• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| Ask Not The Jobber How John Cena Wins

Mengetsu

i0K13D1sbrWGy.gif

You've got no soul.

Who the fuck wears some shit like that to a game? Is there context behind this or just trying to be scary as shit?

Who the fuck wears some shit like that to a game? Is there context behind this or just trying to be scary as shit?

The hand over heart and the facial expression of that mask I would think is supposed to imply being overtaken by feels, sadness, etc. Eh, it's whatever you want it to be. As for who would wear it to a game, only those who want to be immortalized in a gif.

Having continuity for a dumb thing is still a dumb thing.

She looked at herself in the mirror and decided to become evil.

That's not what happened though. The mirror was just a call back or a nod to the past. It's pretty easy to understand what happened. Becky had lost multiple times to Charlotte in the span of few months. She was frustrated. Sasha told her she wouldn't be able to move forward as long as she played nice. So she stopped playing nice. It's basic storytelling that works and yet it seems to be going over your head.

Aiii

So not worth it
Well, at least now her role is matching how shitty she is, so I can boo her silently and not feel like WWE is trying to pretend someone is likeable when they're not. NXT at least puts people in their natural roles, I suppose.

Alucard

Banned
So, apparently the Ambrose/Rollins HiaC match was the first time since Survivor Series 1994 that two guys under 30 headlined a PPV. Last time was Yoko vs. Taker.

Well, at least now her role is matching how shitty she is, so I can boo her silently and not feel like WWE is trying to pretend someone is likeable when they're not. NXT at least puts people in their natural roles, I suppose.

Becky is best as a heel, I just wish she was more like her original character on the indies. Also, for such a technically gifted wrestler, they sure have watered down her war crate for NXT.

Becky is best as a heel, I just wish she was more like her original character on the indies. Also, for such a technically gifted wrestler, they sure have watered down her war crate for NXT.

I guess she was out of the game for a long time, could just be getting back used to being in the ring again

Lance Storm wrote an article on his website, StormWrestling.com, making a case for Debrah Miceli in the WWE Hall of Fame. Miceli had a lengthy career in the AWA, WCW and WWF as “Madusa” and “Alundra Blayze”.

“Miceli broke into wrestling in 1984 and retired when WCW shut down in early 2001. Over those 17 years she worked full time for a major wrestling company for 14 of those years. She was both a manager/valet, and a widely respected wrestler. Her resume stacks up with the absolute best of the best, having succeeded in countless promotions in the US as well as in Japan.”

Storm discussed the seven other women currently in the WWE Hall of Fame and how, aside from Mae Young and the Fabulous Moolah, Miceli had a longer career than any of them.

“The only reason I can come up with to deny her, her spot in the WWE HOF is possible heat left over from her dumping the WWF Women’s Title into the trash on WCW Nitro. While I can see that being a sore spot, WWE has since employed Eric Bischoff, the guy who hired her and made her do to it. Hulk Hogan has also been welcomed back into the fold and given his rightful spot in the HOF, and certainly his role in the Monday Night WAR against WWE was much more damaging than Madusa’s.”

That's exactly why she should never ever be chosen to receive the award.

Fox318

Complete? Where is Yamato and where is hebi and Oro at? Seems barely anyone wears the Leaf village headband anymore,

Ino/Sai
Chouji/Karui
Shikamaru/Temari
Tenten/WeaponsShop
Hinata/(Naruto/Paperwork) [affair]
Shizune/Paperwork [another affair, paperwork is a cheater]
Sakura/Housework
Lee/YOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUTH!!!!!!!
LeeClone/YOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUTH!!!!!!!
Sakura/Sasuke
Sasuke/WanderingThroughWoods
Kakashi/NostalgiaBoner
Kiba/NobodyCuzHe'sAPoser
Gai/RetirementHomeForTheYOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUTHFUUUUUUL!!!!!!!
Akamaru/Sleep
Kurama/Sleep [affair?]
Anko/Sweets (she got FAT, wtf man?)
Shino/Teaching
Kurenai/Shisui's Hairstyle
Mei/Loneliness [how did she NOT attract SOMEBODY?]
Tsunade/Loneliness [affair, probably self-imposed by Tsunade subconsciously because Dan and Jiraiya are dead]
Chojuro/Exasperation
Bolt/Salad [crush? At the very least she's a Hinata-type stalker, which means it's pretty much official regardless of anything else] (at least she's not pink-haired, right?)
Konohamaru/Hypocrisy
Iruka/Pot [he's suddenly totally cool with disrespectful pranks, he's obviously high]
Oonoki/ActualRetirementHome
Orochimaru/Immortality

