• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

November Wrasslin |OT| Ask Not The Jobber How John Cena Wins

Vylash

lucha underground is fucking ridiculous, they give sexy star this amazing video package and she loses to a fucking backbreaker and they top it off with the guy grabbing her ass during the pin, yuck

Vylash

lucha underground episode 1 was pretty lame, opening match was shitty, sexy star match was meaningless, main event was really good but man ezekiel jackson in 2014, yikes

Power Struggle is live! Pre-show match is on at the moment;

NJPW, "POWER STRUGGLE", 2014.11.08
Osaka BODYMAKER Colosseum

https://secure.live.nicovideo.jp/product/2598

5PM JST | 9AM EU | 8AM UK | 3AM EST | 12AM PST

gISUOJV.jpg

01. Tiger Mask & Fuego vs BUSHI & Mascara Dorada
02. Super Jr. 3-Way Match: Forever Hooligans (Alex Kozlov & Rocky Romero) vs The Young Bucks (Nick & Matt Jackson) vs Suzuki-gun (TAKA Michinoku & El Desperado)
03. Special Tag Match: Kazushi Sakuraba & Toru Yano vs Suzuki-gun (Minoru Suzuki & Takashi Iizuka)
04. NWA World Jr. Heavyweight Title: Chase Owens © vs Jushin 'Thunder' Liger
05. Special 8-Man Tag Match: Togi Makabe, Tetsuya Naito, Tomoaki Honma & Captain New Japan vs Bullet Club (Karl Anderson, Doc Gallows, Bad Luck Fale & Yujiro Takahashi)
06. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Titles: TIME SPLITTERS (Alex Shelley & KUSHIDA) © vs ReDRagon (Kyle O'Reilly & Bobby Fish)
07. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Title: Ryusuke Taguchi © vs Taichi
08. Special Challenge Match: Yoshitatsu vs AJ Styles
09. Special Tag Match: Hiroshi Tanahashi & Kota Ibushi vs CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada & YOSHI-HASHI)
10. IWGP Intercontinental Title Match: Shinsuke Nakamura © vs Katsuyori Shibata

Omega

Banned
it was especially bad considering the time period

backlash 2000 was the real wrestlemania that year

in fact, every other PPV that year shit on mania

this is all true.

I used to think it was shit, then recently rewatched it and thought it was decent, but that's compared to current day WWE. i think even wcw 2000 would look good compared to this stuff

is that too hyperbolic stro?

Intermission at Power Struggle, New Japan just ran an advert for something called "NJPW WORLD";

http://njpwworld.com/

New Japan Network? The details will be announced at a press conference on December 1st.

Also, Time Splitters vs ReDRagon was really good, easily one of the best jr. tags of the year. Well worth a watch.

I don't get this at all, he's been performing that move for well over a decade, yet in the last 12 months it's been botched more times then I've known. You'd think the new people working with Styles would be aware of his move by now.

Toki767

I think it's basically instinct for wrestlers to always tuck their heads when taking moves. The Styles Clash might be the one move that goes against that.

You know what's good? WM2000

I can't wait til Zach sees it.

Every corner.

Sighs...for a wrestlemania that has 2000 in it...it was one of the most miserable ppvs I have ever watched. It just felt like a beta for wrestlemania 17.

Midnight WM2000

the worst kind of midnight.

Thanks for the memories. 2000 was one of the most hilariously (bad) events I've seen in a while.

Toki767

I found it pretty funny that during that History of WrestleMania DVD or whatever it was, the focus when it came to Mania 2000 was The Hardy Boys vs Edge and Christian vs The Dudley Boys.

No mention at all about the main event.

Recall

Royal Rumble 2000
No Way Out 2000
Backlash 2000
Fully Loaded 2000
Summerslam 2000

All cracking shows, Backlash is incredible.

it was especially bad considering the time period

backlash 2000 was the real wrestlemania that year

in fact, every other PPV that year shit on mania

Just watched Backlash 2000 tonight and it was great! Really enjoyed most of the matches. Commentary was fantastic, that extra cherry on top of the fun wrestling.

bjork

I don't understand why Jeff likes wrestling. I feel like he enjoyed it when he was younger and just watches because he feels an obligation now because of the site. He really just seems to like the royal rumble and that's it.

He basically wants to watch the shitty WWE films every week. If you want to watch shitty b movies watch shitty b movies. Why would you choose to go to WWE for shitty writing when it isn't entertaining bad I don't know.

Same reason I still follow it, even as vaguely as I do. It used to be something I was an avid fan of, so even if the current stuff doesn't appeal to me, there's always that hope that it can turn the corner and be great again.

It's like having some awesome girlfriend, then finding out she turned into a heroin junkie. You knew her when she was cool, and you know the potential is there for her to be cool once more, just not while she's being a piece of shit.

