• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| Ask Not The Jobber How John Cena Wins

strobogo

Banned
That special dinner was wonderful. I feel so content after eating Mexican food. The meat coma part helps. Chilis. Tacos. Rice. Beans. Enchilada. Tamale. I <3 Mexican food.

uppercut.gif

I'm a legit alcoholic.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I'm afraid that ship has sailed.

Not that I think he can't hack it. Just that you can only flounder around on the roster for so long before your place is just kind of set. I feel the same way about Sheamus. He could be something great, but probably never will be based on how long he's been on the midcard and how his booking has affected people's perception of him.
Yeah you're not wrong, everyone's stuck unless they want to move them.

I feel the same way about Sheamus. He could be something great, but probably never will be based on how long he's been on the midcard and how his booking has affected people's perception of him.

People thought that about Mark Henry, and he was one of the best heel champions we've ever had in the past few years.

I'm with both of you. Justin Roberts was a fucking TERRIBLE ring announcer. I get that he's been a lifelong fan, but holy shit, his intros were anti-hype. Everyone remember JEAAAAAAAAAN CENA? And also, the way he said "WWE" was cringe worthy.

Compared to how Tony Chimel could never pronounce the word Championship correctly, even after a fucking decade...

RP912

Banned
Watching uncensored 98 and holy shit Mean Gene shitting on Dean Melenko something fierce :(.

What a jackoff :/ Just because Dean lost a few matches doesn't mean you have to point out his blunders :(

jred2k

It think people are just sour on Cody right now because Gold/Stardust are so aimless right now as goes the tag division. The storyline leading up to and including Battleground last year showed me that he can make me really invested in his matches if he's given something to go with. His performance at MitB 2013 was great, too, but the ensuing feud with Sandow just went on forever and I can't remember any real resolution.

Not the motivation but the impetus.

Sorry to correct you, Mr. Condescending Dude on the Internet.

Am I being condescending? I'm certainly not trying to be. But even with your correction, the point is still not accurate. The mirror was not the impetus to the turn. The mirror had nothing to do with the turn itself. At the least it was framing and at most it was, as someone else in the thread said, a tool to show how Sasha is in Summer's old position.

Sokantish

That special dinner was wonderful. I feel so content after eating Mexican food. The meat coma part helps. Chilis. Tacos. Rice. Beans. Enchilada. Tamale. I <3 Mexican food.

http://110.imagebam.com/download/3Jo5_OWdWPPkDEk_WRObBg/36275/362748491/uppercut.gif[/MG]

I'm a legit alcoholic.[/QUOTE]

I'm glad you finally admitted it!

Sephzilla

I'm with both of you. Justin Roberts was a fucking TERRIBLE ring announcer. I get that he's been a lifelong fan, but holy shit, his intros were anti-hype. Everyone remember JEAAAAAAAAAN CENA? And also, the way he said "WWE" was cringe worthy.

JEAAAAAAAAAAAAN CEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

RANDY OOOOOOOOOOO(*skips the r*)TOOOOONNNNNN

When he was on camera he also used to have a terrible habit at staring directly at the camera and it always creeped me out.

strobogo

Banned
I'm glad you finally admitted it!

It's bad. I'm on a bad spiral and I don't know how to pull out of it. Been on it for about 7 years and it has sped up a lot in the last 2 years like I'm near the end or something.

Watched both eps of Lucha Underground. It is okay. I don't see what Aiii and Alucard are so into, but it is certainly watchable and enjoyable. I like the look and style. I hate Konnan, not into VampirBro, and not into John Morrison as the top star. If it was 2 hours it probably wouldn't be that good.

Konnan now looks like his model from Revenge

hqdefault.jpg

220px-KonnanJuly2011.png

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's...it's so beautiful.

Going to run out now and buy a new XBONE, PS4, and Gaming PC and preorder whatever the most expensive version is for all three. Plus get all the DLC.

Wrestling is back baby!

RBH

safe_image.php

After nine back surgeries, 61-year-old Hulk Hogan said his weight is down, and he's been training in hopes of a final match next year at Wrestlemania 31.

