• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| Ask Not The Jobber How John Cena Wins

strobogo

Banned
Picture-23.png

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Black Spider, sequel to Black Knight. Just needs a jersey-style web suit.

somedevil

Impact didn't chart again in the top 100 shows. So the 18-49 was .3 or below again. It seems like people are realizing its close to ending so a good deal have just stopped watching.

Impact didn't chart again in the top 100 shows. So the 18-49 was .3 or below again. It seems like people are realizing its close to ending so a good deal have just stopped watching.

I don't think one person even commented on last nights episode here. Lucha Underground got more commentacommentary on the episode.

Alucard

Banned

I'm in that category. Still on my DVR. Fast forwarded through a load of stuff last week and just watched the Roode/Lashley match.

I'm okay with it being the end. I've made my peace with it, and I'd be shocked if they continued on in the new year.

Alucard

Banned
Watching last night's Impact now. Lineup actually sounds quite good.

-Lashley vs. Roode rematch
-Low Ki and Joe vs. Hardys
-Gail Kim vs. Havok

Edit: Swerve! It's Roode vs. MVP. Tension in MLK.

So yeah, I've pretty much committed to only watching an hour of ROH and an hour of Lucha Underground every week. I'm done trying to convince myself that the WWE is going to get better any time soon. Cena and creative ruin way too many stories and characters.

Watching last night's Impact now. Lineup actually sounds quite good.

-Lashley vs. Roode rematch
-Low Ki and Joe vs. Hardys
-Gail Kim vs. Havok

Edit: Swerve! It's Roode vs. MVP. Tension in MLK.

TShyWAt.gif

2nd Episode of Lucha Underground was alright. The opener was fun but a good chunk of the commentary sounded like it was added in later and it was all done in a generic video game fashion.

While I generally don't mind how they tape the backstage stuff, they really needed to space out the Puma/Konnan stuff from the match. Maybe it came off better with commercials but even then I think it would still be a little fast.

Gonzalez

Banned
Watching an old RAW episode right now, and I can't believe Lawler had Egon's hair. And when I say Egon, I mean The Real Ghostbusters Egon. I had no idea that hair was possible in real life.

strobogo

Banned
LEGITSHOOK.COM PRESENTS

WCW STARRCADE 1996

• Ultimo Dragon vs That Motherfucker Dean Malenko WCW Cruiserweight Championship J-Crown Title Unification Match
  • Madusa vs Akira Hokuto WCW Women's Championship
  • Jushin Liger vs Rey Mysterio Jr
  • Chris Benoit vs Jeff Jarrett No Disqualification
  • The Outsiders vs Faces of Fear WCW Tag Team Championships
  • DDP vs Eddie Guerrero WCW US Championship
  • The Giant vs Lex Luger
  • Hollywood Hogan vs Roddy Piper

iZ1fs0mQZpUyJ.gif

islNSyKdnRmyW.gif

i03FReBFAlUlH.gif

ib1BjzUQDWHjF5.gif

ibdP1L9wNLPULY.gif

Really fun up to DDP/Eddie, which was boring and killed the crowd. Hogan/Piper was actually worse than you'd think. Piper was blown up about 4 minutes in without even really doing anything and it just went downhill from there. I feel like the fan jumping was a plant, because it just happened that the crowd was distracted with him being taken out and most people missed Hulk losing the match. Seems like a very Hogan thing to do. Hall was a blast in the tag match. Dude got the dog shit knocked out of him.

somedevil

Next week is the final episode of TNA right?

Nov 19

I don't remember mentioning TNA recently but there's only a few more eps of it anyway

Hell I should probably watch the last couple

If you want to be spoiled this is most likely the last segment for the Season/Series finally of Impact:

Kurt Angle comes out and addresses MVP's backstage attack on him. MVP interrupts and says he's tired of everyone, tired of TNA and tired of Angle. Angle attacks MVP and Kenny King makes the save. MVP kicks Angle in the head. Mr. Anderson runs down but Lashley takes him out with a spear. Bobby Roode comes down and throws Kenny King into the barrier. Roode and Lashley brawl in the ring. MVP leaves. Roode destroys Lashley and clears the ring of him. Impact ends with Roode starting a TNA chant and posing with the title.

edit: TNA rating:

TNA impact on Wednesday, November 5 scored a 0.75 cable TV rating versus a 0.70 cable rating last week.

Impact drew 930,000 viewers, only slightly up from 911,000 viewers last Wednesday.

Nov 19

If you want to be spoiled this is most likely the last segment for the Season/Series finally of Impact:

edit: TNA rating:

Ahh ok. That last segment sounds like the last segment for every show in the last year just with interchangeable people in the roles. What will Dixie do without TNA to try and start a tv career?

You know someone I don't want to hear about WWE "missing the boat" on? Curtis Axel.

Sure, the guy got made to look like a fool with Triple H. But honestly, what the fuck was his upside? Average worker, average talker, little charisma. I sometimes hear he has "all the tools."

Short measuring stick.

Axel has always been mediocre. He can put on a good match here and there, but he's a charismatic black hole. When Heyman can't even get you over, you know you're bad.

RP912

Banned
You know someone I don't want to hear about WWE "missing the boat" on? Curtis Axel.

Sure, the guy got made to look like a fool with Triple H. But honestly, what the fuck was his upside? Average worker, average talker, little charisma. I sometimes hear he has "all the tools."

Short measuring stick.

well axel had an old school style to him. When he wrestled it reeked of 1991. Other than that................his theme music was glorious.

Short measuring stick.

He is a charisma vacuum. It was obvious from the outside he never had it, but kept getting chances as a 2nd generation superstar. If you are with Paul Heyman and you can't get over there is a serious issue. If he has something he isn't showing it in WWE. Maybe if TNA lives he can go there or to GFW.

I'd expect him to be one of the cuts tomorrow. Someone's gotta pay for the network failure.

Top Bottom