• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| Ask Not The Jobber How John Cena Wins

Fox318

I hate pumpkins! *shoves pumpkin off*
...I love pumpkin pie though

Yeah, they focus group this stuff. It helps hide soft shots, I suppose.
But it's nauseating.

Like I can't see shit.

How the duck do they sell a product you can't see? What do they think the arena people need that as well?

JavyOO7

I like the Ascension very much but even I agree with how the Itami/Ascension feud is stumbling out of the gate. Nobody is coming off good right now. Itami is looking like a scrub, his ring gear doesn't look so hot, he looks apprehensive when he does any of his moves, he even looks like he's lost some confidence. Ascension aren't too sure how to approach Itami it seems like... and as much as I really like Connor, he always looks sloppy when he takes down Itami to the canvas. His buddy Viktor looks okay... but the Ascension aren't looks great with this feud right now. They've lost so much momentum since Takeover 2 that I hope they are able to recover and eventually head to the main roster. There's really nothing for them to do anymore now but try to make Itami/Devitt look good.

strobogo

Banned
He probably looks decent when he's not trying to look like a psychopath. But when he tries to look crazy he abs of nails it.

He looked like a monster even before he lost his hair and eyebrows. He has weird teeth and tiny eyes.

nxt-050814-legionnaires.jpg

marcus-louis1.png

Cagey

Banned
He should lose every match he wins on a squash streak because he's so damn bloodthirsty that he keeps attacking after he's won and the refs reverse the decision, but he DGAF and keeps going until security comes out. Every time. Cold blooded killer homie.

so pretty much the wwe network is killing the wwe?

they still get like 2 million people tuning in every monday so maybe prowrestling could be getting an overhaul in the next few years. there is still a demand for it.

ppvs may be become network exclusive where they push you to watch them via your game or entertainment system on your tv.

I would like to see the company change hands in 2015.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Things to like about Kevin Nash.

1. He's big.
2. He's sexy.
3. He's laid back.
4. He has four moves of doom. No, not talking about his setup for the end of the match, those are all the moves he knows.
5. His commentating skills.
6. He ended that no good quitter CM punks Summer of Punk.
7. He was champ during most of 1995, the year of the New Generation.
8. He had a good match once or twice with Bret Hart.

Things to not like about Kevin Nash.

1. He buried the true god/ultra star/president of the New Generation in four seconds at a house show.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
9. He does powerbombs
10. He powerbombed the Undertaker twice
11. In a vignette, Diesel went to some kids birthday party and signed autographs for free
12. He buried Bob Backlund in seconds at a house show.

Fox318

so pretty much the wwe network is killing the wwe?

they still get like 2 million people tuning in every monday so maybe prowrestling could be getting an overhaul in the next few years. there is still a demand for it.

ppvs may be become network exclusive where they push you to watch them via your game or entertainment system on your tv.

I would like to see the company change hands in 2015.
If their product was better it would be doing better.

Tons of people are relapsed wrestling fans and when they see shit like slator gator wrestle they will turn the tv off.

How was Smackdown y'all? Tonight, I got to attend a Halloween party for dogs. Which was about as interesting as it sounds. Any fun costumes? Anything remotely important/entertaining happen?

D Bry and the Giants deserve that win.

Also just a heads up so the Network doesn't work on the ART runtime for Android. So those of you planning to get a Nexus 6 or 9 and want to watch the network, you might be out of luck for a bit.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
13. He was quite amusing as HBK's bodyguard.
14. He let Mysterio beat him that one time...and absolutely squashed him in a return match.
15. He won a powerbomb match by telling the ref he powerbombed his opponent while the ref was knocked out. He did not actually powerbomb his opponent.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
15. He won a powerbomb match by telling the ref he powerbombed his opponent while the ref was knocked out. He did not actually powerbomb his opponent.

People shit on that, but I think that is one of my favorite fucking Nash moments ever. Like that shit was so 'WRESTLING!' that it made me want to stand up and applaud.

16. His hair is amazing.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
People shit on that, but I think that is one of my favorite fucking Nash moments ever. Like that shit was so 'WRESTLING!' that it made me want to stand up and applaud.

16. His hair is amazing.

Exactly. That's why he's the best.

17. Coach Kevin Nash.

If their product was better it would be doing better.

Tons of people are relapsed wrestling fans and when they see shit like slator gator wrestle they will turn the tv off.

I don't think 700 Million dollars better though, which I believe is what they've roughly lost since the network came out.

Things to like about Kevin Nash.

1. He's big.
2. He's sexy.
3. He's laid back.
4. He has four moves of doom. No, not talking about his setup for the end of the match, those are all the moves he knows.
5. His commentating skills.
6. He ended that no good quitter CM punks Summer of Punk.
7. He was champ during most of 1995, the year of the New Generation.
8. He had a good match once or twice with Bret Hart.

Things to not like about Kevin Nash.

1. He buried the true god/ultra star/president of the New Generation in four seconds at a house show.

has nash ever put anyone over?

seriously, who has he helped make a star?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
19. Nash put himself over. He'd also fake an injury if he thought a loss would hurt his career/didn't want to get thrown around by big baby Paul Wight.

JavyOO7

I don't think 700 Million dollars better though, which I believe is what they've roughly lost since the network came out.

The value of the stock lost about a third of its value when the #'s came in about their TV deal not getting what the stock market thought they'd be getting.

WWE will lose quite a bit of money when its all said and done though at the end of the year. 40-50 million I think.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I do wonder if Hulu or Netflix would have given WWE some kind of deal to air their older stuff, but Vince in his usual manner gave them the ol', 'No, our god damn fans will pay US to watch this shit.'

19. Nash put himself over. He'd also fake an injury if he thought a loss would hurt his career/didn't want to get thrown around by big baby Paul Wight.

20. Nash chucked Mysterio into the side of a trailer because Rey tried one of his shitty lucha moves on him outside the ring.

JavyOO7

I do wonder if Hulu or Netflix would have given WWE some kind of deal to air their older stuff, but Vince in his usual manner gave them the ol', 'No, our god damn fans will pay US to watch this shit.'

Which older stuff are you thinking about?

EDIT = Yeah, I understand what you are saying now. Old episodes of Main Event, Superstars, WWE ECW aren't on the network yet. This is true.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Which older stuff are you thinking about?

All of it that they've uploaded so far. I mean, Netflix already hosts every season of Law & Order. I can't imagine that's much different from a load of older Raws/Nitros. I'm just wondering why WWE Network couldn't have been some kind of deal with one of the more popular streaming companies rather than having to be its own thing.

JavyOO7

All of it that they've uploaded so far. I mean, Netflix already hosts every season of Law & Order. I can't imagine that's much different from a load of older Raws/Nitros. I'm just wondering why WWE Network couldn't have been some kind of deal with one of the more popular streaming companies rather than having to be its own thing.

Oh, that's what you mean. Ultimately I think this will be something everyone will look back on and agree how it paid dividends for WWE to do something like this in house rather than letting Netflix or Amazon do all the work.

Top Bottom