This part still gets me. :(
1ubZU5k.jpg

Ithil

Did she piss in your cereal or something? You've had it in for her since day one.

Aiii

So not worth it
Did she piss in your cereal or something? You've had it in for her since day one.

Nope, it's the mannerisms, as I've said before. The odd hyperactivity she has, the screaming, it's annoying. Out of all the women NXT has on TV, she is by far the worst.

I'm willing to change my opinions when she stops that and gets better, NXT is a learning ground, but so far she's as annoying as she was the first time, minus the Irish theme.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Alright well I guess if I had to ask...

What ex-Diva would you love to see return to WWE?

I'm split between Kharma and Beth Phoenix.

Aiii

So not worth it
Alright well I guess if I had to ask...

What ex-Diva would you love to see return to WWE?

I'm split between Kharma and Beth Phoenix.

Both are great, but I'd say Kharma because she never had a fair chance. Phoenix at least had the run with Natalya going.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Shinsuke Nakamura has been having fun with an Ishii standee

Kc1bI8q.png

1MSGjmg.jpg

Lita was good looking and all but good lord she would have killed herself in there.

Trish is Trish. Great example of a girl with no skills at first making it big before she left. I don't miss her too much.

Another good example of that trend was Candice Michelle, Vince sex slave storyline aside. I miss her.

Got overly hyped with Balor/Devitt's debut romp.

Though I felt that they had the wrong camera angles with the first set of corner dropkicks, and even the Pele Kick.

And for some reason, Itami's Busaiku didn't feel that impactful.

When Balor stood over Konnor I was awaiting for him to do the gun pose lol

Also that pose Balor was using kinda reminded me of Rainmaker for some reason.

That's not what happened though. The mirror was just a call back or a nod to the past. It's pretty easy to understand what happened. Becky had lost multiple times to Charlotte in the span of few months. She was frustrated. Sasha told her she wouldn't be able to move forward as long as she played nice. So she stopped playing nice. It's basic storytelling that works and yet it seems to be going over your head.

It wasn't just a nod to the past it was framing how Sasha elevated herself to Summer's former position. They pretty much managed to convey the reason for the heel turn, the progression of the two characters, and relationship between the two women by a few lines of dialogue and the way that they shot the scene. It wasn't the greatest story ever told but it managed to tell a more logical story with more character development in a minute than most 20 minute RAW promos manage.

Becky Lynch turned heel and is still fucking awful. She needs to stop every mannerism she's currently doing in the ring and start over fresh.

I'm sorry she actually put some effort into performing rather than just tilting her head in an attempt to look crazy Aiii.

“If doctors told Daniel Bryan that his surgeries were unsuccessful, and that it would be unsafe for him to return to a pro wrestling ring, would he be worthy of the WWE Hall of Fame in 2015?”

I would say no with how his career in the E pretty much came and went like a fart in the wind. Mediocre promo ability, great wrestling skills, bland personality, and only got over thanks to a 3 letter word

MC Safety

Yeah, you're right. I need you, serenewarfare, to explain the complexities of wrestling storylines to me. Because even though it's pretty easy to understand what happened here, it seems to have gone over my head.

strobogo

Banned
Can't believe I woke up to Aiii hating on a woman. Don't think we've ever seen that before. I thought he was a feminist or something.
i4GqIhsEit8zF.gif

Aiii

So not worth it
So just clarifying, you are allowed to not like male wrestlers, but not liking a specific female wrestler is a terrible thing and makes you a sexist right, that's how this works?

Top Bottom