• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| Ask Not The Jobber How John Cena Wins

strobogo

Banned
Axel has always been mediocre. He can put on a good match here and there, but he's a charismatic black hole. When Heyman can't even get you over, you know you're bad.

Heyman has been death for everyone besides Brock for the past 2 and a half years. Ryback and Cesaro also came off worse after being paired with Heyman and Punk's angle with him was pretty bad as well.

Ryback and Axel both were far better off together without Heyman. Cesaro's momentum died as soon as he got paired up with Heyman.

Apparently Rock/HHH were suppose to be WM30 until plans changed. The idea was for Vince and Steph/HHH to have a power struggle over the company, that will put Vince vs Steph/HHH. Vince will have to turn to his best friend The Rock to represent him in a match vs HHH at WM.

It was all set to go, but Rock couldn't do it. The beginning of the program that was written last year was done on Raw last Monday, so Meltzer thinks that's where its heading.

I can dig it. Only if Rock has to go through Cena first to prove he is the One True Company Man. Maybe make it Network only, Vince gotta feed those kids somehow.

Heyman has been death for everyone besides Brock for the past 2 and a half years. Ryback and Cesaro also came off worse after being paired with Heyman and Punk's angle with him was pretty bad as well.

Ryback and Axel both were far better off together without Heyman. Cesaro's momentum died as soon as he got paired up with Heyman.

I don't know that that is as much a fault of Heyman as much as it is the way those guys were booked with him. Ryback and Axel were booked like complete goofs and jobbers for Punk to beat up on. And Cesaro should have never been put with him in the first place. He was the one of the hottest guys in the company leading up to Mania and coming out of it and should have absolutely been turned. He'll almost certainly never be that over again. The reason Heyman worked with Punk and Brock is because both of those were booked strong, so Heyman talking them up actually had credibility and mattered.

strobogo

Banned
I don't know that that is as much a fault of Heyman as much as it is the way those guys were booked with him. Ryback and Axel were booked like complete goofs and jobbers for Punk to beat up on. And Cesaro should have never been put with him in the first place. He was the one of the hottest guys in the company leading up to Mania and coming out of it and should have absolutely been turned. He'll almost certainly never be that over again. The reason Heyman worked with Punk and Brock is because both of those were booked strong, so Heyman talking them up actually had credibility and mattered.

It's more because everyone looks so inferior when your client is Brock Lesnar. Fucking Curtis Axel ain't shit on a good day. Especially not when Heyman is managing Brock.

Big One

Banned
Hmmm Kane and Bray would actually make a good team in a weird way.
Both are demonic entities so it makes perfect sense. Having them tutor the Ascension would be some awesome stuff. Kane could train Konnor, and Bray can train Vicktor.

Have them be like the new Ministry or something with Bray doing all the promo work.

It's more because everyone looks so inferior when your client is Brock Lesnar. Fucking Curtis Axel ain't shit on a good day. Especially not when Heyman is managing Brock.

Yeah. I think Cesaro was most hurt by this. They wanted Heyman to talk about Brock nonstop while also trying to make Cesaro seem like a big deal as a bad guy who the fans wanted to cheer. Like they had a sure star in their hands and tried as hard as possible to fuck it up, intentionally or not. Mission accomplished.

Vylash

You know someone I don't want to hear about WWE "missing the boat" on? Curtis Axel.

Sure, the guy got made to look like a fool with Triple H. But honestly, what the fuck was his upside? Average worker, average talker, little charisma. I sometimes hear he has "all the tools."

Short measuring stick.

he's a good solid wrestler who needs a bit more time to find his character

MC Safety

You know someone I don't want to hear about WWE "missing the boat" on? Curtis Axel.

Sure, the guy got made to look like a fool with Triple H. But honestly, what the fuck was his upside? Average worker, average talker, little charisma. I sometimes hear he has "all the tools."

Short measuring stick.

He really is Mr. Imperfect.

Whatever his dad is/was, he is not.

Short measuring stick.
Saving this post for when Curtis Axel wins his first IWGP Heavweight Championship

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Both are demonic entities so it makes perfect sense. Having them tutor the Ascension would be some awesome stuff. Kane could train Konnor, and Bray can train Vicktor.

Have them be like the new Ministry or something with Bray doing all the promo work.
Kane would be best used as the leader of his own group of young dark characters. A New Ministry built around the Wyatts and Ascension with Bray and Kane leading it would have been great.

I mean, the WWE would have fucked it up, anyway, but still.

Kane would be best used as the leader of his own group of young dark characters. A New Ministry built around the Wyatts and Ascension with Bray and Kane leading it would have been great.

