• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| Ask Not The Jobber How John Cena Wins

imBask

Banned
my morning shower thought :

I want Rusev to refuse to wear or hold the US belt, and I want Lana to carry it wearing gloves. She should also just drop it on the ground at ring side during the matches. They need to disrespect the belt as much as they can.

KQkiK.jpg

Honest to God that was a real newspaper advertisement hyping the new logo.

Why was WCW so content to bury itself?

The gimmick could only work if it was some sorta meta commentary on the use of black wrestlers in the WWE.
Holy shit what if Xavier pulls a Seven/Goldust when he redebuts and buries his gimmick, calling out management and having Super Athletic Friends coming out to tear everything apart Nexus-style

Hasney

Holy shit what if Xavier pulls a Seven/Goldust when he redebuts and buries his gimmick, calling out management and having Super Athletic Friends coming out to tear everything apart Nexus-style

In this universe, does WWE 2k15 actually turn out good as well?

Watched Zack Sabre Jr. get his shot at Harada's GHC Jr. Heavyweight title, awesome little match, Harada's carrying himself with a lot more confidence these days but still needs to connect with the audience better. He's got all the physical and technical tools, just needs a bit of swagger to bring it all together. Zack's just beastly in the ring and the Japanese crowd have taken to him and his style (they've always been appreciative of the British-style wrestling), he pretty much led the match and proved a good foil for Harada's technical jr. style. GIFs;

Zack.gif

Zack4.gif

Zack1.gif

If it's too good to be true, it obviously won't be happening.

But, the logo at the end of the teaser does give me hope. I don't see how an eagle logo like that can be connected to a dancing preacher gimmick...

If Xavier pulls a reverse Brotus Clay that would be great. But its not going to happen.

Man, I remember how fucking confused everyone was.
Hype vignettes, count to 5, etc
Big Johnny keeps pushing the debut
Debut night, you see the door, it has his name...on a disco ball
FROM PLANET FUNK

Jamie OD

Watched Zack Sabre Jr. get his shot at Harada's GHC Jr. Heavyweight title, awesome little match, Harada's carrying himself with a lot more confidence these days but still needs to connect with the audience better. He's got all the physical and technical tools, just needs a bit of swagger to bring it all together. Zack's just beastly in the ring and the Japanese crowd have taken to him and his style (they've always been appreciative of the British-style wrestling), he pretty much led the match and proved a good foil for Harada's technical jr. style. GIFs;

Zack.gif

Zack4.gif

Zack1.gif

Love how smooth he applies the Armbar from any position.

MC Safety

3 weeks later, Cena sent Mark Henry back to his home planet:

The WWE midcard.

Mark Henry and Big Show should reform a team and call themselves the Yo-Yos.

They can switch alignment mid-way through each match and then forget whether they're supposed to be good or bad.

Nothing in wrestling would make me happier then a Mark Henry title reign.

Give him the belt. He deserves it. Let him have a legit run as the top monster and get the belt instead of the normal stop / start / stop shit he has been stuck with.

tm24

PWG types, it's sale time, what 5 DVD's should I get?

I've seen TEN
2013 Battle of Los Angeles - Night One
2013 Battle of Los Angeles - Night Two
Matt Rushmore
All Star Weekend X - Night One
All Star Weekend X - Night Two
DDT4 (2014)
Mystery Vortex II
Sold our Soul for Rock 'n Roll
ELEVEN

Tempted by Super Dragon Compilation, and maybe Mystery Vortex II so I can have the DVD, don't know what else.

EDIT: Generico's compilation is probably a good shout too.

The Super Dragon DVD is great. Mystery Vortex II is great, but i really loved ELEVEN. The doubleshots are great, can't go wrong there.

Guys, handheld gaming is where it's at for dudes in their 30s who grew up with 8-bit and 16-bit gaming. Who's with me?

If by "handheld" you mean freemium iOS/Android titles, then sure. No self-respecting person should engage in that 1000 year old demon bullshit that's taken over 3DS/Vita, though.

Guys, handheld gaming is where it's at for dudes in their 30s who grew up with 8-bit and 16-bit gaming. Who's with me?

I probably have more favorite handheld games than favorite console games.

The 3DS could possibly be the best system I've ever owned and I own everything between the NES and today.

Aiii

So not worth it
3DS doesn't hold a candle to the DS. The Vita is far superior too, shame it bombed, but it still has some great titles.

Also Smash Bros is overrated.

Hrmm? Vita wins free over 3DS. All 3DS had was Ace Attorney 5 and Fire Emblem for me. Big turnaround from DS.

Kid Icarus: Uprising is the best third-person shooter in years. That shit should've been a Wii game so it's controls could realize the game's potential.

EDIT: I meant a Wii U re-release or sequel. That would get me to purchase one. Showing Palutena in that Nintendo E3 direct only for it to be a Smash Bros. thing was COLD BLOODED.

Kid Icarus: Uprising is the best third-person shooter in years. That shit should've been a Wii game so it's controls could realize the game's potential.

As someone who can't play that game due to it not being made for lefties...fuck that game

I though Alex Riley was hurt. Isn't he just a commentator now?

Does he flip-flop a lot while calling matches?

I'm referring to the ending of NXT Season 2

Top Bottom