Recall

People watch WWE in hopes it gets better. I still don't know how people willing subject themselves to RAW every week on the off chance its decent.

I've not watched RAW in 11 years and feel I've not missed anything of value especially now you can just watch a gif or read a report on that rare great moment.

Pretty good show from New Japan today, although the main event could've done with five minutes more. Best match was probably Ishii/Goto, a total goddamn slugfest if you like that sort of thing, and the Jr. tag title match was awesome as well. Nakamura/Shibata was great fun, but the finishing stretch seemed rushed (the show was running long). The semi-main tag of Okada/YOSHI vs Tana/Ibushi was good as well and I enjoyed Styles/Yoshitatsu once they picked up the pace. World Tag League next month (no teams announced, as of yet) and then it's the Tokyo Dome! Here's the prospective card for Wrestle Kingdom 9;

IWGP Heavyweight Title: Hiroshi Tanahashi (c) vs Kazuchika Okada
IWGP Intercontinental Title:
Shinsuke Nakamura (c) vs Kota Ibushi
NEVER Openweight Title:
Tomohiro Ishii (c) vs Togi Makabe
IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Title:
Ryusuke Taguchi (c) vs Kenny Omega
IWGP Heavyweight Tag Titles: Gallows & Anderson (c) vs winners of World Tag League
IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Titles:
ReDRagon (c) vs Time Splitters vs Young Bucks vs Forever Hooligans
UWFi Rules: Minoru Suzuki vs Kazushi Sakuraba

There'll also likely be some Yoshitatsu/Jeff Jarrett thing at the Dome, as well as some potential NWA Jr. and NWA Tag title matches, plus maybe an ROH title match if ROH/GFW/NJPW can get their disagreements sorted. Card's already looking stacked, no way in hell is it all fitting into the 4 hour PPV slot for the US broadcast.

Pretty good show from New Japan today, although the main event could've done with five minutes more. Best match was probably Ishii/Goto, a total goddamn slugfest if you like that sort of thing, and the Jr. tag title match was awesome as well. Nakamura/Shibata was great fun, but the finishing stretch seemed rushed (the show was running long). The semi-main tag of Okada/YOSHI vs Tana/Ibushi was good as well and I enjoyed Styles/Yoshitatsu once they picked up the pace. World Tag League next month (no teams announced, as of yet) and then it's the Tokyo Dome! Here's the prospective card for Wrestle Kingdom 9;

IWGP Heavyweight Title: Hiroshi Tanahashi (c) vs Kazuchika Okada
IWGP Intercontinental Title:
Shinsuke Nakamura (c) vs Kota Ibushi
NEVER Openweight Title:
Tomohiro Ishii (c) vs Togi Makabe
IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Title:
Ryusuke Taguchi (c) vs Kenny Omega
IWGP Heavyweight Tag Titles: Gallows & Anderson (c) vs winners of World Tag League
IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Titles:
ReDRagon (c) vs Time Splitters vs Young Bucks vs Forever Hooligans
UWFi Rules: Minoru Suzuki vs Kazushi Sakuraba

There'll also likely be some Yoshitatsu/Jeff Jarrett thing at the Dome, as well as some potential NWA Jr. and NWA Tag title matches, plus maybe an ROH title match if ROH/GFW/NJPW can get their disagreements sorted. Card's already looking stacked, no way in hell is it all fitting into the 4 hour PPV slot for the US broadcast.
I thought Tatsu and JJ was already announced?

I thought Tatsu and JJ was already announced?

Not as such, people are just predicting that's the way it's going to go and I think Meltzer speculated that Jarrett might be wrestling at the Dome.

Boots you spelled toru yano wrong

Nope, Suzuki's finally free from the Yano feud!

...until they restart it in 2015 x_x

Also togi makabe i in 2015

Yeah, it's
Ishii
though. He's probably the best opponent for Makabe, other than Goto. They'll hit each other really hard and
Ishii
will make Makabe look awesome with his selling, it'll be good, I promise.

Striker

Backlash talk made me want to re-watch Scotty 2 Hotty vs. Dean Malenko. What a great undercard match. Crowd popped huge for the Worm. Lots of fun reversals, notably the top rope superplex into the DDT.

Zach

You know what's good? WM2000

I can't wait til Zach sees it.

Oh, lawd. 2000 is so far away.

That being said, I'm to Bash at the Beach '96! I watched the go home show (Disco attacking Kurasawa with the disco ball, the Outsiders buying tickets/taking off in a Corvette, etc.) last night and hope to start THE BIGGEST NIGHT IN THE HISTORY OF OUR GREAT SPORT tonight. I may push it back to tomorrow, though, as I have a busy day today.

Anyway! I'm excited.

Top Bottom