• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| Ask Not The Jobber How John Cena Wins

strobogo

Banned
WWE.com is hyping a live Network special with Paul Heyman and Joey Styles taking questions and telling stories about ECW on Monday. In fact, they're hyping ECW Week on the Network. Maybe this means they'll finally start updating the TV show.

Nekofrog

Banned
vince really went out of his way to make sure he didn't absorb any of the WCW fans didn't he

guess he didn't want a brand that made 4.0 ratings on a consistent basis

9KEtSTd.png

strobogo

Banned
Part two of the Vince/Austin rivalry was the most honest WWE doc yet. Buried the shit out of how much they fucked up the Austin heel turn AND the Invasion. Although Vince did get in that the WCW guys were light years behind WWF guys.

Nekofrog

Banned
i wonder who he considers the "wcw guys"

is jericho a wcw or wwe guy to him? because he came in as a wcw midcarder and instantly from his first promo was ready to be in the main event. but with how long it actually took i'm guessing he saw him as a "wcw guy" so therefor wasn't worthy of an actual push until they really had to.

jericho, eddie, benoit, and booker t were all ready the instant they set foot inside the wwe. it was a shame how long it took for some of them to break the glass cieling.

strobogo

Banned

is jericho a wcw or wwe guy to him? because he came in as a wcw midcarder and instantly from his first promo was ready to be in the main event. but with how long it actually took i'm guessing he saw him as a "wcw guy" so therefor wasn't worthy of an actual push until they really had to.

jericho, eddie, benoit, and booker t were all ready the instant they set foot inside the wwe. it was a shame how long it took for some of them to break the glass cieling.

He was talking specifically about the guys who came in during the Invasion. Kanyon got berried :(

Nekofrog

Banned
oh jesus kanyon was one of my biggest guilty pleasures of that era

great worker, great personality, went nowhere

didn't he have some personal problems though?

at least vince recognized that some of the wcw guys could actually serve an off screen purpose, like hugh morris

at least vince recognized that some of the wcw guys could actually serve an off screen purpose, like hugh morris

Vince sure knows how to pick em

strobogo

Banned

The rumor has always been that Kanyon was gay/bisexual and that people in WWE didn't like him because of it. But other people have said that the gay thing was just a publicity stunt he pulled later on. Then he went back and said he really was gay. He had mental issues and tried to commit suicide in 2003. He was bi polar.

Also wtf, of all the guys that came in, HUGH FUCKING MORRUS being the one they pick to head up the developmental programs will never not blow my mind. You know who would have been way better of a trainer from that group? God damn Kanyon. Or Chavo. Or Booker. Or ANYONE that wasn't one of the Natural Born Thrillers.

somedevil

The biggest problem with the invasion was that all the top WCW guy had guaranteed deals of large amounts of money and all they had to do was stay at home.

Who would leave that to make less money at WWE. It also didn't help to see how they booked DDP when he decided to come in. A stalker of the Undertaker's wife.

Most just waited it out till the WWE called them to get the money they wanted.

Also wtf, of all the guys that came in, HUGH FUCKING MORRUS being the one they pick to head up the developmental programs will never not blow my mind. You know who would have been way better of a trainer from that group? God damn Kanyon. Or Chavo. Or Booker. Or ANYONE that wasn't one of the Natural Born Thrillers.

hey man, I think Sean O'Haire could've taught rookies a thing or two

Ric Flair

Banned

I remember the days where Nintendo Power got me fucking HYPE for new N64 games. The library in my elementary school used to subscribe to it and keep it on reserve for when the class would visit. Call it tacky, but there's something really charming about that cover (and the many, MANY covers just like it)

Hasney

They really dropped the ball on O Hare and Jindrack. I was a huge fan of Planet Stasiak as well.

So of all the guys that came in from WCW during that invasion story, obviously Booker T ended up the biggest star, but who was second? Only guy that did anything off the top of my head is Hurricane Helms.

The biggest problem with the invasion was that all the top WCW guy had guaranteed deals of large amounts of money and all they had to do was stay at home.

Who would leave that to make less money at WWE. It also didn't help to see how they booked DDP when he decided to come in. A stalker of the Undertaker's wife.

Most just waited it out till the WWE called them to get the money they wanted.
The WCW guys just never had any respect in the storyline. They were glorified jobbers for the entire invasion.

