• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| Ask Not The Jobber How John Cena Wins

The EoT gif I posted I made from using PT. I wanted to watch DOFP but went with EoT and when it started messing up I gave up. It has a VPN built in now but it still feels like a trap to me. I'm way more scared to use it than downloading something from TPB or KAT.

It's so easy to not use something like this nowadays for me. Netflix will give you a free trial every few months to come back. I have a dope library. And Redbox is so cheap. It's been a long time since I actually used a site like TPB. Most of my "piracy" was from wrestling websites for things that were otherwise unavailable for purchase. Things like a year of Nitros and Thunders. I don't feel bad about downloading those. Well, I do feel bad about them, but not because I downloaded them.
Yeah yeah, Netflix is pretty great. I also use the Amazon thing which isn't as good, but mostly because of the bad video player.

The one I have doesn't have a VPN built in. It sounds useful, but also kinda fishy. For the dedicated pirate I'd probably suggest just getting your own legit VPN and then use whatever. VPNs can be super useful for Netflix. I teleported myself to the UK to get next day Breaking Bad episodes when the final season was airing. Different regions have different selections.

I just hope they don't let Finn talk....just let him stomp the shit out of wrestlers.

He's a good talker, believe it or not. He really is one of the best all around guys in the world. Like I said, I think he'll have the most successful career of any of the guys in NXT right now.

strobogo

Banned
Yeah yeah, Netflix is pretty great. I also use the Amazon thing which isn't as good, but mostly because of the bad video player.

The one I have doesn't have a VPN built in. It sounds useful, but also kinda fishy. For the dedicated pirate I'd probably suggest just getting your own legit VPN and then use whatever. VPNs can be super useful for Netflix. I teleported myself to the UK to get next day Breaking Bad episodes when the final season was airing. Different regions have different selections.

Generally speaking, I just don't have a need for such things anymore. I saw Popcorn Time said they'd never be taken down again and wondered about it. I've only tried it a couple of times and never even half of a movie. It just feels like a trap and too good to be true. Currently I have a dope liberried, a free trial from Netflix every few months, just let my Prime membership expire because I never used it, have a Redbox not even 2 miles from me, and get free movies at my local theater. The last part is probably the most important one. I've been to more movies in the past 7 months than the last 10-15 years. At this point, I mostly just want to get the extras and commentary on things I've already seen, which the piracy method really doesn't help with anyway.

The main issue I come across is that my library only gets one bluray of any movie and a popular new release is usually hard to get for a while. I think my movie had 6 copies of both The Winter Soldier and DOFP on DVD and I haven't been able to get either. And you can't put movies on hold at my library, so it is either dumb luck for a while or checking the website frequently to see when things have been returned if I get them. Which I'm okay with, because I'm not paying for these things anyway.

Things like Redbox, Netflix, Spotify, and WWE Network really prove that if something is made easy and reasonable, people will go with the legal way over piracy.

nashvember

9dd8a2b0-64eb-11e4-8267-b598a4fe540a_Instagram-MagicMike.jpg

NXT was fun tonight. Good debut for Finn Balor tonight. Big pop from the pretty tired crowd bodes well for him.

Also, while I like almost all the entrance themes for all the upper card wrestlers on NXT these days, I especially like Finn Balor's.

Maybe I like it so much because it's instantly recognizable that it's pretty much all based around a pretty shameless rip-off of that guitar riff from Paranoid Android by Radiohead. But still, with the orchestral synth hits added in, it is completely its own thing and works really well.

Vylash

i can't stop laughing at the Xavier Woods thing, intelligent man of color and he's out there shuckin' and jivin' just like the rest

OO98C9n.gif

strobogo

Banned
NXT Diva match pulling the tights ...................just a little bit more..........

FU you creep. Stop being a creep. Creep. CREEP.

i can't stop laughing at the Xavier Woods thing, intelligent man of color and he's out there shuckin' and jivin' just like the rest

OO98C9n.gif

Shit was so uncomfortable. Dude has a PHD and is reduced to a James Brown/Cat knock off. I think the only two black wrestlers in WWE that didn't dance were Jazz and Rodney Mack.

Big One

Banned
Love Itami's facial expressions. Dude could be a fantastic heel. Put him in Shield 2.0 with Devitt and Steen and it'll be awesome.

RP912

Banned
Maybe the Woods thing is a work to fuel the incoming Nation 2.0 :D

*cries* fucking wwe wouldn't do such things though

I must say that Asuma's son is a very Shisui looking character. Hair and everything. Inherited Kurenai's beautiful eyes and Asuma's strong face and a bit of a shisui look inbetween. Good looking kid ^_^.

