• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| Ask Not The Jobber How John Cena Wins

What if Thanos starred in an 80s situational comedy?

Zt5P89L.gif

Backlash 2007 is pretty dope. WWE 2007 was pretty dope outside the benoit stuff.

It makes the terribleness of 2008-2011 baffling in comparison.

jred2k

¡HarlequinPanic!;137788225 said:
those takis chips that wwe keeps advertising are gross.

too bad doritos went into business for themselves and attached to much larger brands.

I no longer eat or drink anything that doesn't give me an xp boost in a video game.

Kaladin

Finn Balor, that's how you debut a superstar. It doesn't have to be grand, just meaningful and have an impact.

Hideo Itami faced a steep challenge of quite literally the biggest dogs in the NXT yard. He needed backup and in a major way yet he didn't know anyone on the roster. That's when you introduce Finn Balor. He comes in with a reputation of being a big name and makes a major impact when needed...plus they look like a really awesome tag team.

I'm loving what they're doing with this angle and I can't wait to see more.

I'm also loving the Sami Zayn story and can't wait to see how it plays out.

NXT, it's simple, straight forward and dammit I wish these guys didn't have the threat of being moved up to the main roster, because they could build a brand that would rival any major indie with this show, and it would all be under the WWE umbrella.

Thanks for the Naruto spoilers guys, seriously fuck you.
OP, I didn't even know what specific series that image was from and most likely would've enjoyed it just as much as if I had never seen the picture because I wouldn't have made the connection until the end. But you just ruined that for me.

Backlash 2007 is pretty dope. WWE 2007 was pretty dope outside the benoit stuff.

It makes the terribleness of 2008-2011 baffling in comparison.
Wasn't that the year of Cena's long title reign against various opponents that weren't realistically going to beat him and Batista continuing to squat on Smackdown's main events as well as a Khali title run? not sure I'd call it dope, still trying to figure out if Insane ECW champ Vince lands on the good or bad side.

Then again 2008 really sucked so yeah maybe it's not that bad, personally I found 2010 to be pretty good but Kane and Barrett bias so your mileage may vary.

Wasn't that the year of Cena's long title reign against various opponents that weren't realistically going to beat him and Batista continuing to squat on Smackdown's main events as well as a Khali title run? not sure I'd call it dope, still trying to figure out if Insane ECW champ Vince lands on the good or bad side.

Then again 2008 really sucked so yeah maybe it's not that bad, personally I found 2010 to be pretty good but Kane and Barrett bias so your mileage may vary.

ok early 2007 was pretty good at least

Nerdkiller

Membeur
Didn't '07 also have a long line up of injuries as well as wellness violations?

RP912

Banned
I never seen the hbk/cena iron man match folks were harping about and I wish it was on the network :/

why it's not on the damn network?

Kaladin

I never seen the hbk/cena iron man match folks were harping about and I wish it was on the network :/

why it's not on the damn network?

It's on some collection, but they still have the commercial breaks from the broadcast in tact.

and I'm not entirely sure if that was an iron man match, I think it was just a long run TV match that went 45 min. I seem to remember it being a UK episode?

RP912

Banned
It's on some collection, but they still have the commercial breaks from the broadcast in tact.

and I'm not entirely sure if that was an iron man match, I think it was just a long run TV match that went 45 min. I seem to remember it being a UK episode?

oh yeah I figured it wasn't iron man but man the idea of a long match of that magnitude sounds awesome for cena standards.

RP912

Banned
2007 itself was a weird and miserable year period. WWE going through it's transition around that time was interesting though.

Yeah, you're right. I need you, serenewarfare, to explain the complexities of wrestling storylines to me. Because even though it's pretty easy to understand what happened here, it seems to have gone over my head.

Apparently you do considering you think an inanimate object was the motivation for a heel turn.

somedevil

**Howard Fine, who is one of the more renowned acting coaches in Los Angeles and has worked with other talent such as Cody Rhodes, announced that he is coaching Roman Reigns.

Well at least the WWE knows he has a flaw and is trying to fix it while he is recovering.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
OP, I didn't even know what specific series that image was from and most likely would've enjoyed it just as much as if I had never seen the picture because I wouldn't have made the connection until the end. But you just ruined that for me.
I didn't quote any image also don't refer to me as OP, friend.

Sephzilla

Gotta aspire to being greater than a C level talent tho.

In order to be an A level talent you have to be a C level talent first. Reigns isn't that in terms of in ring work. Rhodes is also a better worker than people give him credit for. People wanted him in the WHC picture not even two years ago.

In order to be an A level talent you have to be a C level talent. Reigns isn't that in terms of in ring work. Rhodes is also a better worker than people give him credit for. People wanted him in the WHC picture not even two years ago.

Rhodes is only slightly better than Curtis Axel. He's good, just not great. Pretty sure everyone has been pegged as a "future WHC" at some point. That term is meaningless.

Sephzilla

Rhodes is only slightly better than Curtis Axel. He's good, just not great. Pretty sure everyone has been pegged as a "future WHC" at some point. That term is meaningless.

baby-the-fuck-you-say.gif

Rhodes has at least had glimmers of main event potential. Axel hasn't even shown that.

Starting to see?

Sometimes I feel like I'm the only person who has thought for years that Roberts was awful.

Cagey

Banned
In order to be an A level talent you have to be a C level talent first. Reigns isn't that in terms of in ring work. Rhodes is also a better worker than people give him credit for. People wanted him in the WHC picture not even two years ago.

True, people thought that, and :lol at that sentiment. Same people that think Wade Barrett is underutilized and has talent.

Nekofrog

Banned
So, apparently the Ambrose/Rollins HiaC match was the first time since Survivor Series 1994 that two guys under 30 headlined a PPV. Last time was Yoko vs. Taker.

you mean to tell me there was a time when the undertaker wasnt a slow ass dinosaur?

The Takis sponsorship is so weird.

Because they also are sponsored by Mt Dew which is a brand from the same people that make Doritos.

Striker

Rhodes is better than 'slightly better than Curtis Axel'. He's one of few guys who can I actually don't mind watching nowadays. Unfortunately for him he's been saddled with being in a dead tag division for several years now.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Rhodes has owned all of his gimmicks, Dashing, Dr Doom, Moustache(Rhodes Scholars) & Stardust. They might never let him ME though. :/

XenoRaven

Rhodes has owned all of his gimmicks, Dashing, Dr Doom, Moustache(Rhodes Scholars) & Stardust. They might never let him ME though. :/
I'm afraid that ship has sailed.

Not that I think he can't hack it. Just that you can only flounder around on the roster for so long before your place is just kind of set. I feel the same way about Sheamus. He could be something great, but probably never will be based on how long he's been on the midcard and how his booking has affected people's perception of him.

Top Bottom