Vince has an ego
And that's the problem. It could've been better if Vince stopped treating the company he purchased like dirt.

I mean I get it. They tried to put you out of business for years and now this is your opportunity to piss all over them. It just was not the right way to go about things. It would've made some money if done properly.

Sabucin

I just finished Austin vs Mcmahon 2 on WWE Rivalries, and it called my attention the episode when Stone Cold was suppose to lose against Lesnar in a qualification match for KOR.
At that time WWE wasn't broadcasted in my country so I didn't get everything as it was.
My question is related to CM Punk's walkaway because is very similar to Austin's case (both were unsatisfied with the creative way of their characters and both just left).
How was the crowd responding to this situation? It was like every show people just started to chant AUSTIN! AUSTIN! like they do with CM PUNK chants?

I think its very strange how the company handled this situation in comparison with CM Punk's leaving the WWE. Austin left just hours before RAW and Vince told to the WWE Universe that he left. Punk left WWE and they gave him Benoit's treatment (LOL we don't know that guy who the hell is he)

Comments?

strobogo

Banned
LEGITSHOOK.COM PRESENTS

WCW MONDAY NITRO 12/16/96

• Psychosis vs Steven Regal WCW Television Championship
  • Big Bubber vs Chavo Guerrero Jr
  • Masahiro Chono vs Chris Jericho
  • Dave Sammartino vs That Motherfucker Dean Malenko WCW Cruiserweight Champion
  • Jerry Flynn vs Ice Train
  • Bobby Eaton vs Rey Mysterio Jr
  • Kevin Sullivan vs Arn Anderson
  • Rick Steiner vs Sting
  • The Outsiders vs Faces of Fear

SWERVES and turns everywhere. WCW people are real pieces of shit to Sting and Sting absolutely should have joined the nWo. Every time he tries to bail WCW out, someone shit talks him or attacks him.

imhiks2Kzq7UD.gif

iiq7CASIHU7W8.gif

iihwvx6T3Gpfr.gif

ibwPpYjabMsJuG.gif

Fox318

And that's the problem. It could've been better if Vince stopped treating the company he purchased like dirt.

I mean I get it. They tried to put you out of business for years and now this is your opportunity to piss all over them. It just was not the right way to go about things. It would've made some money if done properly.
Look at the last wwe show in Atlanta.

Vince killed the popularity of wrasslin by pissing on the grave of wcw and making his product more suitable for a political campaign .

Carnby

I just finished Austin vs Mcmahon 2 on WWE Rivalries, and it called my attention the episode when Stone Cold was suppose to lose against Lesnar in a qualification match for KOR.
At that time WWE wasn't broadcasted in my country so I didn't get everything as it was.
My question is related to CM Punk's walkaway because is very similar to Austin's case (both were unsatisfied with the creative way of their characters and both just left).
How was the crowd responding to this situation? It was like every show people just started to chant AUSTIN! AUSTIN! like they do with CM PUNK chants?

I think its very strange how the company handled this situation in comparison with CM Punk's leaving the WWE. Austin left just hours before RAW and Vince told to the WWE Universe that he left. Punk left WWE and they gave him Benoit's treatment (LOL we don't know that guy who the hell is he)

Comments?

It was different. For starters, WWE buried Austin. Even Jim Ross implied that Austin had mental issues and he's not his personal psychiatrist.

strobogo

Banned
The main difference is WWE immediately addressed the Austin situation and put it to rest as quickly as possible. Then buried the shit out of him for a while.

Abysses vs Diabetes tonight, if abyss loses, he gets his foot cut off.

Which wrestlers gonna get injured and be out for 6 months this week?

Which Referee called in this week because he has diarhea?

Maury reveals who is the father of Madison Raynes 8 kids.

Bram still pissed off because his wife makes more money in NXT than he does at TNA. Will he abandon TNA for WWE to be with his wife charolette?

Vee_One

In Jerichos second book he admits that he wasn't ready at the start (in a roundabout way) - WCW style of planning matches etc. was very different and there was an adjustment period. They probably all would have been 100x better if there was an NXT style system to get them used to WWE style before they got on TV (even for a few weeks).

Buff Bagwell match is what really killed WCW guys

Big One

Banned
Pretty damn good match.

A promotion centered around good matches and tv show style promos? I'm down with it. Hope Lucha Underground does well.

Top Bottom