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
Maybe the Woods thing is a work to fuel the incoming Nation 2.0 :D

*cries* fucking wwe wouldn't do such things though

Is he a singer or a preacher? I thought he was a preacher and that the other guys would be some of his followers. Sort of like they Wyatt's but now they are split up so yeah.

This may be good news for some of you.

A buddy of mine just told me that if you have Comcast, you can watch Lucha Underground. The El Rey channel is not in Comcast, but the programming is, via the On-Demand service.

Perhaps this will extend to other cable systems' On-Demand services as well. Who knows?

Regardless, since Comcast is one of the biggest cable providers in the US, this will probably be good news to at least a few WrassleGAFers.

Love Itami's facial expressions. Dude could be a fantastic heel. Put him in Shield 2.0 with Devitt and Steen and it'll be awesome.

I don't think there should be a "Shield 2.0" and if there is, not with these three. As much as I love all three guys, what made the Shield work was that it was different and fresh. It was something we hadn't seen in a long time. And on top of that, it was three guys that no one was thinking could or would be put together. Everything about it worked. It was the perfect time and place for it. I think if you tried it again, it'd come off like a cheap retread and no one wants that. There's only one Shield, and we'll more than likely see them back together sooner rather than later.

Aiii

So not worth it
Becky Lynch turned heel and is still fucking awful. She needs to stop every mannerism she's currently doing in the ring and start over fresh.

Mengetsu

I must say that Asuma's son is a very Shisui looking character. Hair and everything. Inherited Kurenai's beautiful eyes and Asuma's strong face and a bit of a shisui look inbetween. Good looking kid ^_^.

The ending made me happy. Sakura gets to be a housewife with a deadbeat husbando while Naruto get's the greatness that is Hinata.

hXpLssP.png

After following the series for 12 years i feel complete.

OO98C9n.gif

I'm not even surprised anymore...I've been so burned by WWE the past few months cause of choices like this. Thank goodness for NXT and Lucha Underground.

MC Safety

Becky Lynch turned heel and is still fucking awful. She needs to stop every mannerism she's currently doing in the ring and start over fresh.

The turn was so dumb.

"Look at yourself in the mirror!" And there was a mirror, and she looked into it.

The turn was so dumb.

"Look at yourself in the mirror!" And there was a mirror, and she looked into it.

It was a call back to Sasha's turn, which happened in a very similar way last year. Summer Rae told Sasha that she'd never get anywhere being nice. Sasha basically told Becky the same thing. I like the continuity a lot. But they should have pointed it out for people who were unaware.

So I disagree. The turn was not dumb. It was well executed actually.

MC Safety

It was a call back to Sasha's turn, which happened in a very similar way last year. Summer Rae told Sasha that she'd never get anywhere being nice. Sasha basically told Becky the same thing. I like the continuity a lot. But they should have pointed it out for people who were unaware.

So I disagree. The turn was not dumb. It was well executed actually.

Having continuity for a dumb thing is still a dumb thing.

She looked at herself in the mirror and decided to become evil.

Recall

The ending made me happy. Sakura gets to be a housewife with a deadbeat husbando while Naruto get's the greatness that is Hinata.

hXpLssP.png

I'm not even surprised anymore...I've been so burned by WWE the past few months cause of choices like this. Thank goodness for NXT and Lucha Underground.

I have no context but why does the third speech bubble have off centre text? Is it just how's its cropped? First glance took me off guard :/

hXpLssP.png

Complete? Where is Yamato and where is hebi and Oro at? Seems barely anyone wears the Leaf village headband anymore,

Ino/Sai
Chouji/Karui
Shikamaru/Temari
Tenten/WeaponsShop
Hinata/(Naruto/Paperwork) [affair]
Shizune/Paperwork [another affair, paperwork is a cheater]
Sakura/Housework
Lee/YOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUTH!!!!!!!
LeeClone/YOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUTH!!!!!!!
Sakura/Sasuke
Sasuke/WanderingThroughWoods
Kakashi/NostalgiaBoner
Kiba/NobodyCuzHe'sAPoser
Gai/RetirementHomeForTheYOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUTHFUUUUUUL!!!!!!!
Akamaru/Sleep
Kurama/Sleep [affair?]
Anko/Sweets (she got FAT, wtf man?)
Shino/Teaching
Kurenai/Shisui's Hairstyle
Mei/Loneliness [how did she NOT attract SOMEBODY?]
Tsunade/Loneliness [affair, probably self-imposed by Tsunade subconsciously because Dan and Jiraiya are dead]
Chojuro/Exasperation
Bolt/Salad [crush? At the very least she's a Hinata-type stalker, which means it's pretty much official regardless of anything else] (at least she's not pink-haired, right?)
Konohamaru/Hypocrisy
Iruka/Pot [he's suddenly totally cool with disrespectful pranks, he's obviously high]
Oonoki/ActualRetirementHome
Orochimaru/Immortality