I mean, the WWE would have fucked it up, anyway, but still.
Kane would be best used if he stayed home and became a family man. It's almost 2015,please stay out of the ring.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Kane would be best used if he stayed home and became a family man. It's almost 2015,please stay out of the ring.
The guy had the best match of the night against Ziggler last week. He can still go, and he's actually willing to put people over. A guy at his age, with his physique, and he's willing to put people over with no problems? That's rare. You smarks want Kane gone, then get mad when your favorite internet darling has to job. You need credible old guys around who can still go and are willing to put over young guys.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
are we pretending that Kane is credible?
Not in his current form, but that speaks to the strength of the character. All you have to do is put the mask on him, have them say, "The Old Kane is Back!" for the thousandth time, maybe have him stand next to Taker, and boom, credibility is back.

It's not like he would be any less credible than anyone else on the show not named Lesnar or Cena.

I always found Rybaxel to be a highly entertaining tag team. It's a shame they didn't get to do more promos and backstage stuff where I think their dynamic would have really shined. As a singles, Axel is a good guy to throw out there to have a good match but he's never going to be the guy anyone pays to see.

Apparently the merchandise people are being told to start coming up with a lot more stuff for the Ascension, so they're probably debuting on the main roster soon. I wouldn't be surprised if they help Wyatt beat Ambrose at SS because neither guy can really afford a clean loss right now.

My only complaint about the debut on NXT is that they cut out the part where the Prince Devitt name was on the screen and spliced the pop that got onto Balor's entrance when he walked out.

If "we" means Soul and Player, then yes.

Albert sucks at commentary. He either yells a bunch or says, "We've seen this before!" before every signature move.

Albert sucks, Riley sucks, Young suck, the interchangeable commentary-o-trons are bearable. Regal's the stand out and elevates whoever he's working with but they think he's the shit so they won't let him do it. There's no hope for commentary in the WWE.

strobogo

Banned
NXT would have been better if it wasn't the last show of a set of tapings. And if the stream didn't die for me right as Prince Divot showed up.

RP912

Banned

I like this booking you cooking up right there....

Perfect's son did give us this gem.

pipW2Ml.gif

Vylash

Not in his current form, but that speaks to the strength of the character. All you have to do is put the mask on him, have them say, "The Old Kane is Back!" for the thousandth time, maybe have him stand next to Taker, and boom, credibility is back.

It's not like he would be any less credible than anyone else on the show not named Lesnar or Cena.

they've been going on and off with the mask forever, it means nothing, he means nothing #FireKane

Apparently the merchandise people are being told to start coming up with a lot more stuff for the Ascension, so they're probably debuting on the main roster soon. I wouldn't be surprised if they help Wyatt beat Ambrose at SS because neither guy can really afford a clean loss right now.

glad we're getting this over with so they can get a 3 month run before being demoted to superstars

GhaleonQ

My only complaint about the debut on NXT is that they cut out the part where the Prince Devitt name was on the screen and spliced the pop that got onto Balor's entrance when he walked out.

The editing was weird. It missed the double pop, 1 for the name and 1 for his appearance, and it seemed quieter on television than live. If I didn't know him, I'd assume he was just another guy.

Short measuring stick.

I read this in HHH voice

So, whatever happened to Popcorn Time? And the legalities of it? Seemed like that was too good to be true.

It's disgusting is what it is.

It's pretty good. It added support for TV shows a while back which is nice. Pretty much just like netflix for recent stuff, but old shows and the first seasons of shows that have been on a while take too long to be worth it.

I think there are two versions of it now since the main one got taken down. I use the popcorntime.io one.

Just disgusting.

Season 4 of Alias makes current WWE storytelling look masterful in comparison.

As friend Heel once said, it's in our DNA to be attached to awful forms of entertainment.

strobogo

Banned
It's disgusting is what it is.

It's pretty good. It added support for TV shows a while back which is nice. Pretty much just like netflix for recent stuff, but old shows and the first seasons of shows that have been on a while take too long to be worth it.

I think there are two versions of it now since the main one got taken down. I use the popcorntime.io one.

Just disgusting.

The EoT gif I posted I made from using PT. I wanted to watch DOFP but went with EoT and when it started messing up I gave up. It has a VPN built in now but it still feels like a trap to me. I'm way more scared to use it than downloading something from TPB or KAT.

It's so easy to not use something like this nowadays for me. Netflix will give you a free trial every few months to come back. I have a dope library. And Redbox is so cheap. It's been a long time since I actually used a site like TPB. Most of my "piracy" was from wrestling websites for things that were otherwise unavailable for purchase. Things like a year of Nitros and Thunders. I don't feel bad about downloading those. Well, I do feel bad about them, but not because I downloaded them.

Top Bottom