Hogan spoke to Chuck Carroll and told the host that all he needs is approval from WWE's Vince McMahon and Triple H to make it a reality at the new Levi's Stadium next March.

“At the end of the day, it's me getting Vince's ear, and me getting in Triple H's ear, and talking to them into letting me rock the house one more time,” Hogan said. “[John] Cena would be the guy I'd love to get in the ring with, you know, if I could irritate Stone Cold so much he'd come out of retirement, I'd love to have him open a can of whoop ass on me and see what happens.”

After his sixth back surgery, doctors told Hogan that he'd never walk again, but since then – three surgeries later -- he's cut down on his eating and begun training.

“My back's cool. I never dreamed that if we were to digress and wind backward almost three and a half years ago when I was sitting in a wheelchair after back surgery number six, the doctors told me and my new wife I'd never walk again,” Hogan said. “After three more back surgeries, I was up on my feet moving around.”

“Now if we fast forward a couple years, my back doesn't hurt at all, brother.”

Hogan admitted that he was up over 300 pounds, but has since gotten down to 290 as he dreams of a comeback.

“I'd love to get in there because I miss it and love it so much,” Hogan said. "I'd love to get in there and really just tear it down on one of the mania's one last time.”
http://www.cbssports.com/general/ey...ining-in-hopes-of-final-match-at-wrestlemania

Chavo's arc in Lucha Underground is pretty funny to me.

First week: Loses one match via submission to one of the best wrestlers in the world, and gets berated from some slimy douchebag promoter over not winning 100k.

Next week: Wins tag match with Sexy Star, ends show by chairing her in the face. Wotadick

Also, Lucha Underground's promos are best in goddamn class and destroy anything I've seen in wrestling in probably a decade, if not ever.

strobogo

Banned
They're just wrestling promos but shot like a TV show. I think the ones with Konnan haven't been good at all, but the rest have.

They're just wrestling promos but shot like a TV show. I think the ones with Konnan haven't been good at all, but the rest have.

Pretty much. They have actual effort put into them, because they have the time to do so; unlike RAW, where they have to produce an absurd amount every week. Keep it simple.

Konnan being a jaded bitter old fuck with a cane is also good to me, too.

MC Safety

Am I being condescending? I'm certainly not trying to be. But even with your correction, the point is still not accurate. The mirror was not the impetus to the turn. The mirror had nothing to do with the turn itself. At the least it was framing and at most it was, as someone else in the thread said, a tool to show how Sasha is in Summer's old position.

Now I'm going to flat-out laugh at you.

You didn't think you were being condescending by suggesting the guy who disagreed with you about the Shakespearian sea change that happened over the course of a 15-second vignette on your wrestling program didn't get it?

Seriously? You didn't think you were being condescending?

Sephzilla

Normally I'd be cool with Hogan vs Cena because of the possibility that they'd get themselves suck in the neither-can-go-over infinite loop. But Hogan seems to desperately want to put Cena over in the worst way because he's a big ass fucking mark for Cena (translation - Hogan is a mark for Neo Hogan), so this would more or less just end with Cena sucking the soul out of Hulkamania - which I don't want.

Normally I'd be cool with Hogan vs Cena because of the possibility that they'd get themselves suck in the neither-can-go-over infinite loop. But Hogan seems to desperately want to put Cena over in the worst way because he's a big ass fucking mark for Cena (translation - Hogan is a mark for Neo Hogan), so this would more or less just end with Cena sucking the soul out of Hulkamania - which I don't want.

If Cena beats Hogan does that mean Cena achieves final form? :\

jred2k

Hogan talking to his toy feels like a promo they would've had Warrior do.

Also why is it not a red/yellow hulk figure? Seems like a weird thing since he's not nwo colors on the box.

There is a red and yellow version, but it's just sold as part of a normal line. The nWo one is exclusive to the special edition of that shitty game. I'm guessing they expect the red and yellow to do a lot better by itself than the nWo version would have.

Big One

Banned
Does Hogan want to kill himself? He isn't Lou Thesz or anything. Dude doesn't need to be in the ring whatsoever.

Bruno Sammartino is probably more clear to wrestle than he is, sad to say.

Top Bottom