• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| Ask Not The Jobber How John Cena Wins

strobogo

Banned
How I see the LU hype train going:

Derailed once they have a show or two that falter, or the format will get stale. People in here are SO hyped after 2 shows and anything that gets so much hype always gets turned on. Every single time.

Alucard

Banned

Derailed once they have a show or two that falter, or the format will get stale. People in here are SO hyped after 2 shows and anything that gets so much hype always gets turned on. Every single time.

Eh, we'll see. Because of the season structure of it and the fact that it's very deliberate, I have much more faith in it than I do the WWE.

Aiii

So not worth it
Getting stale does seem like less of a risk for this, since they do limited season runs and only do an hour.

Hasney

Probably, but if they have a plan for a 20 odd episode season with a blow off, then come back next year, it could have some staying power. I think an hour for Raw and Smackdown each could really benefit them to keep them more focused as well. As much as I used to enjoy Nitro (probably because of the ridiculous roster).

I've forgiven the bad of NXT and this seems tighter and more focused. I think it could work in the long term.

bjork

Raw was the best when it was one hour. I don't know about a season format, but I would like to see guys rotate in and out so they get rested.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Poster for Wrestle Kingdom 9;

hzAQLYH.jpg

The Dragon Gate show was really good, awesome 8-man tag main event.

Sad that KES isn't on there. Well, not that I expected it...

El Rey is a very new network, and Lucha Underground seems to be performing far above everything else on there. It'll be around, especially if they can get money from Hulu or Netflix for it (I'm assuming this is the plan).

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Cornette adds nothing to Owen. In fact, it brings Owen down to be associated with this waste of space. The Yokozuna association is fine because Yokozuna still had his beast top of the food chain aura, so he was like Owen's Diesel or whatever while letting Owen help carry him through matches so he could take breaks.

But Cornette's inclusion feels like it was there to get Cornette over. Which is the exact opposite of what a manager should do.

Also this Diesel/Taker feud is pretty funny. It just proves Bret can't beat Taker or Diesel and it's pure luck of the two hating each other that he still has the belt. And Bret's supposed to be the face.

Aiii

So not worth it
El Rey is a very new network, and Lucha Underground seems to be performing far above everything else on there. It'll be around, especially if they can get money from Hulu or Netflix for it (I'm assuming this is the plan).

I dunno, for the From Dusk Til Dawn show they sold the rights of same-day airing to Netflix outside of the US, but they either didn't do this for Lucha Underground, or Netflix didn't care for it.

jred2k

The Duck Til Dawn show that is/was(?) on El Rey has shown up on Netflix. I think another show from that network is up there as well.

Robert Rodriguez is pretty notorious for managing to make shit work on shoestring budgets so I imagine he runs his network with the same philosophy.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Ultimate Warrior is the Kane of the 90s

Watching WWF in 1996?
"Jesus Christ, Warrior's still around?"

Watching WCW in 1998?
"Jesus Christ, Warrior's still around?"

He's like the Daemon Kane, but a Daemon Kane you can't even avoid by switching channels.

Edit: Jannetty reminds me of Ziggler. Like I know that you're a good wrestler, and I know that you're kind of over, but I have no time for you. You're just time slot filler to me. I have no interest in what goes on with you or your character.

Gonzalez

Banned
But Cornette's inclusion feels like it was there to get Cornette over. Which is the exact opposite of what a manager should do.

But that's something the WWF/E has done for years since Jr. became the Chairman, and that's make non-wrestlers top heels. He did it with Heenan, Corny, Vickie, himself, and his family. It's part of the signature Titan booking style. It's something I've always hated, but when it works, it really works.

Damn missed some Lucha underground talk. It's really off to a great start. Love the hook they have to make,you comeback. Reminds me of what that wrestling tv kickstarer was going to be

Also Matt striker saying De Moan is so annying.

Hasney

Edit: Jannetty reminds me of Ziggler. Like I know that you're a good wrestler, and I know that you're kind of over, but I have no time for you. You're just time slot filler to me. I have no interest in what goes on with you or your character.

On the plus side, you do know Ziggler will usually be at his best. Obviously he's had bad matches with people he doesn't click with, but he's never had a bad match purely because he's fucked up.

EDIT: Thinking about that whole post, Angle might be back one day. I mean, Warrior got so many chances, even his very last one when he buried the hatchet and Jannety was even hired semi-recently when Angle was feuding with HBK. Only reason he didn't last is because he wasn't legally allowed to work in every state...

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
yddwIc7.jpg

You just know know Vince was high fiving himself in the middle of the night over this one. 'Hahaha! He has a lot of money! Way more money than I ever will! I got that son of a bitch good by advertising his product and his wealth every single week on my show for 1/6 of the entire show's length and even on my pay per views!'

IT'S MARCH AND THEY ARE STILL RUNNING THIS SHIT

DMczaf

Did we discuss that Meltzer and Alvarez believe last Monday was the beginning of Rock/HHH's WM31 program?

Why am I excited for Rock/HHH? Is it because that means Rock and HHH don't have to work with Cena to pass him another torch?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Bret: "I don't want anything bad to happen to Shawn. You know, he's a friend of mine."

Even Bean Breath isn't buying that one, Bret.

Penguin

Did we discuss that Meltzer and Alvarez believe last Monday was the beginning of Rock/HHH's WM31 program?

Why am I excited for Rock/HHH? Is it because that means Rock and HHH don't have to work with Cena to pass him another torch?

Wait what?

How?

Sephzilla

yddwIc7.jpg

You just know know Vince was high fiving himself in the middle of the night over this one. 'Hahaha! He has a lot of money! Way more money than I ever will! I got that son of a bitch good by advertising his product and his wealth every single week on my show for 1/6 of the entire show's length and even on my pay per views!'

IT'S MARCH AND THEY ARE STILL RUNNING THIS SHIT

The irony of the whole Billionaire Ted shit was that Vince was salty that someone was doing to him what he did to the territories.

DMczaf

Wait what?

How?

Apparently Rock/HHH were suppose to be WM30 until plans changed. The idea was for Vince and Steph/HHH to have a power struggle over the company, that will put Vince vs Steph/HHH. Vince will have to turn to his best friend The Rock to represent him in a match vs HHH at WM.

It was all set to go, but Rock couldn't do it. The beginning of the program that was written last year was done on Raw last Monday, so Meltzer thinks that's where its heading.

jred2k

Do you think Cena will stack them on top of each other to pin them or will he lay them side-by-side and lay across them to win?

Just started Lucha Underground right now. Vampiro's really dry on commentary. Striker's ... Striker, really. Half of the time I'm annoyed by him, half of the time I applaud his play-by-play. I wish Vampiro was better on commentary.

I think the fact that this all isn't live takes some enjoyment out of it for me. It's one of the many reasons I rarely watch Smackdown, too. But, I appreciate that it's doing its own thing.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's only been a month, and I'm kind of already over Goldust in 1996. Next thing, please.

I blame the poison that is being involved in an angle with Piper.

Sephzilla

- John Cena defeats Brock Lesnar for the WWE Championship and awards himself as the retroactive man who defeated The Undertaker.

-John Cena goes on to face Roman Reigns for the WWE Championship at Wrestlemania.

-Common belief is that Cena will put over Reigns to catapult Reigns as the next #1 guy.

-WrestleMania 31 ends with Cena's music

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
JBL just did the Stan Hansen thing and even the kinda derpy sounding noise with it.

Get your own gimmick, Hawk Bradshaw Justin Layfield John

Top Bottom