• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| Ask Not The Jobber How John Cena Wins

T
HANOS
MF

giphy.gif

Good for him, going through the dojo system is a real tough prospect but it'll be a good indicator as to whether he has what it takes.

Is the Dojo system any good?

Just by looking how much NJPW struggles to make new stars coming from their Dojo in comparison to DG, that has a lot of young promising stars.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

Just by looking how much NJPW struggles to make new stars coming from their Dojo in comparison to DG, that has a lot of young promising stars.

Dojo system'll learn ya

WCW Monday Nitro 9/18/95

After a not good Fall Brawl we have a good Nitro with good matches, bullshit with the Giant aside. Flair/Anderson is a good feud

Mr. Wonderful's theme is the best thing

One of the reasons New Japan are struggling to attract promising talent to the dojo is because the system is very strict, very hard going and with no guarantee of success. Lots of trainees burn out before they even graduate to 'young lion' status and start getting on shows, then after they debut it's a year or two of jobbing before they get sent overseas on a learning excursion a further 1-2 years. I think places like Dragon Gate & DDT are seen as an easier route, plus guys like Ibushi and Omega have proven that you don't necessarily need to be a home grown guy to get a good spot in the promotion.

One of the reasons New Japan are struggling to attract promising talent to the dojo is because the system is very strict, very hard going and with no guarantee of success. Lots of trainees burn out before they even graduate to 'young lion' status and start getting on shows, then after they debut it's a year or two of jobbing before they get sent overseas on a learning excursion a further 1-2 years. I think places like Dragon Gate & DDT are seen as an easier route, plus guys like Ibushi and Omega have proven that you don't necessarily need to be a home grown guy to get a good spot in the promotion.

I just see the young lions to be really generic, like they have no personality and use a really basic move set, and in other Japanese promotions you see young guys already having a personality and using a diversified move set.

I just see the young lions to be really generic, like they have no personality and use a really basic move set, and in other Japanese promotions you see young guys already having a personality and using a diversified move set.

Oh yeah, other promotions definitely let their trainees off the leash way earlier than New Japan - the young lions aren't given much opportunity to shine until they return from their learning excursions. It's all about getting the basics down perfect, but they usually have one aspect that they get to show off (for Okada it was his dropkick, unsurprisingly).

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Who are those poverty kids next to Stan Lee? They look like they have a quarter to share between them.

Probably only have a quarter to split between them if they had to pay for a ticket to a convention and then pay for a ticket to have a photo op with Stan Lee. Hard times for nerds.

I don't get why people are comparing Lucha Underground to Wrestling Society X.

Probably only have a quarter to split between them if they had to pay for a ticket to a convention and then pay for a ticket to have a photo op with Stan Lee. Hard times for nerds.

I don't get why people are comparing Lucha Underground to Wrestling Society X.

The first 5 minutes have a gritty venue and a band. That's probably it.

Did WWE change the terms of their November #FREEFREEFREE deal? I thought it was only for new subscribers but I just got an e-mail that said "November is free when you come back".

Did WWE change the terms of their November #FREEFREEFREE deal? I thought it was only for new subscribers but I just got an e-mail that said "November is free when you come back".

I'm pretty sure it means that November is free, so long as you pay for December after that. No way there's no strings attached.

Carny wording.

Aiii

So not worth it

For fucks sake.

Thank God Devitt is debuting making me not feel completely shitty I am actually paying money for this shit.

16BitNova

So I just watched The Rock's episode of Monday Night War on the network. And that reminded me. Why did the Rock show up on Raw that one day recently during the Rusev promo? Just seems so random and purposeless.

jred2k

So I just watched The Rock's episode of Monday Night War on the network. And that reminded me. Why did the Rock show up on Raw that one day recently during the Rusev promo? Just seems so random and purposeless.

Raw's rating has been getting it's shit pushed in since MNF started and I think he was in Brooklyn anyway. They seem to be trying to push an "anything can happen" narrative about Raw with a few random pop-ups like Vince this past Monday.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I already saw tonight's NXT in jiff format, so I don't feel pressured to watch :/ Now I know how those shitty indies feel.

Top Bottom