• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| Ask Not The Jobber How John Cena Wins

Watching Kane's botch on raw never gets old.

B1sECi4CQAAYTu0.png

All the makings of a dog fart dp scene.

lol

Next week LU starts for real. We get the threeway between Lucha God Pentagon Jr/Fenix and Drago

Bring it on.

Two episodes in, and Lucha Underground is destination programming for me. It's been better than NXT the last two weeks too, so I'd say for at least these two weeks it's been my favorite weekly wrestling show.

Production-wise, there are still a few bad cuts in the edit, but nothing AAA bad, just like a few poor decisions to go to a fast cut when a sustained camera would've been better. Also, the arena lighting/camera exposures/post-production color grade/whatever seemed a little darker in the shadows than I remembered last week, resulting in some pretty crushed blacks. That could be improved without toning down the gritty look they're going for. On the plus side, I noticed a bit less of the GoPro announce booth cam this week, which was a welcome improvement.

And boy, they have done an excellent job casting the women on this show.

Puma can be a red-hot star. Can't wait to see how they build around this guy.

Shame El Rey Network isn't on more screens nationwide/worldwide. This show is too rad to not be all over cable/satellite. I almost feel a little guilty to be able to watch it live. Almost.

Fav 5 Wrassling commentators:

1. Bobby The Brain Heenan
2. Jim Ross
3. Tony Schiavone
4. Don West
5. JBL

Honorable mention

Matt striker makes me laugh with his botched commentary.

Alucard

Banned
starting DDP yoga tomorrow, really hope it goes well

Good luck, man. The key is to stick with it and watch your diet. If you eat like crap, you won't notice the results all that much.

On a random note, I just started a game of Chrono Trigger. First time I've ever put any substantial time into the game or committed to beating it. So far, I really like what I've played and seen. Very unique look and feel.

Alucard

Banned
Man, super excited to watch LU now. I've basically given up on WWE and TNA. Nice of another wrestling show to pop up alongside ROH that I can still enjoy on a weekly basis.

Omega

Banned
Fav 5 Wrassling commentators:

1. Bobby The Brain Heenan
2. Jim Ross
3. Tony Schiavone
4. Don West
5. JBL

Honorable mention

Matt striker makes me laugh with his botched commentary.

Bobby = thumbs up
JBL = wtf

and where the fuck is Jesse Ventura. this is the weirdest list ever. it's like half trolling, half serious

strobogo

Banned
Bobby = thumbs up
JBL = wtf

and where the fuck is Jesse Ventura. this is the weirdest list ever. it's like half trolling, half serious

JBL's first run as commentator was pretty good. He and Cole worked well and since they were on Smackdown, they got to say what they wanted.

starting DDP yoga tomorrow, really hope it goes well

Good luck, I'm planning on digging into the starting schedule next week if this bug I've got is cleared up by then.

Just by taking note of the diet stuff I lost nearly 20kg over a 6 week period. That shit works and I wasn't even wanting my old shitty foods again.

Alucard

Banned
any suggestions on which workout to start with?

If you got the book, just follow the beginner or intermediate schedule they give there.

Just do the Diamond Dozen on the first day to get yourself comfortable with what's coming up. The next day, just into the Energy workout. It's the entry point and the easiest of all the actual workouts.

strobogo

Banned
LEGITSHOOK PRESENTS

WCW MONDAY NITRO 12/23/96

Go home show for Starrcade.

• Eddie Guerrero vs Chris Benoit
  • Tombstone vs Lex Luger
  • Rey Mysterio Jr vs JL
  • Glacier vs Sgt. Parker
  • Amazing French Canadians vs Public Enemy
  • Big Bubber vs Konnan
  • That Motherfucker Dean Malenko vs Steven Regal WCW Television Championship
  • Rick Steiner vs Jeff Jarrett

WCW tries to give an early Christmas present with Eddie/Benoit and TMF/Regal. Bischoff does a Roddy Piper promo with the inflection of Richard Nixon. The real Piper shows up and WE'RE OUTTA TIME. Kevin Sullivan name drops Genghis Khan. Ric Flair has to keep the peace between Benoit and Mongo. Rey apologizes to Sting and makes it clear that Sting is really a WCW guy. Also, Tombstone is 911 from ECW.

ibzrRPwLBKk4OY.gif

i0mLdz6S986vK.gif

i4GqIhsEit8zF.gif

Starrcade is looking dope. TMF/Ultimo with 9 titles on the line. Rey vs Liger. Benoit/Jarrett. FoF/Outsiders, which means Hall and Nash are going to have to WORK. Eddie vs DDP for the US Championship. Hopefully it can deliver like Starrcade 1995.

Only Starrcade and Nitro the next night are left for this portion of the project. Hopefully 1997 gets update relatively soon.

Next week is ECW WEEK on WWE Network!

ECW Exposed - Joey Styles interviews Paul Heyman Monday after the conclusion of Raw

40 new ECW Hardcore TV shows will be added to the archives.

Plus these three shows will be added

ECW Hardcore Heaven from 1995: Public Enemy vs. Gangstas, Sandman vs. Cactus Jack for the ECW title, Raven & Stevie Richards vs. Rommy Dreamer & Luna Vachon, Ian Rotten vs Axl Rotten Taipei death match, 2 Cold Scorpio vs. Taz and Dudleys vs. Pit Bulls

ECW November to Remember from 1995: Tommy Dreamer & Terry Funk vs. Cactus Jack & Raven, Mikey Whipwreck vs. Steve Austin for the ECW title, Sandman & 2 Cold Scorpio vs. Public enemy for the ECW tag titles, Rey Misterio Jr. vs. Psicosis in a Mexican death match (this match was phenomenal), Sabu vs. Hack Myers, Bill Alfonso vs. Tod Gordon, Pitbulls vs. Eliminators, Konnan vs. Jason

Cyberslam 1996: Raven vs. Shane Douglas, Pitbulls & Francine vs. Eliminators & Stevie Richards, 2 Cold Scorpio vs. Sabu, Shane Douglas vs. Cactus Jack, Buh Buh Ray Dudley vs. Curtis Hughes, plus Brian Pillman's ECW debut

strobogo

Banned
Lucha Underground seems like a less obnoxious WSX, which is amazing considering their main play by play guy is Matt Striker. Matt Striker is like everything bad about Mike Tenay plus Twitter.

Top Bottom