"Naruto… I now remember the words you once said to me. That when you're with me, you finally understand what it's like to have a brother… And when I think of it that way… That feeling… I finally get it now. I've been traveling around the world and I seem to recall these memories a lot. We were alone and starved of love. Kids that lived in a world full of hate. And from that point on, we went our separate ways… and fought. But time has passed and now I'm thinking… Could it be that… just like how the hope and and pain from my father, mother and my brother, Itachi flowed into me… I'd understand your pain and hopes too, Naruto? You never abandoned me, no matter what. And you never gave up on me, coming closer when I pulled away. It wouldn't have surprised me if you hated me, but you didn't… You kept insisting that we were friends. And even that, I nearly destroyed. You fought to stop me… to the point you lost an arm. All because you were my friend. You saved me. The us that quarrelled over the smallest things… are now able to share the pain in each other's hearts. On my journey around the world, I noticed… That all these feelings of mine aren't just about us, I'm sure it's the same for everything else. But… there aren't a lot of people like you. And things won't go as planned, look at us. It's especially true when it comes to bigger things. I think it's the same as praying. And until I can do it, I'll stay strong. The beings that have been entrusted with hope… that's us. That's what makes us shinobi."

This part still gets me. :(

Vylash

hXpLssP.png

Yeah I'm pretty happy with everything...except tenten running a failing weapons shop and not having a more prominant role, wtf

Browny

Banned
Just caught up with NXT and Balor's debut... Having seen the fan-cam footage, the editing came off not too badly. Balor's got a great look, the man is going places quickly. And who doesn't love double footstomps all round?

DiscoJon

Banned
Complete? Where is Yamato and where is hebi and Oro at? Seems barely anyone wears the Leaf village headband anymore,

Ino/Sai
Chouji/Karui
Shikamaru/Temari
Tenten/WeaponsShop
Hinata/(Naruto/Paperwork) [affair]
Shizune/Paperwork [another affair, paperwork is a cheater]
Sakura/Housework
Lee/YOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUTH!!!!!!!
LeeClone/YOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUTH!!!!!!!
Sakura/Sasuke
Sasuke/WanderingThroughWoods
Kakashi/NostalgiaBoner
Kiba/NobodyCuzHe'sAPoser
Gai/RetirementHomeForTheYOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUTHFUUUUUUL!!!!!!!
Akamaru/Sleep
Kurama/Sleep [affair?]
Anko/Sweets (she got FAT, wtf man?)
Shino/Teaching
Kurenai/Shisui's Hairstyle
Mei/Loneliness [how did she NOT attract SOMEBODY?]
Tsunade/Loneliness [affair, probably self-imposed by Tsunade subconsciously because Dan and Jiraiya are dead]
Chojuro/Exasperation
Bolt/Salad [crush? At the very least she's a Hinata-type stalker, which means it's pretty much official regardless of anything else] (at least she's not pink-haired, right?)
Konohamaru/Hypocrisy
Iruka/Pot [he's suddenly totally cool with disrespectful pranks, he's obviously high]
Oonoki/ActualRetirementHome
Orochimaru/Immortality

jerichoc5lg6.gif

Mengetsu

Are we talking about demons again?
Nah just Teen Ninjas fighting wars and growing up.

Gonna make me read it again man :(

Most people don't know what to do with them self's due to all the peace and so you get Anko getting lazy/fat. As for Team Hawk Kishi said already that he created them due to Jump wanting more characters so im not surprised to not see them around in the end.

Yeah I'm pretty happy with everything...except tenten running a failing weapons shop and not having a more prominant role, wtf

Lol regulated to nothing now that there's peace. She really should of gotten into something else.

Aiii

So not worth it
With Constantine on NBC and WWE being a part of the NBC Universal family, WWE should get Constantine on the show as a guest and have him try and fail to exorcise Bray.

WWE Live on in about 8 hours! Can't wait. Ambrose vs Wyatt and Kane sounds pretty damn amazing, but i'm probably more in the mood for Ziggler vs Cesaro. This is gonna be fun~!

Top Bottom