• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| Ask Not The Jobber How John Cena Wins

DMczaf

Cena and Reigns are gonna have such an epic feud over who gets to raise the other one's hand.

john-cena-roman-reigns-stand-tall-on-wwe-raw.jpg

XenoRaven

So Alberts is parked in a handicapped slot and Bayley is parked in the area that is reserved for the handicapped people to exit their vehicles. Way to go carnies.

"Konichi-wa, Nihonjin! Watashi-wa Bruce Tharpe-des, National Wrestling Alliance-shochou!!"

ivVmEcy7XgGQg.gif

Stuff about Wrestle Kingdom on PPV in the states and ROH's involvement;

The negative is the four-hour window. As anyone who watches New Japan shows knows, their big shows are usually four-and-a-half hours and Tokyo Domes closer to five hours. Given all the talent in the promotion, plus the pageantry with the long and elaborate entrances, they will have to cut back on match time to hit four hours, causing them to rush through prelims. Another question would be if they will break Japan tradition and run a show with no intermission, which at least would give them about 20 more minutes to work with, which they’ll need.

Nothing is for sure, but we do know that Kyle O’Reilly, Bobby Fish and the ROH champion at the time were all earmarked for the show, which was to include both ROH and NWA title defenses, besides those of the Japanese belts.

The talent expected to be on the show from ROH was told that as things stood, they would still be on the show but their match would not air on PPV into the U.S., meaning the matches (believed to be two bouts although nothing is confirmed at press time for any ROH talent on the show) would be dark matches.

One ROH source said that everything is in flux but at the end of the day, everything will work out. Another person involved in the situation said that they believe, by the show time, it will all work out as well, but right now there is an issue in the sense Sinclair doesn’t really understand wrestling. The feeling is it will hopefully be worked out.

Two other sources said airfare for some ROH talent has already been purchased by New Japan, which makes things awkward.

ROH talent affected by this, which includes Fish, O’Reilly and Cole are said to be privately very down about all this, as one could imagine. Not just appearing at the Dome before the largest crowd and biggest show they’ve ever been on, but the ability to have it also air in the U.S. and try and have a great match could be career highlights for them.

Hope they can work this out, although you can understand why Sinclair see GFW and New Japan as competition, but it'd suck for the ROH guys not to be able to perform on such a grand stage. Also, the 4 hour PPV window isn't great for a Dome show (which is often 10 or more matches with a 20 minute intermission), although they could cut a lot of the undercard filler stuff.

*edit, always wondered why lucha promotions persist with using near geriatric referees;

"Dragon Lee sunset flips Arkangel. The most nondescript finish possible. Hispano counts FROM THE CORNER OF THE OPPOSITE SIDE OF THE RING. He does this b/c he's old & needs the ropes to get up. He counts to 3 not even bothering to look up and see the pin was broken up. The next 2 mins are spent with him waving his arms saying the match is over while everyone else keeps wrestling. Hispano pulls the tecnicos into the ring and raises their hand. So absurd. Just an embarrassment for the wrestlers & an old man who clearly is not all there any longer. If CMLL puts him back in the ring it's legit elder abuse. Let the man work backstage. Save what's left of his dignity."

strobogo

Banned
Cornette adds nothing to Owen. In fact, it brings Owen down to be associated with this waste of space. The Yokozuna association is fine because Yokozuna still had his beast top of the food chain aura, so he was like Owen's Diesel or whatever while letting Owen help carry him through matches so he could take breaks.

But Cornette's inclusion feels like it was there to get Cornette over. Which is the exact opposite of what a manager should do.

I agree. Fuck Cornette. He wasn't even doing Bulldog any favors, and Bulldog was a pretty shitty promo guy. Being associated with a prissy hick motormouth in pastel suits helps no one after 1989.

But that's something the WWF/E has done for years since Jr. became the Chairman, and that's make non-wrestlers top heels. He did it with Heenan, Corny, Vickie, himself, and his family. It's part of the signature Titan booking style. It's something I've always hated, but when it works, it really works.

God damn, I can't even explain how big the gulf between Brain and Cornette is.

*reading the responses to stro's OT thread*

some of these are hilarious.

iMO8vJsppKYBA.gif

I have such a better understanding of Sunny's threads now.

Hoping to get the WWE Network in the UK without having to subscribe to Sky? Tough luck;

"A Sky Sports customer service representative confirmed that WWE Network will be launched as a Sky Sports channel. "Yes, we will launch it as a channel with Sky TV," the customer service rep wrote in a one-on-one chat. "Currently we don't have any details but it will be going to be soon... And you will will be notified by adv, email or call."

http://www.prowrestling.net/article.php?Dot-Net-WWE-News-Major-update-on-WWE-Network-in-the-UK-39639

Vylash

Tonight's NXT matches:

Bayley and Charlotte vs Becky Lynch and Sasha Banks

Tyson Kidd vs Dash Wilder

Number One Contender's Match: Sami Zayn vs Tyler Breeze

Plus the long awaited debut of
Finn Balor/Prince Devitt

Ithil

How I see the LU hype train going:

Derailed once they have a show or two that falter, or the format will get stale. People in here are SO hyped after 2 shows and anything that gets so much hype always gets turned on. Every single time.

Actually I think it's going to get better, as these early shows are still getting the format and focus down, and half the roster hasn't arrived yet.

Hoping to get the WWE Network in the UK without having to subscribe to Sky? Tough luck;

http://www.prowrestling.net/article.php?Dot-Net-WWE-News-Major-update-on-WWE-Network-in-the-UK-39639

If WWE Network is a Sky Channel it's just lost all appeal. It's went from being a £6 service I control, to a £30 channel (Basic Sky Package + Sky Sports + WWE Channel) someone dictates. WWE want to hope Sky are throwing money at them, as they've just limited who can access and who can afford this content. They've also just removed the exact appeal of The Network - being able to select what you want to watch.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I like Corny as a New Generation manager. Pretty much the only thing I like him for. Some of those promos are great.

Aiii

So not worth it
If WWE Network is a Sky Channel it's just lost all appeal. It's went from being a £6 service I control, to a £30 channel (Basic Sky Package + Sky Sports + WWE Channel) someone dictates. WWE want to hope Sky are throwing money at them, as they've just limited who can access and who can afford this content. They've also just removed the exact appeal of The Network - being able to select what you want to watch.

So just get a DNS service and the actual Network for a fraction of that? Maybe that's what WWE want anyway.

strobogo

Banned
It actually kind of upsets me that The Chosen One got banned for calling out exactly what happens in every one of those threads though :/

Shhh. But I don't know how he got banned for that post when a guy calling the 15 year old a "little shit" who knew exactly what he was doing didn't.

So just get a DNS service and the actual Network for a fraction of that? Maybe that's what WWE want anyway.

I do that already, dummy. Maybe. Shh. Dutch. Always defending the WWE, you're their biggest mark. I wish you'd support something alternative.

Aiii

So not worth it
Are Amazon and WWE having a contest over which company can throw away money the quickest?

That Sky deal is supposed to be pretty damn sweet for them though, so I don't think it's hurting the company as much as it hurts the potential customer.

Zach

Starrcade '83: A Flair for the Gold - B

Starrcade '84: The Million Dollar Challenge - C

WrestleMania - B-
The Wrestling Classic - D+
Starrcade '85: The Gathering - C

WrestleMania 2 - C+
The Big Event - C-
Starrcade '86: The Sky Walkers - C+

WrestleMania III - B-
Starrcade '87: Chi-Town Heat - C+
Survivor Series '87 - C-