hell cannot find it on my WWE app on Apple TV.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Were can I see that Rusev vs. Sheamus Match? It's apparently an "WWE Network exclusive" but I sure as hell cannot find it on my WWE app on Apple TV.
Raw backstage pass

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
All my favorite comedians, like most of my favorite wrestlers, are either dead or starred in a successful comedy movie for kids and stopped being funny.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I like Rusev's kicks, and how well he slaps himself during them. I also enjoy when he starts getting crazy and yelling and his hair gets poofy. Rusev CRUSH forever. Good guy. I dig the flag dropping after his wins, too. He's wonderful and has come a long way.

BronsonLee, I'm glad you're finally employed. Which hotel?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
First Becky Lynch comes over with a dancing jig gimmick, now Sheamus falls. Devitt's gonna have some trouble. I was legit shook they mentioned Sheamus has had the US title for like 160 or 180 days. I was like fuck I thought he just got it.

Rusev is having the secret best year ever. Definitely in my top 5 for the year. Amazing what WWE can do when they give a shit

Love his ultimate warrior style freak out

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I feel that this is great for the U.S. Championship. Something significant is happening with it.

I agree, and it'll just make the payoff that much sweeter in the end when they decide who stops Rusev. The best part is that it doesn't need to be main event talent, but it's a significant storyline that someone who ISN'T main event can be a big part of.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Throw it on the trash and never use it again.

Sad to say there's benefits to that approach as well. I'll tell you this though, no matter where Rusev goes with it, it's going to a better place than when it was around Sheamus' waist.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I don't understand the line of thinking "Rusev is good BUT he will lose to Cena" how does this actually affect what you see in him? Everyone loses to Cena, so who cares? Enjoy the man for what he's doing.

Vylash

now is absolutly the ultimate test for Rusev, the midcard titles are notoriously toxic and creative stops giving a shit when you get one, just look at the past 5 US champions:

Sheamus (never defended it)
Ambrose (never defended it)
Kofi (lol)
Cesaro:
kNr2cgw.gif

and Santino (hahahahahahaha)

Alucard

Banned
Btw, does anyone honestly think that Cena beating Rusev would bring "prestige" to the US Title? I just think it would make it feel shittier. It means more that Rusev has it, and it would mean more if someone who wasn't a bland and shitty robot of a wrestler won it from him.

I still don't see the long-term potential for Rusev. Still feel like the cherry is popped the second they beat him.

"Don't beat him then" they'll say.

But they will.

Top Bottom