• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| Ask Not The Jobber How John Cena Wins

somedevil

Watching Vince again I realized now how it happened. They did the thing with the Big Show and Bryan. Then thursday they did the Network announcement. So they wanted Vince to announce this on Smackdown but how to do this when it was taped and make the crowd look excited for this?

So someone said well they did this thing with Bryan with the fans chanting Yes. So someone came up with the idea that they use those chants and in Vince's announcement he does the Yes chant to make it look natural.

Pure genius!

strobogo

Banned
Does anyone know the name of that super Hogan mark who seemed to be at every TV/PPV Hogan was at from like 1988-2002? The dude that was always dressed up as Hulk?

Watching Vince again I realized now how it happened. They did the thing with the Big Show and Bryan. Then thursday they did the Network announcement. So they wanted Vince to announce this on Smackdown but how to do this when it was taped and make the crowd look excited for this?

So someone said well they did this thing with Bryan with the fans chanting Yes. So someone came up with the idea that they use those chants and in Vince's announcement he does the Yes chant to make it look natural.

Pure genius!

Or they just said that thing about Bryan to get the fans to chant yes because they already knew about the Network announcement.

BURRIED or should I say pumpkined

tumblr_nec1b7Wv4P1sdnzxno8_250.gif

FHIZ

Or they just said that thing about Bryan to get the fans to chant yes because they already knew about the Network announcement.

Yeah, the network change wasn't some snap decision that they decided to capitalize on with the Yes chant stuff, that was pure calculated manipulation.

Lol @ segment with Kane

E: Time to cue up the "Pretty in Pink" song after seeing Lana!!
Thank you Rock for the lipstick change

strobogo

Banned
I don't see the big deal. Wrestling companies have been doing shit like that for decades. Have dudes come out and cut cheap heat promos during a commercial and then use the heat when you come back from TV. Use promos out of context in hype videos. MNW uses clips and promos out of context in every episode.

Does anyone know the name of that super Hogan mark who seemed to be at every TV/PPV Hogan was at from like 1988-2002? The dude that was always dressed up as Hulk?

Roddy Hogan?

Google Images doesn't come up with much but I did find a Bleacher report list that mentions him.

strobogo

Banned
That dude must have been loaded. He seemed to be at every PPV, WWF and WCW, that Hogan was on for like 12 years. And tons of Superstars/SNME/Raw/Nitros.

I'm tired of all these MFers cyber bullying me after all I sacrificed for this community, you guys won't have Pefwrtsgicty to kick around anymore. Good luck Plywood and don't let this life bring you down.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
New annoying thing:

When people reply to threads and call the thread creator "OP". That person has a name, type it!
But what if you don't know that OP on a username basis.
I'm tired of all these MFers cyber bullying me after all I sacrificed for this community, you guys won't have Pefwrtsgicty to kick around anymore. Good luck Plywood and don't let this life bring you down.
Not like this.

Cagey

Banned
Random musings watching NXT.. .

Battle Royal was sloppy.

The fatter guy in Ascension is a fatty. Also, they suck.

Itami is going to have an issue making himself seem devastating given the size disparity. Even Bryan put on enough mass to look credible.

Carmella has such a great dumb gimmick. Sign me up for any over the top Italian NYC metro area stereotype. Checking her nails. Shitty bootleg version of Fancy as a theme. It's such Staten Island, North Jersey, Long Island trash. Also dem abs. Emma still sucks tho.

Justin Gabriel is still a thing?

Bull Dempsey is a waste of the Bull Dempsey intro. Also he's fat. I'm in a fatty shaming mood I guess. Downside of cutting.

Baron Corbin has a nice looking finisher.

Bald Frenchie looks like a young ripped Kane. Great look. Looks like a psychopath. Digging that guy.

Zayn is awesome.

kirblar

Whoever came up with the bodysuit costume licensing idea needs a raise- I can see those being huge in the future now that people are aware of them via Twitter.

strobogo

Banned
The idea of bringing in KENTA and then immediately paring him up with the Ascension is so confusing to me. Like, you're bringing in a dude new to the WWE style and you put him in an angle with dudes who are way bigger who only know how to do squash matches? How the fuck are they going to help him learn the WWE style? All they've done so far is immediately take away his hype because they can't keep up with him and can't help him with the style. So then you bring in Prince Devitt and now you have two guys who aren't accustomed to the WWE style stuck with two lugs who can't help them or make them look good.

Omega

Banned
All nerds constantly have to (futily) bicker among each other to prove their particular sect is superior. It's pretty much

Published Authors, Professional Game Devs, etc
|
|
V
Everyone Else
|
|
V
Furries & Bronies
|
|
V
Women, minorities, LGBTQ people, trans people, etc.

im below furries and bronies? im out. fuck life

Dammit cameramen stay still. Can't see anything

Nothing will top the stabilized gif of one of Ambrose's attacks on Rollins that shows just how fucking crazy the camera operators go.

nuts: http://gfycat.com/ImpureDistantFinwhale

Holy shit I forgot how annoying SHIELD attacks were...

Fucking Bronson. Maybe if he paid attention to his job instead of shilling himself and his sponsors, he could be proud of himself.

I GOTTA PAY THE BILLS...bought to you by Mountain Dew

Cagey

Banned
The idea of bringing in KENTA and then immediately paring him up with the Ascension is so confusing to me. Like, you're bringing in a dude new to the WWE style and you put him in an angle with dudes who are way bigger who only know how to do squash matches? How the fuck are they going to help him learn the WWE style? All they've done so far is immediately take away his hype because they can't keep up with him and can't help him with the style. So then you bring in Prince Devitt and now you have two guys who aren't accustomed to the WWE style stuck with two lugs who can't help them or make them look good.

I don't get it either. He looks like a random nondescript jobber in there with them, and that's partly the look and size of the participants (Itami is bland as fuck look wise right now), and partly the style like you noted isn't helping him. It's just playing into the dude who gets squashed feeling and it's not his fault. Confusing for now.

strobogo

Banned
I don't get it either. He looks like a random nondescript jobber in there with them, and that's partly the look and size of the participants (Itami is bland as fuck look wise right now), and partly the style like you noted isn't helping him. It's just playing into the dude who gets squashed feeling and it's not his fault. Confusing for now.

All it has done is kill the hype Kenta had. Dude came in with a ton of momentum and now he's had his ass kicked for a month by two guys who suck and have no chance of meshing with him. Same for Devitt. Within a month and a half he lost his "this guy is a huge international star" appeal. The same thing is going to happen to Devitt if they keep the angle going more than a match or two. Hopefully Steen debuts in an angle with Sami or Neville and not someone like CJ Parker or one of the French dudes.

Top Bottom