• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| Ask Not The Jobber How John Cena Wins

After the springboard it's like he hits the wrong button. "He's above me shit zoom out shit that's in so back out shit zoom in all the way"

Pretty much. He was off from the moment go. Though truth be told, if he wasn't hip to the spot happening, that's usually what will happen

Global Force Wrestling Event

Global Force Wrestling promised to make a big announcement this morning and did. They announced their first event which will be “Wrestle Kingdom 9.” The event will be a joint venture with New Japan Pro Wrestling on January 4, 2015, at the Tokyo Dome. It will be available to North American wrestling fans on pay-per-view.

It begins.

Adding more details:

GFW To Present NJPW’s Wrestle Kingdom 9 On PPV In North America

* In English and Japanese via SAP Button
* DirecTV, Dish, AT&T U-verse, Comcast, Verizon Fios and all cable systems in the United States, and in Canada on Bell ExpressVu TV, Rogers, Shaw, Sasktel and Telus. Check your local listings for availability. The show also will be available on the “Flipps” app on iTunes or Android.
* North American announcers will be announced later
* 4 hour telecast
* live at 2 AM on Jan 4, then rebroadcast in primetime at 7 PM

It begins.

Adding more details:

* DirecTV, Dish, AT&T U-verse, Comcast, Verizon Fios and all cable systems in the United States, and in Canada on Bell ExpressVu TV, Rogers, Shaw, Sasktel and Telus. Check your local listings for availability. The show also will be available on the “Flipps” app on iTunes or Android.

O_O

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Adding more details:

* 4 hour telecast

I never thought I'd say this but

Thank you Jeff Jarrett!

RP912

Banned
jeff-jarrett-strut.gif

The king is back you slap nuts..

I'd also like to point out that since they're airing it live, that probably means the North American commentators will be on site and used to Tokyo time, because nobody is going to be good at commentating at 2 in the morning

Hasney

This is fucking awesome. Shame it's not in the UK, but if I can obtain it with the English commentary, then thank you Jeff Jarrett.

EDIT: Thinking about it, this is perfect timing for the PPV companies. I'm sure they'll want to attempt to prop something up against WWE since the Network went live.

This is fucking awesome. Shame it's not in the UK, but if I can obtain it with the English commentary, then thank you Jeff Jarrett.

EDIT: Thinking about it, this is perfect timing for the PPV companies. I'm sure they'll want to attempt to prop something up against WWE since the Network went live.

Could possibly be a second deal for that.

Also, if this goes well, Jarrett is a fucking genius because he's basically using the connections he had from TNA to burst NJPW in. He'll be even more of a made man.

And PPV companies have been scrambling to get new content anyways. It's why ROH and Bellator got PPVs; they got sweetheart deals to do them for the sake of having new and fresh content.

Xater

Adding more details:

* 4 hour telecast

Wow tha tis awesome. I#d order it if that was available outside of the US.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
That Son vs Father match, they only look about ten years removed...

Adding more details:

* 4 hour telecast

Jeff_Jarrett_Entrance-new-3.gif

YEAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH DOUBLE J

strobogo

Banned
I think Xavier looks cool as shit, I just wish he wasn't stuck being a dancing black guy. And I wish he was better in the ring. But he LOOKS like a dude that could be a big part of the company. He looks fresh as heck.

Zach

Adding more details:

* 4 hour telecast

I'm lazy and dumb. Does this mean I can somehow watch this event on my PS3/4 and/or crappy laptop?

I really need to stop reading this thread at work.

Marked out too hard at that GFW announcement? I know that feeling.

Pretty sure that's not what caught his eye

I'm lazy and dumb. Does this mean I can somehow watch this event on my PS3/4 and/or crappy laptop?

Nothing on iPPV so far. I would assume you're out of luck.

At the very least quote the image to cut down on size.

Four eyes, One page

RBH

Global Force Wrestling Event

Global Force Wrestling promised to make a big announcement this morning and did. They announced their first event which will be “Wrestle Kingdom 9.” The event will be a joint venture with New Japan Pro Wrestling on January 4, 2015, at the Tokyo Dome. It will be available to North American wrestling fans on pay-per-view.
Adding more details:

* 4 hour telecast
guitar-shot-dead.gif

This sounds fucking awesome.

Adding more details:

* 4 hour telecast

fucking sweet

count me in

Sephzilla

Adding more details:

* 4 hour telecast

Nice!

We need more guitar spots in WWE

RBH

It's perfect timing for Jeff Jarrett and GFW/NJPW in regards to the PPV providers.

Those providers are already pissed off with the WWE and looking for content to fill in the gap.

Quoting from the network thread as I didn't see it in this one, guitar shot if old:
Shit just got interesting. Sky just issued a statement. The delay has nothing to do with them.

"The delay on the WWE Network is in no way related to Sky. As previously advised, this is an independent service which Sky will not be providing."

In line with Meltzer's comments, can we assume then that maybe WWE is shopping the service around with other providers? Maybe BT?

Source

I think Xavier looks cool as shit, I just wish he wasn't stuck being a dancing black guy. And I wish he was better in the ring. But he LOOKS like a dude that could be a big part of the company. He looks fresh as heck.

My sentiments exactly. He's only 28, too!

I remember being pretty hype for a heel stable consisting of Kofi, Big E, and him. I've never seen Xavier/Consequences Creed as a heel nor have I ever really seen Kofi as a heel aside from that one old YouTube video floating around of him before his WWE days in his faux-Jamaican days. It didn't have to be the Nation 2.0, but I couldn't wait to see a new twist to these three guys just tearing shit up because they were angry about how they were in the WWE.

Once I heard they were testing the waters with the stable in house shows, alternating between face and heel roles every other show, I lost hope. :(

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
He likes Dynasty Warriors. Woods is alright with me.

Anth0ny

JR sounded like he was willing to do the New Japan show on Meltzer's podcast.

I'm already in, but if they can get JR to call the show, I'm super in.

RP912

Banned
Sighs...it was like yesterday when Jarrett couldn't draw a door out of a wet paper bag. Now he's about to take over 2015 with the GFW.

Top Bottom